• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Damage control from WP

Doubblur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since they made him resign from the CEC, I agree with you that it would've been a wiser choice to kick YSL out and call for a by-election. It was a golden opportunity for WP to prove that sky blue is whiter than white, which is the song that WP has been singing all along to entice us voters to vote for them. By keeping mum and sending their supporters to say the other party also have lechers simply shows that WP is no better than the other party. Then why should anyone favour WP over the incumbent?

Uncle experience in life says YSL has no more political future. Drag on and hold on Hougang like that will mean even more embarrassment and worse result 4 years later. Uncle agrees might well call for by-election now when fire still not spread wild. Uncle agrees make it look WP has stricter discipline is better. Uncle looks through the list of potential replacements. YJJ looks a good choice with the highest losing score but that's wasting an NCMP seat and he contested quite far away from Hougang. So must choose from those not already in Parliament but contested somewhere near Hougang. Koh Choon Yong should be the better choice.

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is too early to say whether YSL has no more political future. YSL has thick hides and he is a survivor.

Although WP will still win in a Hougang by-elections now but it is not wise to do so as it will allow PAP to use Yaw-gate to reinforce the impression that the WP's candidate selection process is flawed. It is better to drag on another few years for people's memories to fade away.

This saga is just some embarrassment to YSL that's all. But for YSL to resign from CEC is a very stupid move since they have decided to keep everything hush hush right from the start. They could just drop him quietly during the coming OPC. Someone without political sense must have engineered it.

Goh Meng Seng

Uncle experience in life says YSL has no more political future. Drag on and hold on Hougang like that will mean even more embarrassment and worse result 4 years later. Uncle agrees might well call for by-election now when fire still not spread wild. Uncle agrees make it look WP has stricter discipline is better. Uncle looks through the list of potential replacements. YJJ looks a good choice with the highest losing score but that's wasting an NCMP seat and he contested quite far away from Hougang. So must choose from those not already in Parliament but contested somewhere near Hougang. Koh Choon Yong should be the better choice.

BlueWave

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is too early to say whether YSL has no more political future. YSL has thick hides and he is a survivor.

Although WP will still win in a Hougang by-elections now but it is not wise to do so as it will allow PAP to use Yaw-gate to reinforce the impression that the WP's candidate selection process is flawed. It is better to drag on another few years for people's memories to fade away.

This saga is just some embarrassment to YSL that's all. But for YSL to resign from CEC is a very stupid move since they have decided to keep everything hush hush right from the start. They could just drop him quietly during the coming OPC. Someone without political sense must have engineered it.

Goh Meng Seng

GMS loser,

who else better than you to talk about 'no more political future' and 'thick hides'. wink wink. these terms are the exact thoughts many have about YOU :biggrin:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good analysis and good suggestion.

Goh Meng Seng

As usual, you oppose any suggestion good for WP. Of course WP or PAP or any party candidate selection can't be perfect. The most flawed was fielding you in 2006. :oIo:

Last edited:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
It is obvious that the final loser is YSL this time round, dragging WP into the m&d.

Well, don't be sad for me, should be sad for WP.

WP wanted 3 corner fights but it must know what it means. The fight should begin NOW till next GE. It is sad that other opposition parties didn't want to start fighting WP now, rather taking a by-stander stance. So be it.

But don't worry, I am non-partisan, thus not fighting WP. However, it is people here who thought so and tried to view good suggestions made by me with contempt. So be it. You can't really resurrect a dead person now as the opportunity has gone pass.

Goh Meng Seng

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is obvious that the final loser is YSL this time round, dragging WP into the m&d.

You're really the insect without any notion of principle. Read the above by yourself. First you say it's too early to say YSL political future over, then you say it obvious the final loser is YSL. Time check, 8:51am and 9:50am. You switch position in an hour. I'm glad too, since I can also conclude, your political future is also over.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Just too shallow. Lose or win, is just at this instance, this time round. But whether ultimately he will lose totally and out of the game, it is just too early to know.

Goh Meng Seng

You're really the insect without any notion of principle. Read the above by yourself. First you say it's too early to say YSL political future over, then you say it obvious the final loser is YSL. Time check, 8:51am and 9:50am. You switch position in an hour. I'm glad too, since I can also conclude, your political future is also over.

Bersik 2.0

Alfrescian
Loyal
When GMS was busy preparing for GE2011, YSL issued a "notice" WP will be contesting at Tampines GRC in the next GE. Basically, the notice serves as a declaration of war granting permission to GMS the rights to retaliate. I can't believe WP members crying rape now and insisting GMS and all others in opposition fraternity that it is their obligation and collective interests to defend WP if they want to see more oppositions in parliament wearing the famous blue shirt.

饶欣龙有记得昔日老战友之情谊吗?

煮豆燃豆箕
豆在釜中泣
本是同根生
相煎和太急

I am actually sad for GMS. He has conducted himself as an opposition member in such way against other opposition members that makes him non-electable. He can only be a political activist now.

But then this fits in better with his purpose. He is no longer accountable. He can say anything he likes. The only risk is his reputation but then, in the first place, what reputation does he have to start off with?

Z

Zombie

WP wanted 3 corner fights but it must know what it means.
Goh Meng Seng

why you talk about "3 corner fights"?

what is the connection between this ysl case and "3 corner fights"?

is "3 corner fights" the reason you failed to get mp seat in ge2011?

:confused::confused::confused:

rainnix

Alfrescian
Loyal
My 2 cents worth.

The latest move is an admission of guilt.Nothing more nothing less.But as the Christ would say ,let 'Who Is Without Sin Cast The First Stone'...Similarly are we without any skeletons in our cupboard as well?That's the stand WP core leadership seems to take in this instance.So Yaw been screwing some one else's wife---so what's the big deal,sort of.

But WP does not have the luxury of PAP.WP is not established in the parliament nor in the minds of Singaporeans.It's just establishing and thus such growing up pains.

In fact,if I were in WP core leadership I would look at the whole issue as an opportunity to gain political grounds for the oncoming GE2016.Yaw should admit his sex escapades publicly.Let Yaw quit his post as a MP.Let there be a by election.

Sure,in the by election for Hougnag the chances are that other opposition parties may also compete apart from PAP.This is the real danger since if it's only PAP vs WP;than Hougang voters may not abandon WP for PAP.But if it's three corner fight than WP stand a good chance of loosing Hougang to PAP.

Hence a day of reckoning for WP as an arrogant opposition party is in hand.It's time to eat humble pie for WP.....as it's survival in traditional Hougang ground depends on the graces of other opposition parties.Hence WP is forced to play ball with other opposition parties.Therefore,I simply look at the whole issue as a win win situation for Singapore voters in general.Thanks to Yaw's screwing around.

Now,the other option open to WP is to hide behind PAP protection.Sort of you scratch my back and I scratch your back thingy.I speculate that is exactly what is going on now behind the scene.Evidence of which were widely seen in the latest parliament debate over PAP ministerial salaries.WP silence was really deafening.Worse,how our MSM is keeping mum on Yaw's gallivanting spree.

I often wondered why our MSM was such a goody good shoe where Yaw's screwing of someone's else wify is a god-sent opportunity to tear WP to pieces.You see,such is really newsorthy by any standard.Not only it boost the sales of our flagging MSM sales,it exposes politicians dirt as an undiluted filthy lot.But both PAP and MSM kept silent.....that is somewhat telling.That a deal had been cut between PAP and WP.

Unfortunately,in this days of netizenship and citizenship journalism such maneuvers behind our back does not work any more.It would have 10 years ago.Because politicians like Goh Meng Seng asks why.And the subject itself refuses to go even if other opposition parties do not wish to aggravate WP more than now.Unless some reasonable reasons are tendered--to us.

Overall,I think this episode is grossly in favor of us citizens.

Up your points!

I totally agree with you. WP had missed the chance by responding to the issue swiftly, then doing a half-fuck job by demoting YSL from treasurer and CEC. WP had failed to use this chance to raise above the PAP morally and citizens had lost their faith to WP because there is no different between the 2 parties (Also the ministerial salary issue). So what happens next?

WP had lost their moral authority to question PAP in the Parliament, to be hard hitting at their policies, to grind at the MPs now. The plot of YSL had already lost, he will be very quiet in Parliament in the future. Wondered why LTK still chose YSL when he proved to be betrayal to the citizens by declaring to vote for PAP 5 years ago... to test the loyalty of his Hougang residents?

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
This post is for those who jumps the gun.

I mean those posters who are writing off Yaw political future or GMS for that matter.You see,Dr.Mahathir coined this word,'Melayu mudah lupa'---which literately translates to Malays forget easily.But those quote equally applies to us sinkies too,regardless of race,language or religion.Otherwise how to explain PAP having ruled us for the 50 years.Despite repeatedly screwing us only to come on election days bearing gifts with their sob stories not to screw us any further.

Only to go back to square one just months after the election with their usual price increases and what not.

WE TOO FORGET EASILY.

Yaw and GMS will survive the turmoil.After-all,was it not the same Yaw who declared that he voted for the PAP ?....and yet made a come back to be a MP in this election ?Is that not a personal improvement if not an achievement?

Let them worry for their own sake.

As politicians they know how to take care of themselves rather well.

But we as voters must see to that we are getting the best deal from them.That is all.

Last edited:

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read from the evening papers that Yaw was forced to resign by fellow CEC members. If that's true, it is for the better Yaw is now out of CEC before WP gets divided over whether to side with him or not.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't be silly.

YSL is not WP and WP is not YSL. YSL is a half wit who was rewarded on the basis of loyalty to a man and not to the party. The party has acted. If LTK , CSM or Sylvia had acted in this manner, its is different matter. He was given Hougang by default.

Every party has personalities known for their extra marital history. Look even SDP has one shameless character who is even bolder and still wanting to have high profile. The PAP has a slew of such characters. Even NSP has a colourful character.

Should not get excited over such things. Remember its YSL and not someone important or relevant. Though an MP, that ward is loyal to LTK and the party.

Anyway knowing LTK, he will shrewdly find a way to ease idiots out such as he did with James Gomez. As this is his imbeclic act, I am sure LTK knows what to do. All he has to do is find someone credible and hand the ward over. Do remember, after capturing Aljunied, he does not need to concentrate his firepower and should be prepared to release Sylvia or CSM as an option for Hougang for the next GE.

I would not get get carried away with this sideshow of little importance. Frankly I am more interested to see if SDP and NSP carry on with the longest status quo in Singapore Parliamentary history of having actively contested elections at each GE and nothing to show at the end. Lots of work to be done to lift the game with cohesive strategy and the right people.

Up your points!

I totally agree with you. WP had missed the chance by responding to the issue swiftly, then doing a half-fuck job by demoting YSL from treasurer and CEC. WP had failed to use this chance to raise above the PAP morally and citizens had lost their faith to WP because there is no different between the 2 parties (Also the ministerial salary issue). So what happens next?

WP had lost their moral authority to question PAP in the Parliament, to be hard hitting at their policies, to grind at the MPs now. The plot of YSL had already lost, he will be very quiet in Parliament in the future. Wondered why LTK still chose YSL when he proved to be betrayal to the citizens by declaring to vote for PAP 5 years ago... to test the loyalty of his Hougang residents?

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This post is for those who jumps the gun.

I mean those posters who are writing off Yaw political future or GMS for that matter.You see,Dr.Mahathir coined this word,'Melayu mudah lupa'---which literately translates to Malays forget easily.But those quote equally applies to us sinkies too,regardless of race,language or religion.Otherwise how to explain PAP having ruled us for the 50 years.Despite repeatedly screwing us only to come on election days bearing gifts with their sob stories not to screw us any further.

Only to go back to square one just months after the election with their usual price increases and what not.

WE TOO FORGET EASILY.

Yaw and GMS will survive the turmoil.After-all,was it not the same Yaw who declared that he voted for the PAP ?....and yet made a come back to be a MP in this election ?Is that not a personal improvement if not an achievement?

Let them worry for their own sake.

As politicians they know how to take care of themselves rather well.

But we as voters must see to that we are getting the best deal from them.That is all.

Yes, how YSL comes out from this saga is anyone's guess.

Did Shanmugam suffer from the infidelity rumours when he was an up and coming MP? The pap just side stepped that rumour then.

I wonder why forumners here are so engrossed with YSL?

Following what happened to Shnmugam and what pap handled it, shdnt this be a none event ?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect that members of the opposition especially of rival parties are more interested in him rather than the general public. Even the PAP is not bothered. I agree non event.

Yes, how YSL comes out from this saga is anyone's guess.

Did Shanmugam suffer from the infidelity rumours when he was an up and coming MP? The pap just side stepped that rumour then.

I wonder why forumners here are so engrossed with YSL?

Following what happened to Shnmugam and what pap handled it, shdnt this be a none event ?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I suspect that members of the opposition especially of rival parties are more interested in him rather than the general public. Even the PAP is not bothered. I agree non event.

I agree...we shd just let this blow away and let the electorate decide if YSL chooses to stand again.

Some pap MPs are not that angelic too and Singaporeans shd not resort to witch hunting unnecessarily.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

There are proper laws to handle this kind of indiscretions. If any party is aggrieved, let him or her take it through the legal process.