• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your opinion on houses at BDO compare to Desa Tebrau? My agent told me he can get me a unit at BDO at neighbourhood 12. I like Desa Tebrau house but the bumi release is too expensive for me.

Desa Tebrau is really selling location. Quality of house is so so.

BDO is a new development, so amenities will take 5-10 years to be more established. It is difficult to verify quality now since I have seen any show flat there.

I think Mount Austin side subsales around $600k looks pretty good if u dun mind pylons.

Not advisable to buy for investment now, although I expect price appreciation to be in line with inflation rate. If not in hurry for a house but need one to stay later, it is good to book one that will only VP about 2 years later.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is your opinion on houses at BDO compare to Desa Tebrau? My agent told me he can get me a unit at BDO at neighbourhood 12. I like Desa Tebrau house but the bumi release is too expensive for me.

well, one thing is BDO you cannot find ....:smile: :smile: ....(food of a porcine kind).. to eat. perhaps you can scout around the areas to see which location you personally prefer.

desa tebrau location is better in that northern growth corridor. a lot of local chinese have made their homes there.

be careful of bumi release as shared by some forummer here already in an article link.

if you don't mind , can go for subsales. some are good buy with basic renovations thrown in already (kitchen cab, light, aircon, grill and so on).

also do check out taman Gaya to see if there're any units for sale there. you may be able to find a more affordable unit there.
good luck.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Desa Tebrau is really selling location. Quality of house is so so.

BDO is a new development, so amenities will take 5-10 years to be more established. It is difficult to verify quality now since I have seen any show flat there.

I think Mount Austin side subsales around $600k looks pretty good if u dun mind pylons.

Not advisable to buy for investment now, although I expect price appreciation to be in line with inflation rate. If not in hurry for a house but need one to stay later, it is good to book one that will only VP about 2 years later.

BDO show house quality is also so-so (meaning OK la for jb). Austin residence subsale at sub 600k price, if with some reno thrown in, is good for that location, although the surrounding factory and HTC does take the shine of it somewhat. quality seems ok from what my friend says.

btw, disclaimer due: my friend is not selling his house.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks so much guys for the info. Is it a good buy for BDO house 22x70 for RM570K, built up around 2100 sqft? I went to the show room there P12, seems nice for acerola 1 & 2 type. Infact my budget only RM550K. Seri Austin Jade 2 now also more than RM600K. Subsale at right now at my budget is only for 20x70 units at Seri Austin, BDO and Setia Tropika (same area).

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks so much guys for the info. Is it a good buy for BDO house 22x70 for RM570K, built up around 2100 sqft? I went to the show room there P12, seems nice for acerola 1 & 2 type. Infact my budget only RM550K. Seri Austin Jade 2 now also more than RM600K. Subsale at right now at my budget is only for 20x70 units at Seri Austin, BDO and Setia Tropika (same area).

Seller has to pay levy for selling e bdo house right...? :o
Seller tan bo eng, do yr math..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

The most affordable and convenient subsales around $5xxk should be the recently VP Austin Residence. BDO newer phases are quite deep inside, so I expect the arterial roads to be fully jammed up during peak hours when the entire area with SA/BDO/SEC/Eco/ getting VP in 1-3 years' time. On a side note, compare to 1 year ago, I find new launches/subsales below $600k RM a lot lesser in propertyguru. So prices for these middle-class houses are indeed still holding strong or moving up .

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
The most affordable and convenient subsales around $5xxk should be the recently VP Austin Residence. BDO newer phases are quite deep inside, so I expect the arterial roads to be fully jammed up during peak hours when the entire area with SA/BDO/SEC/Eco/ getting VP in 1-3 years' time. On a side note, compare to 1 year ago, I find new launches/subsales below $600k RM a lot lesser in propertyguru. So prices for these middle-class houses are indeed still holding strong or moving up .

Tot oredi jammed during peak hrs.:biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tot oredi jammed during peak hrs.:biggrin:

the main road jln mutiara emas utama that passes by from tebrau highway toward austin height is quite jammed . but jam shows there is big population there. so house nearby should be a safer investment.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

all 3 are ok, butjust to note in case you didn't know, those target of yours those place mainly only halal food can be found :p
anyway, out of the three i will chose seri austin (i think it's lakeville, right?) , reason is closest to amenities near setia indah commercial centre where got wet market and also lots of shops.
other options you didn't mention are setia indah (about 5-10 year old house), taman JP perdana (new precinct called "LA Garden"). the LA garden house is cheap and from the pictures quality seem ok, except small plot size of 18x65 .
best buy for 5xx K is as fhbh12 say: austin residence brand new 2 storey house. next to austin height and desa tebrau. everything is within reach easily.

Last edited:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

In my opinion, if the price is not different significantly, get the bigger unit 22 x 70. The price of the houses you mention (Seri Austin, BDO & ST) is very nearby. Those at Seri Austin and Setia Tropika are old houses...... i mean the 20x70 one. Is not a bad investment if you buy BDO now because that place is booming soon. Also is the nearest to the highway....which you will experience lesser jam. Austin Residence is a good too but for me, i dont like HTC and not forgetting the huge telecom wireless transmitter..... that is double effect.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks guys for the useful advise. I just went to LA garden with my wife today to look at one unit from my agent. The house quality seems good. However, i think a bit too small for RM550K (i think can further nego to RM520K). Location wise a bit inside. As Austin residence, we look at two unit, the double storey and the single storey. Double storey house seems nice. I like the balcony but it is true that HTC is clearly visible. Single storey is selling around RM400K but the quality of the house is quite bad. I wonder why both type of house build by same developer but in quality wise, really big different. One thing that i found out is that the warranty of the house will deem void if original owner sell to new buyer! This is something that i must be careful if buy subsales new house. This weekend going back to tebrau again before finalising our decision.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks guys for the useful advise. I just went to LA garden with my wife today to look at one unit from my agent. The house quality seems good. However, i think a bit too small for RM550K (i think can further nego to RM520K). Location wise a bit inside. As Austin residence, we look at two unit, the double storey and the single storey. Double storey house seems nice. I like the balcony but it is true that HTC is clearly visible. Single storey is selling around RM400K but the quality of the house is quite bad. I wonder why both type of house build by same developer but in quality wise, really big different. One thing that i found out is that the warranty of the housewill deem void if original owner sell to new buyer! This is something that i must be careful if buy subsales new house. This weekend going back to tebrau again before finalising our decision.

U can always put one of e purchase conditions as original owner must help u send defects for rectification while u wait for e legal processing of ur purchase.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
U can always put one of e purchase conditions as original owner must help u send defects for rectification while u wait for e legal processing of ur purchase.

Yes, we did think of that too. The agent did mention that we can get all defect rectified first but that is only the seen defect during purchase. How about other defects that happen later such as roof leaking, piping issues, electrical and wiring matters that we may encounter later? The risk is too high and we opt not to take it. I think only Erawish the developer of Austin Residence have this clause in their agreement with buyer. Not sure if other developer have such clause. Luckily i have called the developer personally to confirm this.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
asus,
I think erawish is quite a new developer, my impression is that they are a no frills developer selling no frills house. but in the end i thought the DST were quite ok, the design was also reasonably modern. i'm surprised the defect warranty only covers the original buyer - that is a bit silly. however the price of the house is very reasonable. the 22x70 were only selling for 520k last year, a good price.
LA garden location is so-so only, and the environment isn't that good - note the open bare land in front of it, with rubbish being dumped along the side of it. but at least it is closer to existing amenities like the wet market & commercial shops in setia indah. in case you didn't know, it is just 3 km from austin heights commercial area via the back road. asking 550k for la garden? IIRC last year only selling 400++k. I think if you want can nego down to 500 or less. the house is a bit narrow but quality is decent.
try to see if can get seri austin emery , also new DST, quite nice, on top of a hill, and facing the semi D precinct. late last year i remember some were advertising 550k only. maybe can still get around that price if you look hard enough.

anyway as you can see 550k can't get you a very nice new DST these days.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, we did think of that too. The agent did mention that we can get all defect rectified first but that is only the seen defect during purchase. How about other defects that happen later such as roof leaking, piping issues, electrical and wiring matters that we may encounter later? The risk is too high and we opt not to take it. I think only Erawish the developer of Austin Residence have this clause in their agreement with buyer. Not sure if other developer have such clause. Luckily i have called the developer personally to confirm this.

Most serious is roof/windows/bathroom leak. The rest are really minor n can be fixed quickly with a few k RM.

AsusGuy

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
asus,
I think erawish is quite a new developer, my impression is that they are a no frills developer selling no frills house. but in the end i thought the DST were quite ok, the design was also reasonably modern. i'm surprised the defect warranty only covers the original buyer - that is a bit silly. however the price of the house is very reasonable. the 22x70 were only selling for 520k last year, a good price.
LA garden location is so-so only, and the environment isn't that good - note the open bare land in front of it, with rubbish being dumped along the side of it. but at least it is closer to existing amenities like the wet market & commercial shops in setia indah. in case you didn't know, it is just 3 km from austin heights commercial area via the back road. asking 550k for la garden? IIRC last year only selling 400++k. I think if you want can nego down to 500 or less. the house is a bit narrow but quality is decent.
try to see if can get seri austin emery , also new DST, quite nice, on top of a hill, and facing the semi D precinct. late last year i remember advertising 550k only. maybe can still get around that price if you look hard enough.

anyway as you can see 550k can't get you a very nice new DST these days.

Thanks for your advise malpaso. I will check it out Seri Austin and BDO again. No doubt Austin Residence DST house design is nice. Is 20x70 but my wife too kiasu to buy due to the warranty clause. I feel the same way as you on LA garden. The environment not so nice. My agent did ask me to look around other places but i insist wanted to scan through only tebrau area.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your advise malpaso. I will check it out Seri Austin and BDO again. No doubt Austin Residence DST house design is nice. Is 20x70 but my wife too kiasu to buy due to the warranty clause. I feel the same way as you on LA garden. The environment not so nice. My agent did ask me to look around other places but i insist wanted to scan through only tebrau area.

the dealbreaker for austin residence for me is actually the HTC and the factory area just nearby, plus the row of shops in front of it's entrance (those are austin perdana shops) appear abandoned. personally i think the warranty issue is not so big a deal. as fhbh12 said, minor problems can be fixed without too much burden and one would already have saved quite a lot on the price of the house since it is the most value for money new house for that location.

about seri austin newly VP DST, the precinct is emery. early this year there were tons of ads on iprop and many asking below 600k. but now seems like the stock already taken up. saw only a few ads left and asking >600k. but can try to bargain down lower.

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propert...stin-emery-2-2-sty-terrace-link-house-forsale

Last edited: