• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

debbie gibson - lost in your eyes

singham

Alfrescian
Loyal
very nice song indeed...:o

CHORUS:

"I don't mind not knowing what I'm headed for
You can take me to the skies...
Oh it's like being lost in heaven
When I'm lost in your nose"

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, I really couldn't name a song I liked which was composed after year 2000. cannot think of a single title.
maybe someone can suggest some good songs written recently or after year 2000.

如果没有你 (Rúguŏ Méiyŏu Nĭ, "Without You") by Karen Mok. Great song to listen to when pining for first love.

没那么简单 by Tiger Huang. Great song to listen when wondering about why one get married in the first place

and many others.

Having said that, I do think that more gems in oldies.

jw5

Loyal
如果没有你 (Rúguŏ Méiyŏu Nĭ, "Without You") by Karen Mok. Great song to listen to when pining for first love.

没那么简单 by Tiger Huang. Great song to listen when wondering about why one get married in the first place

and many others.

Having said that, I do think that more gems in oldies.

Ok, have to agree about Chinese songs. There have been some recent songs which are very good.
English I still can't think of any.

Please have a look at some of my favourite chinese songs in the attached thread, in particular post#125 - song by Karen Mok. :p

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?119368-Some-Of-My-Favourite-Chinese-Songs

jw5

Loyal
ok guys, u all dun laugh hor. one of my favorite is the 50s and 60s. was listening to a song call frankie by connie francis amd another one call moody river by pat boone. think the songs very original and very pure. also donno how to describe. think not much post-production during those times. what you hear is exactly what is perform from rhe studio.

now like a lot of post production. all like computer singing and not the singer. my 2 baht lah. even rock also sounds so fake nowdays.

I never heard of moody river, so just went to youtube to listen............. :p

One of my favourite songs is a real oldie called Moon River, written by Henry Mancini.
It was the theme song for the move Breakfast At Tiffany's starring the wonderful Audrey Hepburn, who also sang the song.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
no, I really couldn't name a song I liked which was composed after year 2000. cannot think of a single title.
maybe someone can suggest some good songs written recently or after year 2000.

[video=youtube;Le-3MIBxQTw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-3MIBxQTw[/video]

This is not bad, if you like rock.

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best musical of all time ....... 刘三姐 ........ this will go down in history as the all time favourite amongst music connoisseurs :biggrin:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8C8AU1LJes?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

AhGuan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have no idea to this day what 刘三姐 was singing about .... the truth is, I don't want to know ...... some things are best left unsaid ....... I like to think that she is singing about something so beautiful ........ that it can't be expressed in words ...... and makes your heart ache because of it ...... :biggrin:

(transposed from Morgan Freeman's narration when music was played over the loudspeakers in the prison yard in the movie Shawshank Redemption)

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
I have no idea to this day what 刘三姐 was singing about .... the truth is, I don't want to know ...... some things are best left unsaid ....... I like to think that she is singing about something so beautiful ........ that it can't be expressed in words ...... and makes your heart ache because of it ...... :biggrin:

(transposed from Morgan Freeman's narration when music was played over the loudspeakers in the prison yard in the movie Shawshank Redemption)

Great quote from a great movie and what a performance from Morgan Freeman.

jw5

Loyal
This is not bad, if you like rock.

Thanks for the video but didn't really like it.
They are trying to sound like The Allman Brothers Band, Bob Seger and his silver bullets, Tom Petty and his heartbreakers, etc but they fall short.
Not a bad attempt though, much better than the crap we can from the teenyboppers and what not these days.

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
trouble trouble...oh oh... :biggrin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/jT12rUWMBKY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>