• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Setia Eco Garden has a superb workmanship. 2 of my bosses collected the keys. we can't find any defects.
It has 3 layers of security guards which really impress me. the maintenance is RM240.

good to hear setia quality is high. your boss houses are which type? terrace, cluster, semid or banglo? i believe the more expensive the house, they take more care on consturction (dunno how true.)

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
How much is e maint in KL huh?

for landed g&g strata titled like desa park city i heard it's quite expensive, exact figure not so sure, maybe 400-500RM for terrace (called "garden home" or "park homes" .. buildup 20xx sft). for condo those higher quality one is 20-40sen psf. a lot depend on the density. some condo with low density (approx 35 units per acre) in near PJ/KL good location i have seen 50 sen per sft (500rm for 1000sft condo!).

for those "own self formed" guard with boom gate 100+ nia and not everyone want to pay.

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to hear setia quality is high. your boss houses are which type? terrace, cluster, semid or banglo? i believe the more expensive the house, they take more care on consturction (dunno how true.)

The single and 1.5 storey terrace workmanship and material used are very poor. The double storey terrace is much better.So far, the semi-D is the best, very strict qc.
After Tan Sri Liew left, can Setia still maintain no 1? I think it is difficult. Heard that it starts to build low cost flat housing.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ave normal gng taman?

veri diff q to ans bro.. becos what is termed as "ave, normal"?

a lot of taman in pj were old taman, then the residents band together and set up their own security fence etc. are those called gng? got gate, got guard. 100-200RM per house.
but then there are those high end one. around my folks area the first was sierramas near kepong.. then came desa park city, sunway SPK. those are more than 500RM per house. nadia @ DPC one time heard is 500RM but now could be increased already. but they are very very nice taman with facilities and quite high class.
nowsaday there are more g&g but it take time to build so many g*g. also i don't have so much data to give an average price. for eg those new g*g in kajang & rawang maybe maintenace is lower since out of town. setia alam in shah alam IIRC is about 150RM oni. so actually if 240rm for SEG is consider ok price. i also remmb setia eco prk in shah alam the maint fee is SA told me 300RM p/m , and thoe are all big house semidee. IMO, maint fee charge depend on many thing, location, type of customer, type of house& scheme. so far it seem that if the scheme is strata title scheme the maint fee seem higher . and those g*g further away from kl/pj centre also seem cheaper..

here is one article for reference.
http://www.theedgemalaysia.com/insi...vesting-in-a-gated-and-guarded-community.html

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope! :p
i know u want ez answer right? avg 200-300RM .. kekeke. btw my collegue have house in pulai perdana 2 mah sing project.. got pool , clubhoue, gym. oni 136rm/pm.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The single and 1.5 storey terrace workmanship and material used are very poor. The double storey terrace is much better.So far, the semi-D is the best, very strict qc.
After Tan Sri Liew left, can Setia still maintain no 1? I think it is difficult. Heard that it starts to build low cost flat housing.

ya i heard about the 1 storey house quality. hopefully the DST will be good esp the more ex ones. according to my sources tan sri say how setia move forward depend on how PNB structuring the business, if they want to do properly, they can do it. btw all devlpoer build low cost flat la. even EW got plan for low cost flat. it's their obligation towards community building.

Vohkster

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ya i heard about the 1 storey house quality. hopefully the DST will be good esp the more ex ones. according to my sources tan sri say how setia move forward depend on how PNB structuring the business, if they want to do properly, they can do it. btw all devlpoer build low cost flat la. even EW got plan for low cost flat. it's their obligation towards community building.

Bro u are right. How developers circumvent this rule is to build the low cost near undesirable stuff like high tension wire or ozidization or sewage ponds. Suddenly they don't need to build the low cost buildings because demand was never met n developer got excuse NOT to build the low cost housing.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro u are right. How developers circumvent this rule is to build the low cost near undesirable stuff like high tension wire or ozidization or sewage ponds. Suddenly they don't need to build the low cost buildings because demand was never met n developer got excuse NOT to build the low cost housing.

another thing i notice is some low cost flat, nobody stay even. like in setia indah next to the petronas there. looks like empty only.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
another thing i notice is some low cost flat, nobody stay even. like in setia indah next to the petronas there. looks like empty only.

There are several new residential blocks beside EDL about 5 min drive after exiting the custom. They seem to be empty for at least 1 year already. Any idea what these flats are supposed to be built for?

Teckwhyefolk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove arround Terbrau area last nigh just to look see look see, drove pass this estate and found there are many unit in white fence up wall still not occupied even with its trees growthing healthily . Any one know if these houses have been sold ? or for any reason not being occupied ? The estate look like a low cost housing mean for local and bumi ? The housing unit at the near by Austin hill look more "strong and sturdy" in design. Any one know if there are unit availble in austin hill areas ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Low cost housing got fence?

Maybe it is phase 9d/e. Keys shd have been just handed over to 9d.

Bumi lots r not released yet.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drove arround Terbrau area last nigh just to look see look see, drove pass this estate and found there are many unit in white fence up wall still not occupied even with its trees growthing healthily . Any one know if these houses have been sold ? or for any reason not being occupied ? The estate look like a low cost housing mean for local and bumi ? The housing unit at the near by Austin hill look more "strong and sturdy" in design. Any one know if there are unit availble in austin hill areas ?

white fence up wall should be phase 9 d/e f. they are medium to high end house. Desa Tebrau is a middle class mainly chinese neighbourhood with selling point being proximity to jusco and tesco, and the tebrau "highway". the whole development is a mix wth only a few low cost apartment precinct (at the northern side bordering taman gaya). the rest of the whole taman is mid to high end. furthermore it is close to austin height area, with more shops, makan, golf course, coming water theme park, and a hospital is also nearby. the developer plenitude was also responsible for some very popular development in KL (sri hartamas).

Austin Hill houses are newer but location is a bit further out. the developer is UMLand. most houses designed are structurally the same. so not sure what you mean by "looks more strong and sturdy". plenitude quality and UMLand quality are both OK, both are established developers with long track record. buy the environment that you like. those who go for DT go for proximity to shops and amenities. Austin hill currently lacking in commercial, so it is more serene and quiet environemtn, which is it's own selling point to some. also the design of some of their house (like pearl) is nice and large, emphasizing livability for families of 4-5 persons, and UMland has put in effort in landscaping, built some "smoke free" town parks, retention ponds , bicycle lanes and so on.

As for pricing, both plenitude and UMland have priced their houses in tebrau area competitively.

Good luck and have fun shopping.

Last edited: