• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Desa Tebrau

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau tesco food court still selling below rm2 ice Milo. If not wrong. Im not baby, dun drink milo.:p Ah bang fried popia 4 for rm1. Quite a steal.:biggrin:

Tebrau seems cheaper than Bukit Indah. But now I have no time to go up and enjoy RM $2 ice milo. I can only drink SGD $2.30 dinosaur milo in Singapore. Looking at my renovation list now. Developer didn't give many items :mad: I'm sourcing for price of alarm system (with hacking to conceal wires) for budgeting purpose. Do you know?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tebrau seems cheaper than Bukit Indah. But now I have no time to go up and enjoy RM $2 ice milo. I can only drink SGD $2.30 dinosaur milo in Singapore. Looking at my renovation list now. Developer didn't give many items :mad: I'm sourcing for price of alarm system (with hacking to conceal wires) for budgeting purpose. Do you know?

it is not "seems". it is 100% confirmed cheaper got more locals @tebrau , mah.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just found one. About $2k RM with concealing of wires.

brand pls? how does it work? people open your door /window siren will sound? got sms your phone or not? any subscription (monthly ) charges etc. include a feature to alert "command center" personnel?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
brand pls? how does it work? people open your door /window siren will sound? got sms your phone or not? any subscription (monthly ) charges etc. include a feature to alert "command center" personnel?

It is a very basic alarm system with about 6-8 zones control. No monthly subscription. I just emailed the vendor to ask for actual quote, including connection to a land line. I think $2k RM should have a basic one with conceal wiring, including to the land line. The rough specs are below:

Main door (sliding sensor)
Living room glass sliding doors (sliding sensor)
Kitchen grill (shock sensor)
Toilet windows x 4 (shock sensors)
Bedroom window x 4 (shock sensors)

Inclusive of a control panel at the living room and another one at the master bedroom, and cost of linking a conceal wiring to the living room telephone socket (assuming the central control unit is installed in the store below the staircase).

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is a very basic alarm system with about 6-8 zones control. No monthly subscription. I just emailed the vendor to ask for actual quote, including connection to a land line. I think $2k RM should have a basic one with conceal wiring, including to the land line. The rough specs are below:

Main door (sliding sensor)
Living room glass sliding doors (sliding sensor)
Kitchen grill (shock sensor)
Toilet windows x 4 (shock sensors)
Bedroom window x 4 (shock sensors)

Inclusive of a control panel at the living room and another one at the master bedroom, and cost of linking a conceal wiring to the living room telephone socket (assuming the central control unit is installed in the store below the staircase).

thanks..! does these systems come with a backup battery? otherwise once power cut, system down?

Last edited:

ykurtkromer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was again at the site looking at the progress this morning. I found that works on those on the right hand side of the guard house (phase 9D /E)have some how haulted. The tarmac works were done halfway and stopped for some times for unknown reason . Appear like the developer wants to delay the completion work on this two phases.

The road name for the main street has been up -- Jalan Harmonium 30 , 81100 Johor Bahru

30Harmonium_3.JPG30Harmonium_1.JPG

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can see my house in ur first photo :biggrin:

Maybe developer pulls e workers out to touch up left side defects to get ready for handover in May.

As long as e roof is up, no water gets in I'm fine with delay of completion.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
jam == got people staying in the area. got shops. can find char siew siew yoke fan. :smile:

Definitely there will be great food there but first I might vomit a lot of blood in e jam. I guess those who dont need to travel daily to Singapore will like such areas.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
uhhhh... bro. you bought a house there.

Din expect e population n jam to increase so fast :p. In fact 2nd link jam caught me off guard too. But I like e jams provided I'm not in one :biggrin:

Property prices will have good potential but infrastructure must be improved for further big gains. RTS will make a big positive impact on Tebrau. From e SG Land Use Plan 2013, it is a sure go ahead. Just wait for e announcement.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Din expect e population n jam to increase so fast :p. In fact 2nd link jam caught me off guard too. But I like e jams provided I'm not in one :biggrin:

Property prices will have good potential but infrastructure must be improved for further big gains. RTS will make a big positive impact on Tebrau. From e SG Land Use Plan 2013, it is a sure go ahead. Just wait for e announcement.

thought of running over to jb pump petrol buy ciggarette. but damn! still jam at 3am in the morning.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
thought of running over to jb pump petrol buy ciggarette. but damn! still jam at 3am in the morning.

Jam is good. It prevents you from getting hold of cigarettes for smoking, which is bad for health. Not that I B.S. you, below are the health warnings from CDC. If you want to enjoy a healthy and stress-free retirement at SEC, good to quit smoking now.

Health Effects of Cigarette Smoking
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jam is good. It prevents you from getting hold of cigarettes for smoking, which is bad for health. Not that I B.S. you, below are the health warnings from CDC. If you want to enjoy a healthy and stress-free retirement at SEC, good to quit smoking now.

Health Effects of Cigarette Smoking
http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/health_effects/effects_cig_smoking/

just popped over lunch ..
btw, only slight jam going over, sgp side coming back no jam for now :biggrin:

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal

not necessary, jam can be a series factor for ppl to reconsider even vesting on such area property, in fact it turns ppl off.

The travel time to work to town to other area will definitely kill the interest for all. Tebrau can safely say 90 or more percentage are local ppl only who worked in JB alone or in sg. At this rate, situation it just simply get worse and worse. Most locals are considering buying houses in tebrau mainly due to price is relatively lower.

Tebrau itself when comes to commercial development, it is way behind skudai area, what tebrau has now is only huge congested no of residents and vechicles. Jam there does not mean prosperity. But simply the result of poor layout planning and huge no of ppl.without self experience on the actual situation, one cannot even make any objective judgment on the situation.

Waze is a good tool to tell the congested areas during peak or off peak hour.

Facebook JB road situation page can objectively tells the situation too based on the actual jam situation.

On a off peak day of sat, an area can jam from afternoon (2 to 3pm) to night time (9 to 10pm), it has already shown the bad situation there not to mention about the peak day.

Anyway, time will tell whether it is really a "push" factor for tebrau and individual's foresight.

Last edited: