• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Road contractor faces RM26,805 fine for each day’s delay
Published: Tuesday May 19, 2015 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Tuesday May 19, 2015 MYT 8:00:16 AM

NUSAJAYA: The contractor involved in the road expansion of the Pasir Gudang Highway risks being fined RM26,805 per day if it fails to meet the Sept 30 deadline, says a state exco member.

The project was due to be completed in September and so far, only 70% had been completed, said Johor exco member in charge of public works, rural and regional development Datuk Hasni Mohammad.

“According to the work schedule, at least 80% should have been completed by now,” he told the state assembly yesterday.

He added that imposing the “Liquidated and Ascertained Damages” fine would ensure that the project would be completed on time.

Hasni said the road expansion project – from the current four lanes to six – was delayed due to high traffic volume and other problems.

“The highway sees an average 35,330 road users each day, which makes it difficult to conduct the upgrading works,” he added.

Other delays were due to the relocation of pipes, installing bored piles, structuring works for bridges along the highway as well as drainage and culvert works.

Hasni was replying Liow Cai Tung (DAP-Johor Jaya), who wanted to know about the work status of the highway’s expansion.

Maulizan Bujang (BN-Tiram) asked whether the state government was confident of completing the upgrading project by Sept 30.

Hasni said the Public Works Department had reminded sub-contractors about the work schedule.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nati...actor-faces-RM26805-fine-for-each-days-delay/

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe is ceiling-mounted cassette type or big capacity. but if small horse power, than is ex.:p

btw, i got study one hor.. cassette one looks neat and easy to clean.:biggrin:

Ceiling mounted cassette type takes up a lot of ceiling space. I prefer the wall mounted split type to preserve the ceiling space.

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
extension.jpgextension.jpg
Phase 9D and 9 E estate

Looking at the extensive external renovation works carried out by some of the owners , the estate begin to look “messy and untidy”. While some extend with one extra room in front, some extend behind , some build extra floor upward and some built up high wall with the neighbor, the “harmonium” of this estate is gone. There was legal case between neighbors over the partition between their houses. Some were unhappy over the high partition that blocked their view. The developer should have provide some guide lines on the renovation.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a layman, that extension doesn't look like it will hold. The original area was a parapet which was not designed to hold weight. And yes, the whole area will look very messy typical of msia landed houses. The neighbour must be pissed.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whether messy or not, lets judge after the renovation is completed. The owner fully utilise the land he bought. Legally, he is not wrong. If you wanted standardization, strata titled landed property should be your choice. Of course you need to pay extra RM100K and high monthly maintenance fee.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The car porch shelter does not seem to be able to take the load. It does look a bit odd. Luckily that extended unit is not my immediate neighbour, else my side view will be blocked. I have seen my immediate neighbours and they seem quite nice and peaceful.

desaphase9e

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, I am so happy my renovation completed n my contractor done a great job.

Yes, I notice the semi d and bungalow houses in the phase 12 of the same estate didn't do much change to the facade, the whole environment looks more pleasing.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought there's supposed to be a Deed of mutual covenance that's supposed to be signed by all parties controlling such acts?

I agree that it's a bit inconsiderate. I wouldn't like to stay in such an estate. You never know after a few years you could be living next to a temple.
It'll bring the entire value of your house down.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thought there's supposed to be a Deed of mutual covenance that's supposed to be signed by all parties controlling such acts?

I agree that it's a bit inconsiderate. I wouldn't like to stay in such an estate. You never know after a few years you could be living next to a temple.
It'll bring the entire value of your house down.

It's the same, probably worse for SG landed with all the massive A&A. Just have to get used to it. No worries for me though.....

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same, probably worse for SG landed with all the massive A&A. Just have to get used to it. No worries for me though.....

In many older SG landed estates, it is very common to see new 4 storey buildings of unique designs towering over and dwarfing over neighbouring old 1 or 2 storey houses.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Haha yup good point. Think I'll air con my whole house . put a pool table in one of the rooms too. U guys can come shoot some pool, that's life.

I don't play pool. But if u have a swimming pool with bikini girls I will be there!!

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precinct 12

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    340.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 242
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 238
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 248

Teckwhyefolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
visited my friend over the weekend who has just completed the reno works recently for his phase 9E unit. On my way out to the main gate I had to drove in a zigzag maner to avoid going over the rublish that was littred on the road by the reno contractors. Just wonder why they wastnt any proper management of this waste instead just dump on the road side. For my estate manage by Setia, if this situation happended, the owner will have its RM 2000 deposit forfeited.
desarublish2.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is actually an interim management committee formed by the residents. It seems that they are not working.