• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Disappointed with Sinktel's customer service

Yue Ying

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ST Forum
Home > ST Forum > Online Story
Jan 25, 2010

Disappointed with telco's customer service
<!-- end by line --> <!-- story content : start -->
SINCE the start of this month, I have experienced less than acceptable broadband and customer service from SingTel. My broadband service is supposed to be 10Mbps, but the speed is only around 1Mbps. I cannot even access my e-mail without refreshing the page load every few seconds due to page error. This problem occurred again last Tuesday night, even though a technician had visited my home in the afternoon and confirmed that the problem was solved. So around 11.30pm, I called the helpdesk. I had to repeat my story three times before the officer finally acknowledged my concern. Worse, he was munching food and speaking to me at the same time. I do not call this professional. He finally confirmed that a technician would arrive at my home the next day, between 9am and 11am.

So I took emergency leave and waited at home, but no technician arrived. At 12.30pm, I called SingTel. The helpdesk officer confirmed that an appointment had been fixed and it was reflected in the system. He was not sure what had gone wrong, and had to check with the technical support team. He promised he would arrange for a technician to visit as soon as possible that day and said he would contact me again within half an hour to reconfirm the appointment.
After waiting for four hours, I decided to call the helpdesk again and was told that no third-party technicians were available and there had been a mix-up in the appointment by the first officer who served me. He should have spent his time listening to customers during his work hours rather than munching away.
Singtel is definitely not managing relationships with its customers well. As a loyal customer, I am truly disappointed.

Lim Guan Hong

massorgy68

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinktel policy same like LEEgime, take our money and never reciprocate with good service in return... I'm still seething over Mio TV's unstable connection and I don't see any light at the end of the tunnel...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Lim...so sorry but actually after spending 400m to get BPL broadcast, we don't have much in our coffers...so our poor telephone helpdesk chap has to work 12 hour shifts...hence its no wonder that he has to eat on his job,.,

i mean, at your job, u oso sometimes eat and type right? no different de.

actually its your fault becos u singaporeans like to watch BPL so much that we have to go all out to get the broadcast rights for you jokers. U see, so many of you are Liverpool or Man U fans..the supporters of red right? So being red ourselves, we feel the obligation to go out and get the broadcast right too becos we share the same vision - red.

heh heh...but one thing we may be red but our financial cannot be red - otherwise you know, big brother ahem...not happy. Well, i won't say more.

Just one word, its about balancing here, you spend alot there, u got to realign ur resources elsewhere...u get the picture>?

so, u see, its no choice de. Life is like that.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lucky the person answering the phone wasn't 'sucking a ba na na"...ha ha ha ha only munching food....

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Too busy making big bucks to bother about such small issues. Are u the type who kpkb over 10 cents increase in tau huay zui? :p

No lah!..10c small matter...! but in SINkingpore..you don't pay..even 10c...you can get a red note too!..so pay!:p