• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently definitely looks bad.
But I think there are some plans to improve the infrastructure surrounding the permas Jaya bridge. I can see a lot of clearing activities going on.
Now might be a good time to sniff out some deals perhaps before any announcements? Haha
The Iskandar older plans seems to indicate some waterfront developments along the coast. Likely it is to accommodate this development.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently definitely looks bad.
But I think there are some plans to improve the infrastructure surrounding the permas Jaya bridge. I can see a lot of clearing activities going on.
Now might be a good time to sniff out some deals perhaps before any announcements? Haha
The Iskandar older plans seems to indicate some waterfront developments along the coast. Likely it is to accommodate this development.

Yes, zone A looks very run down, which is why I usually take off from EDL right after CIQ. Coming down to zone A never crosses my mind. There are also low cost housings that never seems to be taken up for 1 year+ despite completion beside EDL near the Southkey area. This is all very strange.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is still opportunities in that area.
Puteri side is getting more and more expensive.
Quite a bit of work is starting and further down Tropicana is going to start expansion in Tropicana Danga Cove project pretty soon.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think there is still opportunities in that area.
Puteri side is getting more and more expensive.
Quite a bit of work is starting and further down Tropicana is going to start expansion in Tropicana Danga Cove project pretty soon.

I thought the high prices of commercial and residential units are stifling the Puteri Cove/Medini/Danga Bay area. Medini mall could be the first of several victims there. If I were to pay high prices, I might as well stay in Singapore without the jam and security concern.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
遲遲未展開的巴西古當大道擴建工程,也將在非法屋、電話、水管等管線的遷移工作結束後展開;該大道的擴建工程預計會在2015年9月竣工。
據瞭解,電線、電話線的遷移工作將在今年4或5月完成,而水管的遷移工作則預計在今年10月完成;至今仍有3間非法屋阻礙工程的進行。
擴建工程原定於明年1月15日完工,但是由於上述原因,使得完工日期展延至明年9月30日;然而目前的工程進度,比展延後的完工日期,還慢了20%。

http://mykampung.sinchew.com.my/node/268853?tid=9#ixzz31UKI2qBk

as per what i expected.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
遲遲未展開的巴西古當大道擴建工程,也將在非法屋、電話、水管等管線的遷移工作結束後展開;該大道的擴程預計會在2015年9月竣工。
據瞭解,電線、電話線的遷移工作將在今年4或5月完成,而水管的遷移工作則預計在今年10月完成;至今仍有3間非法屋阻礙工程的進行。
擴建工程原定於明年1月15日完工,但是由於上述原因,使得完工日期展延至明年9月30日;然而目前的工程進度,比展延後的完工日期,還慢了20%。

http://mykampung.sinchew.com.my/node/268853?tid=9#ixzz31UKI2qBk

as per what i expected.

There was already news on this delay a few months ago in English medium. I drove pass tt stretch a few weeks ago, n e progress was indeed slow. Nonetheless work was still underway. In Malaysia, I just take things w a pinch of salt n things do move slower.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any translation available?

The expected completion would be Sep 2015. There are technical difficulties with this project. It is very narrow n congested, n there are drainage pipes to be laid n cables to he shifted as well. I think Q4 2015 is more realistic.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was already news on this delay a few months ago in English medium. I drove pass tt stretch a few weeks ago, n e progress was indeed slow. Nonetheless work was still underway. In Malaysia, I just take things w a pinch of salt n things do move slower.

Like I said before, this is expected. If u read the article carefully, they share the same view as me that even Pandan road is expanded. It is not going to help the current situation for tebrau. The expansion will at least last for few more years, suffer time is way longer than expected.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like I said before, this is expected. If u read the article carefully, they share the same view as me that even Pandan road is expanded. It is not going to help the current situation for tebrau. The expansion will at least last for few more years, suffer time is way longer than expected.

Things move slower in JB n I accept n I need that. My life in SG is very fast n stressful enough.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things move slower in JB n I accept n I need that. My life in SG is very fast n stressful enough.

the road works and network inm'sia is all the same. in kl all the hot areas are jammed, no mater how many highway they build. subang jaya? jam. kepong? jam. damansara? jam. bangsar? jam. mont kiara ? jam. each of these places have 3 major highway nearby now and still jam. in fact, places that are not jam are already not in KL proper anymore, like bukit jelutong, cyberjaya, shah alam.
penang? jam everywhere.
jb? jam everywhere too. tebrau? jam. jb city ? jam. skudai & TUTA? jam. even bukit indah quite jammy now around the jusco and surrounding commercial area. same for perling.
only westward of HH you will see no jam. population not reach critical mass yet.
so how to solve this jam problem . is easy. don't drive during peak hours. that's why jb as hinterland is more suitable for leisure, weekend, or those with flexi hours working. to travel with everyone to work during peak hours is just adding to the jam.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

My Chinese must be getting poorer. First, I thought the news is about expansion of Pasir Gudang Highway, not expansion of Pandan Road?

Second, I thought the article meant that the potholes will continue to reappear on Pasir Gudang Highway after patch-up, unless the whole road is resurfaced, which is what they are planning to do.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My Chinese must be getting poorer. First, I thought the news is about expansion of Pasir Gudang Highway, not expansion of Pandan Road?

Second, I thought the article meant that the potholes will continue to reappear on Pasir Gudang Highway after patch-up, unless the whole road is resurfaced, which is what they are planning to do.

It is Pasir Gudang road. Big technical challenges for this stretch e.g. the bridges support don't make the road expansion easy. Road expansion can take years along a narrow stretch with heavy traffic in Singapore. I'm not sure if the contractor might go bust because of these. Just give them some time for their effort. Unfortunately the jam problem could get worse as the manufacturing and port activities around that area increase. It is a sign of prosperity in that area, just like jams everywhere in Singapore.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear cascadia, have they fixed e traffic light turning into BI? Siki repair also take months liao.. :p 来来..,喝杯茶,吃个包子.:p

Lim kopi liao..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is Pasir Gudang road. Big technical challenges for this stretch e.g. the bridges support don't make the road expansion easy. Road expansion can take years along a narrow stretch with heavy traffic in Singapore. I'm not sure if the contractor might go bust because of these. Just give them some time for their effort. Unfortunately the jam problem could get worse as the manufacturing and port activities around that area increase. It is a sign of prosperity in that area, just like jams everywhere in Singapore.

i would be more worried if no jams at all during peak hours.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.
Jam means prosperity? Depends on your point of view.

Some prefer more relaxed environment and not to squeeze and jam with other cars. The causeway is enough already.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.

Some prefer more relaxed environment and not to squeeze and jam with other cars. The causeway is enough already.

Confirm. After JB becomes expensive recently, e jam becomes worse. Why ERP is at central part of SG to relieve jam? Because e wealth is concentrated there.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm glad that there is awareness of the traffic situation across the bridge.
I second it whole heartedly

I hope that they will do it. And soon. A lot of developments are happening over there in the next couple of years. They'll need to get it moving pretty soon.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha.

Yup, exactly, I really cannot agree with this pt as well. For those who stayed in tebrau can not definitely agree with this. And they will never agree or enjoy such a "prosperity" as well. In terms propsperity for commercial, no matter Molek. Desa tebrau or mount Austin are not even as prosperous as before.

if one reads the articles and the feedback from residents. Can definitely eliminate such a thought that jam = prosperity. Instead tebrau jam is simply caused by too huge no of residents, tamans, poor road layout etc.

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think instead of focusing on personal thought while one is not in situation.

It is more objective to look at the facts. I hope one who "enjoy" prosperity - jam can still claim the same after realizing what actual north east side residents who are affected currently according to their personal real life experiences.

http://www.chinapress.com.my/node/521791

【今日柔佛頭條】銜接新山東北區地不佬路 任何時刻都塞

報導:吳燕萍
攝影:張來星
 (新山29日訊)新山東北區屋業發展蓬勃,居住人口迅速增長,但主要銜接新山東北區各地的地不佬路卻十年如一日,如今任何時刻都會陷入交通癱瘓,駕駛者怨聲載道。

政府耗鉅資興建的東部疏散大道(EDL),經于2012年4月啟用,旨在疏解新山東北區交通情況。但啟用2年的大道,非但沒讓新山東北區居民脫離塞車之困,連帶百萬鎮居民也被拖累,繁忙時間,百萬鎮兩座大橋總出現車龍。

據《中國報》了解,馬華柔佛再也區前任州議員陳書北在任期間,曾針對新山東北區交通規劃研究。他認為新山東北區主幹公路建設已達飽和狀態,需新建另一條公路,才有望讓該區交通順暢。

陳書北受訪時說,目前至少10個發展商在新山東北區發展屋業,造成該區人口在近幾年來迅速增長,當新山人口激增時,通往新山東北區各地的地不佬路卻20年如一日,未有大改進。

“雖然地不佬路朝往新山方向位于班蘭橋處,正進行擴建道路工程,但該工程未必可一勞永逸解決地不佬路交通飽和問題,最有效的解決方法還是新建道路,分散烏魯地南區與哥打丁宜區車輛。”

陳書北早前多次提呈在新山興建直通道路銜接烏魯地南或哥打丁宜區的建議,相關單位當時也考慮新建道路,然后在上屆全國大選后,再無獲相關單位提起。

陳書北指出,他當時建議從新山峇卡巴都路搭建高架汽車天橋,以穿越百合花園和避蘭東,直通烏魯地南和哥打丁宜區出口,這才有效疏解烏魯地南和哥打丁宜區車輛,解決地不佬路塞車問題。

擴建工程導致塞車

新山百萬鎮或有直通道路至烏魯地南和萬孚新村,促進當地經濟發展。

馬華新山中區市議員陳傳平接受《中國報》訪問時透露,政府計劃新開一條道路,從百萬鎮直通到烏魯地南和萬孚新村,一旦有關計劃確認推行,相信烏魯地南和萬孚新村經濟將隨之起飛。

他認為,地不佬路現階段塞車情況嚴重,主因是該道路靠近班蘭橋處正進行擴建工程,工程進度如常,估計12月完工,需駕駛者暫時忍耐。

“政府一直重視公共設施發展,同時關注道路規劃問題,將盡力協助人民解決問題。”

馬華地不佬區國會議員邱思祥本週二上午,也接獲當地民眾投訴地不佬路大塞車,他將設法了解引發塞車的各種原因,以協助解決問題。

將影響房產銷售

新山東北區屋業發展蓬勃,發展商也擔憂堵車問題不改展,將影響屋業銷售量。

受訪發展商透露,他們每發展一個地區,都必須支持一筆款項給州政府或地方政府,作為基設基金。

他們認為,相關單位如果善用基設基金,應有足夠款項規劃道路,包括解決地不佬路車流量不勝負荷的問題。

“政府要解決問題,最好是新增替代道路,不然就建設從新山直通到烏魯地南區的車道,疏解烏魯地南以下地區的車流量。”

他們也建議政府效仿新加坡,提升公共交通系統,如設立輕快鐵,讓人民乘搭公共交通,減少道路車流量。

發展商也認為,地不佬路有太多紅綠燈,是造成堵車原因之一。

新山東北區居民
週未也塞車
★陳靜軒(26歲,執行員,住奧喬嶺)

地不佬路塞車日益嚴重,現在不僅上下班時間特別塞車,連週末下午三、四時,該路段也會莫名塞車。

某次週末晚上約8時,我驅車到新山,在班蘭橋之前車龍回堵到班蘭立交橋,令我困車龍長達45分鐘,苦不堪言。

我已盡量避免在週末到市區逛街,以免受困車龍,浪費時間。

浪費15分鐘
★周子豪(29歲,市場執行員,住億城鎮)

我每天取道地不佬路到新山市區上班,近期上班時間塞車尤其嚴重,過去半小時可到公司,如今需45分鐘才能抵達公司。

據了解,班蘭橋旁正進行擴建工程,工程阻礙使道路變狹窄,加劇塞車問題。希望州政府正視及盡速解決交通阻塞問題,勿再讓駕駛者受苦。

人口迅速增
★張莉彬(30歲,自雇人士,住烈光鎮)

隨著新幣兌率攀至新高,許多外地人湧入新山居住,到新加坡賺新幣。

發展商看準屋業市場需求,在新山東北區開發不少新住宅區,也造成新山東北區人口迅速增長,車輛數量激增不在話下,現在一個普通家庭,每個家庭成年人都有一輛車,一個家庭平均就有三四輛車。

要解決公路阻塞問題,提升公共交通服務才是良策。

常交通阻塞
★沈潺澤(51歲,商人,住百萬鎮)

我住在百萬鎮已16年,該處本來交通順暢,后來居住人潮日益增加,如今也常遇交通阻塞。

隨著沿海大道啟用,可通往巴西古當工業區,許多重型羅厘都途經百萬鎮路通往工業區,道路變得繁忙。

如果百萬鎮大橋發生車禍,加劇塞車情況,有時塞車一小時都還堵在百萬鎮。

新山東北區屋業發展商
僅一條要道
★拿督張潤安(和麗園董事經理)

新山東北區道路規劃確實不理想,廿多年來,只有地不佬路可從新山貫穿至各花園住宅區,甚至烏魯地南區居民要到新山,只能取道地不佬路。

有效解決方案,是政府提升公共交通系統,如建輕快鐵,同時也達到環保效果。

和麗園發展商為解決住戶面對塞車問題,以積極將該住宅區打造為“城市綜合體”,即在一個社區內擁有辦公樓、學校和休閒中心等,讓居民無需到市區,也能舒適生活。