• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Did a PR pay this insane sum for a pigeon hole?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB maisonette sells for record $1.05m in Bishan

SINGAPORE - The trend of dipping resale prices did not seem to affect the $1.05 million sale of a Bishan HDB maisonette last month.

Located on the 20th floor of Block 190, the 150 sq m flat is said to be located in a prime area which is near the MRT station.

The property was sold at $250,000 cash-over-valuation (COV) in a sale handled by Thomas Hee, a property agent from the Dennis Wee Group.

Mr Hee attributed the high fetching price of the flat to its central location, and its proximity to two bus interchanges and top schools.

"Another factor is the spaciousness of the flat," he said, adding that the maisonette could have also been attractive as its lease commenced only in 1987, making it just 27 years old.

In total, four HDB flats were sold for $1 million and above last year. Three of these homes in Bishan, Whampoa and Toh Yi were sold before housing loan curbs were introduced in June.

Only one other million-dollar HDB home was sold at Mei Ling Street in 2012.

Many other resale flats fetched high prices on the market in 2013. According to Singapore Real Estate Exchange (SRX), a total of 70 HDB resale flats were sold above the $900K mark last year, compared to only 21 in 2012.

The Singapore Property Index released by SRX showed that the median resale price in Bishan in December was $539,000.

Jeremy Lee, an SRX spokesperson said that the transaction should be considered as an exception in the market today.

"In fact, the median COV for Executive HDB in Bishan has fallen from a high of $170,000 in Q1 of 2013, to $60,000 in Q4," he said.

"The recent downward trends in both COV and valuations are likely to make such transactions even more rare in the near future," he added.

SRX Business analyst Jason Chen said that the contract for December's million-dollar sale was likely signed in October.

"Apart from Bishan's strategic location and the proximity to the MRT station, we believe the flat came with some unique attributes which attracted a high COV and record price," he added.

[email protected]

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
HDB 1.01 million and Lornie Road bungalow only 2.2 million? Something must be wrong with my head :(

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the flat that comes with a roof top garden. Back then these new flats were allocated to pap crasslooters.

Tongkatali

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got money don't know where to spend. End up paying more than 1 million dollars for a leasehold 27 years old hdb flat.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paradise if first owner. first owner stupid to sell for small profit. now this type of lifestyle worth much more. even more expensive private condo also cannot fight. suggest HDB stop building such units liaoz. prone to corruption liao.

Pasir Ris got quite a few such units. Me personally quite like.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2 years back, ah chon fall in love with one condo unit in hougang. top floor with access to roof. the unit not impressive lah. but me like the roof access so much. struggling whether to buy or not (not for investment)

in the end, neber invest. know why? too many chow fucking PEE NOYS liao. so what if i got my personal roof space, everyday here tagalog also buay tahan. KNNBCCB, i already designed my koi pond liaoz. CHOW CHEE BYE to the PEENOYs.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube;yvuOtlpSAeY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvuOtlpSAeY[/video]

I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air,
They fly so high,
Nearly reach the sky,
Then like my dreams,
They fade and die.
Fortune's always hiding,
I've looked everywhere,
I'm forever blowing bubbles,
Pretty bubbles in the air.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal
HDB must investigate this transaction

How can it change hands at $250,000 above valuation?

Are the HDB-appointed valuers not doing their job?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes you have to wonder if such 'good news' are not deliberately manufactured and leaked by the insiders of the real estate industry, in order to reassure potential buyers that all is fine and it is okay to splash the cash.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HDB must investigate this transaction

How can it change hands at $250,000 above valuation?

Are the HDB-appointed valuers not doing their job?
investigate simi lj? nice units meant to fatten the first owners, who are grass looters.
good units. first owners all kio tio cow balls.

those who sell, stupid. those who keep are those smart. knn, nowadays, where to find such units, furthermore HDB wor! much much better than those fake condos.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
paradise if first owner. first owner stupid to sell for small profit. now this type of lifestyle worth much more. even more expensive private condo also cannot fight. suggest HDB stop building such units liaoz. prone to corruption liao.

Pasir Ris got quite a few such units. Me personally quite like.

Pii Chon you know your hdb flats....me thinks only other estate that they built such rooftop garden flats was in Yew Tee....

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think Bukit Batok has a few blocks of HDB maisonettes, no? Each unit has upstairs and downstairs areas.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me have been trying to get such unit at reasonable price. Not for investment. for staying. How the fuck did HDB came out with such discriminating units?

Some already mention liao. grass looters get the deal lor.

Currently, I can eying one, but fuck lah. so fucking expensive. knn, me not earning SGD or USD hor. And have to owe bank again. so i have to be careful. I like the extra private space. in sg, it's priceless.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me have been trying to get such unit at reasonable price. Not for investment. for staying. How the fuck did HDB came out with such discriminating units?

Some already mention liao. grass looters get the deal lor.

Currently, I can eying one, but fuck lah. so fucking expensive. knn, me not earning SGD or USD hor. And have to owe bank again. so i have to be careful. I like the extra private space. in sg, it's priceless.

You can always do what one of my friends did: bought the neighbour's flat, make a door on the wall that separates both units.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is the flat that comes with a roof top garden. Back then these new flats were allocated to pap crasslooters.

Those PAP maggots cockroaches have been living it up while helping that smear of shit on sole of shoe screw and fuck and rape us of our money and blood

WHICH IS WHY THOSE PAP MOTHERFUCKERS SHOULD BE HUNG WITH PIANO WIRE
EVERY FUCKING PAP MOTHERFUCKERS BE HANG WITH PIANO WIRE FROM LAMP POSTS
WHEN POWER IS BACK WITH SINGAPOREANS

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah NW, first owners if don't sell. can really enjoy the space at the price of condo or much better than condos. even the old 25 storey point blocks can put many new condos to shame.

OK, this really sap sap soi.

NW, used to stay near queenstown right? u now there is a lot of those 2 storey HDB terrace house? that one lagi better! landed property at HDB price!! bonus if staying corner units!