• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dead soldier issue - 4th installation of BS

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I guess its how many people need to die before things will change -so far 8 in SGH, 2 in Pasir Ris MRT and many many already in SAF and the 70% still voted the way they did.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
S
"There is a saying, 'When you don't train and sweat, you will spill blood in real operations'," he said.

He added: "Can you get a level of proficiency if servicemen think they are not protected during training?"

This has been my point exactly since day one of this debate. It's inspiring to see that great minds like Dr Ng agree with my take on the matter.

It gives me reason and strength to keep going when it comes to defending the PAP in this forum.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Security forces need protection from civil suits: Eng Hen

"Do you want to give our security forces the confidence that when they do their job, and when they do it without recklessness or negligence, that the Government Proceedings Act protects them?" he asked.

Are the WP MPs going to take up that challenge?

Why is the GPA protecting them even when they did it recklessly and negligencely?

Last edited:

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Security forces need protection from civil suits: Eng Hen

Citing a hypothetical example of servicemen being tasked to patrol Jurong Island and spotting a significant threat, Dr Ng said: "Do they stop the person, or will they hold back, thinking, 'If I make the wrong decision, then I'm on my own?'

Even if the servicemen are trigger happy, they should also be protected? If the Government is worried that the threat of litigation may hold them back from making appropriate decision, the Government can always underwrite the damage as a result of any court case.

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Is Dr Ng implying that even if they servicemen are trigger happy, they should also be protected?

There are already laws to deal with uniformed personnel who do not follow the rules.

Most sinkies seem to forget that at some point in their lives they may have to make a decision regarding whether or not to pull a trigger. The last thing they need is the threat of a civil law suit.

For example, when performing guard duty with live rounds, should a situation arise whereby an intruder who has been challenged according the the SOP has not complied with orders, what is the soldier doing guard duty supposed to do? Pull the trigger to protect the installation from what could be a major sabotage attempt that could cost the lives of hundreds or simply allow the intruder to escape to avoid a possible law suit.

After all the so called saboteur who looks like a muslim terrorist could actually be a poor sinkie Malay chap who escaped from IMH and was trying to find his way home.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are already laws to deal with uniformed personnel who do not follow the rules.

Most sinkies seem to forget that at some point in their lives they may have to make a decision regarding whether or not to pull a trigger. The last thing they need is the threat of a civil law suit.

For example, when performing guard duty with live rounds, should a situation arise whereby an intruder who has been challenged according the the SOP has not complied with orders, what is the soldier doing guard duty supposed to do? Pull the trigger to protect the installation from what could be a major sabotage attempt that could cost the lives of hundreds or simply allow the intruder to escape to avoid a possible law suit.

After all the so called saboteur who looks like a muslim terrorist could actually be a poor sinkie Malay chap who escaped from IMH and was trying to find his way home.

Boss I believe NZ soldiers, despite the lousy equipment and peacenik stance of their government, don't cry mama if 6 smoke grenades cause them to die.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Boss I believe NZ soldiers, despite the lousy equipment and peacenik stance of their government, don't cry mama if 6 smoke grenades cause them to die.

NZ soldiers serve in Iraq and Afghanistan. Many have died there. It's goes with the territory.