• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Demolish Oxley Road when I die! - dying LKY told Shit Times

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please read between the lines. What old bastard actually meant is to preserved it as a sort of memorial or museum in his memory.

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you think LKY has buried some treasure in his backyard like the legendary Marcos gold:confused: :biggrin:

Bros, don't be fooled. Oxley rise house has a lot of skeletons in the closet. When he said to demolish the house is hinting to destroy evidences of his wrong doings after he dies!!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drove past his house once, the Gurkhas stare at you, your car plate. I think if drive past few more times, they sure send my car plate to intelligence check all my background whether I am terrorist. and then opposite his house got 1 house doing A&A. Lucky neighbour, One thing you stay in this neighbourhood is you have free security. :p

That is very true- free security. But when making out, make sure not too loud otherwise you may get evicted. Privacy loss too. Can't suka suka invite friends over play mahjong and drink Cordon Bleu. Must behave like a saint being his neighbour.

KillthePigs

http://news.google.com/

MM's house: 'When I'm dead, demolish it'
Straits Times - Elgin Toh - ‎4 hours ago‎
IN ITS basement, some of the most important discussions on the future of Singapore were held in the 1950s. Now, the question is: Will the house at 38, Oxley Road survive its famous owner, Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew?

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_626693.html
Singapore
Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
Jan 21, 2011
Should MM Lee Kuan Yew's house be conserved? Take our poll.
By Elgin Toh
'Lee Kuan Yew: Hard Truths to Keep Singapore Going' will be available at leading bookstores for $39.90 (including GST) from Jan 21, 2011. Copies may also be ordered from [email protected] or from 6319-8347 (May) and 6319-8341 (Jasmine). The book can also be purchased online from the Straits Times Press Online Bookstore: www.stpressbooks.com.sg from Jan 22.
-- ST FILE PHOTO

IN ITS basement, some of the most important discussions on the future of Singapore were held in the 1950s. But if Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew has his way, the house at 38 Oxley Road will not survive his passing.

'I've told the Cabinet, when I'm dead, demolish it,' said MM Lee in an interview for the book Hard Truths, which will be launched on Friday, 21 Jan.

Mr Lee told journalists from The Straits Times it would cost too much to conserve and maintain the house. Already, there are cracks on the wall, although the pillars are sound. 'I don't think my daughter or my wife or I, who lived in it, or my sons who grew up in it, will bemoan its loss. They have old photos to remind them of the past,' said MM Lee.

So far, opinions are divided. Mr Tan Szue Hann, architecture editor of Singapore Architect magazine, said the house should be conserved as 'it hosted meetings that shaped the Singapore that the world has come to recognise and admire.'

But Mr Ho Weng Hin, partner of architectural conservation consultancy Studio Lapis, said the owner's preference is important. 'Some owners may not want their private space intruded upon,' he said.

Mr Ong Keng Yong, director of the Institute of Policy Studies, noted: 'The only way to find out (whether the public attaches significance to the house) is to ask the people of Singapore, possibly through a poll. If they think it should be conserved, the government of the day should bear the cost of maintaining it.'

What do you think?

Why should one be bothered whether the house be demolished or not, after his death? Should not this be left to the State to decide? Are there too many dark secrets hidden behind the walls and basement of 38 Oxley Road that even the cunning old man has forgotten where they are? That he does not wish the next tenants or anyone else to discover? Hmmmm....very suspicious!!!!