• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dishes 'hijacked': M'sia

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The rest is all Malaya (Singapore being part of Malaysia).

Singapore was part of Malaysia for only 2 years from 1963 to 1965. Before that, Singapore wasn't part of Malaya. It was first a British East India Company trading port, then part of the Straits Settlements (incorporating Malacca and Penang but distinct from Malaya), then a British Crown Colony with the independence of Malaya in 1957. For many nonya dishes, Malacca, Penang and Singapore could lay common and competing claims to originality, but I think that none are so silly as to bicker over such things.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
HT090609W06.jpg
2002112019642.jpg
ng%20yen%20yen%203.jpg

her fav food, roti canai
se_04ng-300x216.jpg

manifesto.jpg

旅游部长拿督斯里黄燕燕週三(9月16日)在2009年大马国际美食节和一个马来西亚美食推介礼上致词时说,大马有很多好吃的美食,其中辣椒炒螃蟹和海南鸡饭更是大马人的美食。
她说,为了確保大马美食不被其他国家“骑劫”,她和部门秘书长拿督黄宏炳及旅游促进局总监拿督米尔查决定要索取这些美食的拥有权,惟她不愿透露详情。

This bloody bitch looks like S'pore Lee Bee Wah jamban bitch!

Maybe same father, but different mother.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think, the new war will be on wikipedia. Bros who are patriotic should jaga the wikipedia pages for Mee Siam, Chilli Crab, Mee Rebus, etc. The Mudland donkeys will soon arrive to change the facts into their fantacies.

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a laugh! After they kena whacked by the Indons & deservedly so, they now focus their cross-hairs on Sinkapore! Chilli crabs, bak kut teh hainanese chicken rice Malaysian? More like Sinkaporean signature dishes or local chefs' creations. Nasi lemak maybe but then the Indons also hv nasi lemak! Another big fight coming up between Indon. & Malaysia. As for Sinkapore, we've got no balls to fight!:biggrin: Just carry on eating lol.:biggrin:

Petty petty... like the schoolboy after kena humtum by a bigger one looks for a smaller one to bully.

Malaysia truly boleh!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have tried the one in hainan and it is not the same as the singapore one...local version has been adapted to local taste...oh and to me local version is da best:smile:

Malay chicken rice also not bad, but always only fried chicken. There's no white boiled chicken. Malay boiled chicken can be found in mee soto or soto ayam, the soup (soto) is very tasty but the chicken has been boiled and overboiled. Losing and dissolving its fragrance into the soup, even portion from wing or drumstick taste like wood. Malay friends tell me, halal chicken can't be used for Hainanese-style white boiled chicken. They're dripped so dry to rid the blood that other juiciness are dripped away too.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have tried the one in hainan and it is not the same as the singapore one...local version has been adapted to local taste...oh and to me local version is da best:smile:

Portfolio Robinrose you are certainly into food these days, talking in such great length and fervor about all kinds of it. Is there something that we should know about you?

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
The one thing that is certain is that Singapore belongs to Malaysia. :rolleyes:

Nope

if you look at history's point of view, it should be the other way around.

Malaysia, or in this case malaya, should belong to Singapore.

Without the link and trace to Singapore, there would be no modern malaysia to talk about.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am well aware of that. As far as the locals were concerned, it was no different to Ipoh and Malacca. It was just another city in "Malaya". The british decided to recognise the sultanates as directed by London thus it did not follow the crown colonies.

Prior to British carving the admin, where you think Singapore was?

Singapore was part of Malaysia for only 2 years from 1963 to 1965. Before that, Singapore wasn't part of Malaya. It was first a British East India Company trading port, then part of the Straits Settlements (incorporating Malacca and Penang but distinct from Malaya), then a British Crown Colony with the independence of Malaya in 1957. For many nonya dishes, Malacca, Penang and Singapore could lay common and competing claims to originality, but I think that none are so silly as to bicker over such things.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, you know your food well.

Malay chicken rice also not bad, but always only fried chicken. There's no white boiled chicken. Malay boiled chicken can be found in mee soto or soto ayam, the soup (soto) is very tasty but the chicken has been boiled and overboiled. Losing and dissolving its fragrance into the soup, even portion from wing or drumstick taste like wood. Malay friends tell me, halal chicken can't be used for Hainanese-style white boiled chicken. They're dripped so dry to rid the blood that other juiciness are dripped away too.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting and novel point of view. Care to elaborate?

Look at Malayan History, had Paramesware not feld from Singapore and founded Malacca, there could be a very different form of malayan history.

Had the British not come to Singapore, what we know of malaya today could be speaking of a different language and a total different political culture.

Even had Malacca become a great seaport, The position of Singapore had not decrease much as the island was part of the malaccan rule and was the land belonging to the legendery Hang Tuan.

When the British began its rule and control over malaya, all governing came from Singapore and nowhere else in any part of malaya.

Even when malay was occupied by the Japanese, The japs ruled Malaya from Singapore too and no where else.

Just to pick out a few facts to show that the rule of malaya rested in Singapore in matter of fact.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am well aware of that. As far as the locals were concerned, it was no different to Ipoh and Malacca. It was just another city in "Malaya". The british decided to recognise the sultanates as directed by London thus it did not follow the crown colonies.

Yes, it was like something like the early West Zhou dynasty system. British were the Zhou king while the Malay Sultanates were like the Zhou feudal dukes. Not exactly, but something like that.

Prior to British carving the admin, where you think Singapore was?

Singapore was part of the Johor Sultanate. Check out Jalan Sultan, Sultan Gate and Aliwal Street along Beach Road. The old palace and the descendants of the Johor sultan lineage are still there.

But as LKY would have it, Singapore was founded in 1819 by Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles. Our history starts in 1819. Malacca lost its sultan even earlier thru Portugese conquest. They fled south and their lineage is the Johor royalty now. Penang has never been a sultanate.

Last edited: