• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah I rem it starts from ard RM 1.5m. Not bad lah, and near to Johor Jaya (for food & marketing) and Jusco Tebrau.

The quality looks very good as compared with Setia Cascadian, which costs a lot more higher, if I remember correctly is ard RM1.6m yet smaller. Talking about Johor Jaya, went there last week bought some local durian RM60 for 10 kg, cheap and good.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update !

Does anyone knows about the Precinct 12 at Taman Desa Terbrau ? I understand Plenitude has launched the Type A and B as well as C, how is the price like ? Is it worth buying ? Heard from my friend the 2.5 / 3 storey semi-D costs around RM1.5mil ... Saw this on YouTube which looks very impressive :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQyuE2wAPy8

The ID and furnishing alone might cost $400k+ RM of course very nice. Latest prices for Type A, B and C are unknown as bumi lots are not released yet. I prefer the bumi-release due to proximity to the amenities and lower cost.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The quality looks very good as compared with Setia Cascadian, which costs a lot more higher, if I remember correctly is ard RM1.6m yet smaller. Talking about Johor Jaya, went there last week bought some local durian RM60 for 10 kg, cheap and good.

Yah I think the project is not bad. 3 storey some more. My in-laws prefer nearer to checkpoint, but I think it's gd enuff at that price point. Johor Jaya roasted meat & 'The Toast' coffee/tea is also v gd......haha

cslong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Non G&G is more dangerous. I cannot imagine criminals loitering just outside my unit.

Johor jaya is quite a mature area. Really not sure of the security there. This price is the same as the single storey taman pelangi indah new launch half a year ago but with GnG.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah I think the project is not bad. 3 storey some more. My in-laws prefer nearer to checkpoint, but I think it's gd enuff at that price point. Johor Jaya roasted meat & 'The Toast' coffee/tea is also v gd......haha

From causeway to this location, traffic quite ok go up the highway and takes 15mins to reach. Tesco + Aeon is within reached. Heard bumi lots are difficult to get once release. Type A Semi-D almost sold out I think. But now people are anxious about the VEP (Vehicle Entry Permit) http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysia-to-charge/1267590.html

If it is really RM100 suggested (ard SGD40) ... then it will be a hit for regulars to travel up to JB. sigh ....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
From causeway to this location, traffic quite ok go up the highway and takes 15mins to reach. Tesco + Aeon is within reached. Heard bumi lots are difficult to get once release. Type A Semi-D almost sold out I think. But now people are anxious about the VEP (Vehicle Entry Permit) http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysia-to-charge/1267590.html

If it is really RM100 suggested (ard SGD40) ... then it will be a hit for regulars to travel up to JB. sigh ....

Yes I think the location's fine. I am v familiar with the area, and its distance to SG. Haha....... I think it's quite a gd buy overall, esp when Ikea Tebrau is built in a few years time.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes I think the location's fine. I am v familiar with the area, and its distance to SG. Haha....... I think it's quite a gd buy overall, esp when Ikea Tebrau is built in a few years time.

About IKEA Tebrau, although there has been talk for years, but still no action, no exact date of when they will start hitting the first nail. IMHO, my good feeling goes with Tebrau as compare to bukit indah ... not sure why :p

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
About IKEA Tebrau, although there has been talk for years, but still no action, no exact date of when they will start hitting the first nail. IMHO, my good feeling goes with Tebrau as compare to bukit indah ... not sure why :p

Bukit Indah seems more expensive by comparison. Possibly Tebrau also has more hot local chicks, or rather, more old cows around.

No news on IKEA yet after the extensive soil testing in March this year. But I don't think they were doing it for fun. Let's hope for an announcement in the next few months.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

you should be the go-to guy for IKEA news.. any latest info on timeframe for ikea tebrau?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bukit Indah seems more expensive by comparison. Possibly Tebrau also has more hot local chicks, or rather, more old cows around.

No news on IKEA yet after the extensive soil testing in March this year. But I don't think they were doing it for fun. Let's hope for an announcement in the next few months.

BI side got better looking women.
as for the soil testing, it could be another company planning to buy the plot.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
BI side got better looking women.
as for the soil testing, it could be another company planning to buy the plot.

You could be right abt e plot sale. But usually such sale of land doesnt involve soil testing by e seller, even in SG. I would be much happier if it is sold for education, medical or finance center development. IKEA is good but a bit redundant when there are so many good funiture shops around.

29lakopi

Alfrescian
Loyal
you should be the go-to guy for IKEA news.. any latest info on timeframe for ikea tebrau?

Negative. But since the plot of land was sold to IKEA by Plenitude, they are not able to sell to third party but solely for own development, or else they will have to sell it back to Plenitude ! Not really sure what causing them to hold on with their development for so long. A quite recap below :

On 20th July ’07, Plenitude sold its 36.94 acres of land in its Taman Desa Tebrau township to the Ikano Group for a total cash consideration of RM64.4m (RM40psf) with plans for the latter to develop its popular IKEA mall

And another recap which announced on 27 Feb 2009 but never happened :

The upcoming monorail connecting Aeon Tebrau to the Johor Bahru Central Business District. This will be a boon and an excitement to the township’s population especially the working professionals who commute frequently to and fro the Johor Bahru Central Business District (CBD) and Singapore. Nonetheless, we are unsure when will this Monorail . The upcoming IKEA retail mall. Expected to be operational by year 2009/10, the retail IKEA is expected to have a total built-up area of 280,000 sq ft (IKEA Damansara in KL has an estimated built-up area of 344,445 sq ft). This again marks the third entry of another long-term
prominent investor into the Tebrau City.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You could be right abt e plot sale. But usually such sale of land doesnt involve soil testing by e seller, even in SG. I would be much happier if it is sold for education, medical or finance center development. IKEA is good but a bit redundant when there are so many good funiture shops around.

yes, more of those would be good. IKEA also good. waiting aeon big @ BDO announcement too!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Negative. But since the plot of land was sold to IKEA by Plenitude, they are not able to sell to third party but solely for own development, or else they will have to sell it back to Plenitude ! Not really sure what causing them to hold on with their development for so long. A quite recap below :

On 20th July ’07, Plenitude sold its 36.94 acres of land in its Taman Desa Tebrau township to the Ikano Group for a total cash consideration of RM64.4m (RM40psf) with plans for the latter to develop its popular IKEA mall

And another recap which announced on 27 Feb 2009 but never happened :

The upcoming monorail connecting Aeon Tebrau to the Johor Bahru Central Business District. This will be a boon and an excitement to the township’s population especially the working professionals who commute frequently to and fro the Johor Bahru Central Business District (CBD) and Singapore. Nonetheless, we are unsure when will this Monorail . The upcoming IKEA retail mall. Expected to be operational by year 2009/10, the retail IKEA is expected to have a total built-up area of 280,000 sq ft (IKEA Damansara in KL has an estimated built-up area of 344,445 sq ft). This again marks the third entry of another long-term
prominent investor into the Tebrau City.

seem like no go already after so long... :(

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guarded and green industrial park
By Laura Lee
Friday, 18 Jul 2014, 12:01 AM

WB Land’s RM600 mil Frontier Industrial Park (FIP), in the central region of Iskandar Malaysia, is poised to benefit from Johor’s core economic driver -- manufacturing constitutes its main engine of growth.

Spread across 55ha (136 acres) of freehold land in Desa Cemerlang, Ulu Tiram, Johor, FIP will be developed in three phases and is expected to be fully completed by July 2018.

Singapore generally accounts for 40% of investments in Iskandar; 10% is by countries such as Australia, China, Japan, the UK and the US; the remaining 50% is from locals, including permanent residents, purchasing largely for owner-occupation.

As of April, Iskandar is said to have attracted RM139 bil in investment since 2006 and is on track to achieve its investment target of RM383 bil by 2025.

FIP head of sales and marketing Kevin Woon, 28, views its proximity to Singapore as an Iskandar pull factor, which has resulted in many firms’ relocating to Johor due to reasons such as lower costs for land, labour and operations related to utilities and the like.

Aside from the low risk involved, these firms relocate to Johor to be closer to their supply sources.

- See more at: http://www.focusmalaysia.my/Assets/Guarded-and-green-industrial-park#sthash.t78rK85S.dpuf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
More industrial parks nearby to provide job opportunities :smile:

I'm getting sick of malls and residential developments :rolleyes: