• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Damage control from WP

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is NOT just about morality. I have explained it on my blog post, it is about risk factor in putting up people with such sexual tendency which will result in corruption of power. This in turn may compromise national interests and security.

What he needs to address is just to reassure voters that he is of low risk factor, that's all. The way they handle this crisis is flat F, fail.

Goh Meng Seng

This is terribly dramatic. Bill Clinton (as some have already mentioned) turned out to be a fine president even though he walked the halls of power with his pants around his knees. He too denied the allegations but finally admitted it. That did not affect his presidency.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Different people have different views as to where to draw the line, but I think people are confused that there is a difference between resigning only as Treasurer and from CEC. I can move from a treasurer to webmaster or CEC member. But being out of CEC is different. I do think that WP's CEC position is not an unimportant one within WP. Basically, anything outside WP's CEC is in the dark about WP, that's how WP is run.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Different people have different views as to where to draw the line, but I think people are confused that there is a difference between resigning only as Treasurer and from CEC. I can move from a treasurer to webmaster or CEC member. But being out of CEC is different. I do think that WP's CEC position is not an unimportant one within WP. Basically, anything outside WP's CEC is in the dark about WP, that's how WP is run.

The ultimate taste is from the residents of Hougang. Are they willing to forgive or the hate the PAP so much and let him continue his work or cry for re-election. LTK must feel so stupid right now. Interestingly, If it were Angela who was MP for Hougang and the accusations came about, I think it may not be so harsh. Meet the MP session might even become more crowded. But that is a scenario that never become a reality.

byleftcan

Alfrescian
Loyal
After his stupid move of resigning from WP CEC, it will no longer be a rumor but in people's perception, TRUTH. i.e. basically there is nothing to wash clean already.

Yes, he could try to do his best as MP of Hougang but the next question is, will WP field him again come next GE? Especially so when WP is expected to have even more qualified people joining them, why would the party field a proven lemon again when it has better choices?

Basically, the whole thing has been screwed up by bad management of the crisis. The golden window of opportunity of solving the problem has been missed. It is just too little just too late for this to happen. The worst thing to happen is to allow crisis of such to drag on which will open people's to speculations and doubts to grow by the day. Just too bad. So be it.

Goh Meng Seng

Yes, WP lost the plot. The extramarital affair was not a big issue to the discerning voter although it is now from the way they handled the crisis and the underlying issues of transparency. Fail.

di-IJ3T.jpg

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Frankly the position of treasurer and CEC is pretty much hollow in the scheme of things and is remotely attached to one's morality. He probably has less responsibility as admin work is not something people clamour for. More a reward.

They should have issued a warning letter or censured his conduct internally and kept it private. Politically it serves no purpose. In fact it demeans the position of MP. It would have been better to apologise if they wanted to make it public.

I suspect that the party is divided with a one faction wanting blood and this is the only compromise.

I always felt that this guy is a liability - an idiot.

Apparently, some people in WP's leadership are dead against YSL and want to bring him down, even at the expense of further dragging the party image down.

You're right, nobody, not even the MSM, has even considered YSL's CEC responsibilities in light of his fiasco. The only concerns was his function as Member of Parliament. Why is there a need for such an ill-timed and dramatic exit? If I were YSL I sure as hell wouldn't want to resign now and invite more speculation and accusation.

Your factious theory is probably correct. They are different groups who want different things. And sad to say, my only conclusion is that there is a bunch of fellas in there who want to see this affair turn out as ugly as possible.

Sad. This is fucking pathetic.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder how much Yaw Shin Leong can get paid for screwing LTK and the strongest oppo ward. Vote PAP, crash car, remain mum on affair talk property prices. Man, if undercover from PAP are so good in sabotage, maybe I should start changing sides. lol. Classic opportunist, YSL.

I don't think even LTK knows what to do. He put someone he thought was a good and obedient boy to run the most important SMC in Singapore, WP's precious jewel since 1991. Then it starts to hit him that that now he has put the biggest dynamite right in the hot seat, with a timer set and winding down fast.

"Panic" may not even describe what LTK might be feeling right now.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is NOT just about morality. I have explained it on my blog post, it is about risk factor in putting up people with such sexual tendency which will result in corruption of power. This in turn may compromise national interests and security.

Are you kidding? An opposition MP has no access to Top Secret documents. How to compromise national interests and security. A bloody office staff in our two main intel entities has more access to privileged info than an MP, especially from the opposition.

Let me help you understand better. An officer handling a key registry has access as to who their agents etc are. Don't you think this division 2 officer who probably earn less than 4k has more ammunition than a 16k WP MP? He/she can sell info of this nature to interested parties which will most likely be a foreign intel agency.

If I happened to be compromised as a result of my itchy prick, that's not always a bad thing. Can always be a double agent for the govt and get paid and free fucks.

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resign for fun? Don't be ridiculous. If it's untrue, there's no need to even resign over it.

Don't believe go and spread an absurd rumour abt LTK or Sylvia, see if they'll reply "no comments" and resign from CEC just to appease the public.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly the position of treasurer and CEC is pretty much hollow in the scheme of things and is remotely attached to one's morality. He probably has less responsibility as admin work is not something people clamour for. More a reward.

I suspect that the party is divided with a one faction wanting blood and this is the only compromise.

I always felt that this guy is a liability - an idiot.

treasurer is bout the number 3 position for WP... Eric Tan was leader of the 2nd most important GRC, he was treasurer ....

to outsiders like yourself, treasurer is nothing... but if you have speak to some older members, they always say Yaw is going to be next Sec Gen...

He was Low LA, Hougang MP, and Party treasurer...

Apparently, some people in WP's leadership are dead against YSL and want to bring him down, even at the expense of further dragging the party image down.

You're right, nobody, not even the MSM, has even considered YSL's CEC responsibilities in light of his fiasco. The only concerns was his function as Member of Parliament. Why is there a need for such an ill-timed and dramatic exit? If I were YSL I sure as hell wouldn't want to resign now and invite more speculation and accusation.

Your factious theory is probably correct. They are different groups who want different things. And sad to say, my only conclusion is that there is a bunch of fellas in there who want to see this affair turn out as ugly as possible.

Sad. This is fucking pathetic.

The only thing more sad than WP management of crisis is WP supporters mindless defense... they have sold their principles, that is what so pathetic, they really got what they wish for. A monkey in parliament... with last world voters like this, who need PAP to screw us..?

Are you sure nobody has even considered YSL's CEC responsibilities ???

I said before the 1st thing to do is to demote him from CEC and then called for BY-election!!

THBH, continue to pretend nothing has happen is what will further dragging the party image down.

I have also say before it is impossible for learned men like SHow Mao and JJ to think that keeping mum is the best solution...

it is not surprising that there will be disagreements in the CEC, if there is no disagreements, then I worry.

cause that will mean that WP is a one man show and the rest of the CEC are mindless drones who have no principles and using WP just as a vehicles to enter Parliament......

btw you guys need to start looking at Low's current LA..... I think he will be candidate next GE

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Share the same thoughts here.
I don't think even LTK knows what to do. He put someone he thought was a good and obedient boy to run the most important SMC in Singapore, WP's precious jewel since 1991. Then it starts to hit him that that now he has put the biggest dynamite right in the hot seat, with a timer set and winding down fast.

"Panic" may not even describe what LTK might be feeling right now.

JohnnyQuid

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more I read the post of some ppl here, the more i see that a pattern has appeared. many here who claim to be true blue opposition supporters are in my observation are fair weather opposition supporters. am sorry but YSL has never admitted nor denied the extramarital affair.

Have all here forgotten about a current Cabinet Minister who was openly toying around with his colleague, made others in his law firm provide alibis to his former wife about his affair but ex got smart and eventually found out and divorced him. Remember all this before he even became Minister. Yet when he became a Cabinit Minister, many suffered from "memory loss" regarding his immoral ways. Now ponder and reflect, did this guy ever admit or deny the affair..

YSL and the rest are smart, they are learning from the other camp. Silence is GOLDEN...

Btw, from what I gather many in Hougang don't give two fucks about the RUMOUR and that is what it is and will remain till PROVEN otherwise.

:oIo:

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Ball is now in the msm's court. They need to step forward and connect the dots.

liangshan

Alfrescian
Loyal
How the other party handled is the other party's business.

Just because it happened to WP, doesn't mean you can pull out the other party's business as shield and pretend it didn't happen.

By doing so, you just proved you are no different from the other party.

CakeLengKia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yaw Shin Leong really ruin his political career.

If he have come clean and admit it and apologies at the very beginning think it might save his career somehow but now damage have already done.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...what a kuku view.......welcum to the kuku club.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I wonder how much Yaw Shin Leong can get paid for screwing LTK and the strongest oppo ward. Vote PAP, crash car, remain mum on affair talk property prices. Man, if undercover from PAP are so good in sabotage, maybe I should start changing sides. lol. Classic opportunist, YSL.

I feel bad for LTK, his problems in finding a worthy successor is no less daunting than CST. He bet this time on the wrong horse

Singaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
stupid stupid ysl. ltk practically gave him a bright future as a leading oppo mp and he gave all of it up for a woman. i foresee sylvia or csm taking over hougang in 2016

maozedong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is premature to say this is the most stupid thing to do politically especially if you don't know what happened behind the scenes.

Maybe WP had asked YSL to "make public apology, beg for forgiveness and promise not to commit the mistakes again" but YSL refused to do it? Maybe YSL told WP that "I didn't have sexual relations with the woman" ala Bill Clinton, or simply denied any wrong-doing. Can WP sack him for that? Yes, but that would mean a bye-election. And I don't think LTK wants to risk losing Hougang.

I think this is LTK's style - not taking big risks. Taking measured risks; a small step at a time; bidding his time. He doesn't want to risk losing Hougang.

As I'd mentioned before, YSL is toast. Kaput! He won't be field again in next General Election. He's a nobody, a mediocre opposition MP - at a time when we really need all our opposition MPs to be top-notched like LTK, CSM and Sylvia - because we have so few opposition MPs. What's this clown doing here!?#

In the next GE, this will be a non-issue because YSL won't be in the line-up anymore. LTK will probably ask him to stay away from WP during the GE. PAP can try to bring this up but it won't matter anymore because 1) a long time has passed; it's old news 2) YSL is no more to be seen.

We are at a critical juncture in Singapore politics. This incident is very unfortunate. It's like LTK and Sylvia making a step forward and YSL making two steps backwards for the opposition. Another James Gomez.

It is the most stupid thing to do politically. It would be seen as an admission of guilt but wait, you mean WP CEC position is more important than MP? Resigning from WP CEC position but not as MP? Such management will raise even more questions rather than answers or put a closure to the saga.

The only thing needed is just a public apology, beg for forgiveness and promise not to commit the mistakes again. Then use the PAP's favourite words, let's move on. Full stop and give a closure to the saga. There is no necessity to do such ineffective, unnecessary thing here. Faint.

Goh Meng Seng