• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

D Inspire Residence @ Bukit Indah Tower A Launching Soon

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask yourself why the bank is being extra careful.

I understand. A lot of loans are actually being rejected. The risk for the bank is high in the event the owner surrenders his IC. If Iskandar thrives 20-30 years later, the owner will benefit. Things are hard to predict. SG with its aging population and limited land is facing more hurdles. The era that you built your wealth in SG is gone.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
I understand. A lot of loans are actually being rejected. The risk for the bank is high in the event the owner surrenders his IC. If Iskandar thrives 20-30 years later, the owner will benefit. Things are hard to predict. SG with its aging population and limited land is facing more hurdles. The era that you built your wealth in SG is gone.

Not really... I think SG will still thrive in the next few decades. That's why the PM and his gang are constantly trying to inject new brilliant ideas on how to make SG stay vibrant and attractive. To do that, his message is that everyone has to "stay competitive". But along the way, things will become more and more expensive. It's an adjustment the citizens have to make. For eg, very soon, not everyone will need or be able to afford cars. But they have to improve a lot on the public transport system.

The fact that PM Lee has already mentioned about SG100 shows that he is serious about taking SG into the next lap. We have not reached a situation like HK or Tokyo yet.

As for Iskandar, it's a high risk investment for retail investors. If one doesn't believe the current news, data and facts presented by analysts and writers, then at least take it from the banks. As Xebay11 mentioned, one got to ask why the banks are extra careful in granting loans now. If Iskandar is such an easy-to-decide, low risk investment, wouldn't the banks want more borrowers?

For so many people who have rushed in to buy Iskandar properties in the last 2 years, imagine if they cannot finance their properties next time when they realize there are no rents, the condo facade is failing, every month they have to fork out high interest loans, pay maintenance fees, etc. The temptation then is to dump their properties which have become a liability. The banks can take back the properties but what are they going to do with them when there are no interested buyers? The banks could face a crisis.

Even before we go into the next 5 years, many of those who bought D'Inspire are already kicking themselves for buying a condo with lousy quality and designs. And part of their condo has already become some kind of cheap motel. This is not even the only condo with such bad outcome. Do we have confidence in other Iskandar condos?

To wait 20-30 years and see if an investment works out is a very long time and thus, I would say it's a very high risk. Some of us here may not even be alive! Sure, like fairy tale dreams, we can say Iskandar will thrive and become a second vibrant Singapore. Property prices will rise. But this is nothing more than speculation. It could also be the other way -- Iskandar becomes no different from the present JB. Your property value could remain very much stagnant. Or even if it appreciates in value, by how much? Can it beat the weak MYR currency risk, bank loan and inflation? You got to consider all these.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really... I think SG will still thrive in the next few decades. That's why the PM and his gang are constantly trying to inject new brilliant ideas on how to make SG stay vibrant and attractive. To do that, his message is that everyone has to "stay competitive". But along the way, things will become more and more expensive. It's an adjustment the citizens have to make. For eg, very soon, not everyone will need or be able to afford cars. But they have to improve a lot on the public transport system.

The fact that PM Lee has already mentioned about SG100 shows that he is serious about taking SG into the next lap. We have not reached a situation like HK or Tokyo yet.

As for Iskandar, it's a high risk investment for retail investors. If one doesn't believe the current news, data and facts presented by analysts and writers, then at least take it from the banks. As Xebay11 mentioned, one got to ask why the banks are extra careful in granting loans now. If Iskandar is such an easy-to-decide, low risk investment, wouldn't the banks want more borrowers?

For so many people who have rushed in to buy Iskandar properties in the last 2 years, imagine if they cannot finance their properties next time when they realize there are no rents, the condo facade is failing, every month they have to fork out high interest loans, pay maintenance fees, etc. The temptation then is to dump their properties which have become a liability. The banks can take back the properties but what are they going to do with them when there are no interested buyers? The banks could face a crisis.

Even before we go into the next 5 years, many of those who bought D'Inspire are already kicking themselves for buying a condo with lousy quality and designs. And part of their condo has already become some kind of cheap motel. This is not even the only condo with such bad outcome. Do we have confidence in other Iskandar condos?

To wait 20-30 years and see if an investment works out is a very long time and thus, I would say it's a very high risk. Some of us here may not even be alive! Sure, like fairy tale dreams, we can say Iskandar will thrive and become a second vibrant Singapore. Property prices will rise. But this is nothing more than speculation. It could also be the other way -- Iskandar becomes no different from the present JB. Your property value could remain very much stagnant. Or even if it appreciates in value, by how much? Can it beat the weak MYR currency risk, bank loan and inflation? You got to consider all these.

In my view the present JB is rather different from the JB of 30 years ago. Anyway 30 years later I may already by then uplorry liao. Kids will have to take care of themselves but maybe my (debt?!?!) legacy for them would be the HDB flat and the 2 freehold properties in JB. At least they have options that I never had.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

In my view banks are more careful in granting loans to locals who also form majority of rejected loans. Maybe many are non-JB locals who are trying to buy condos because they are cheaper compared to landed and because they intend to work in Singapore to get better earnings.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really disappointing to see the problems owners there are facing. I feel for them.

Other than the unexpected poor design/workmanship issues, it's just puzzling how rubbish could be left at the condo for several days and no one cleared them. It's a brand new condo! The owners don't pay the maintenance fees?! I doubt so. What's going to happen in 2-3 years' time?

For those who have lived or bought JB condos, is this normal?

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really disappointing to see the problems owners there are facing. I feel for them.

Other than the unexpected poor design/workmanship issues, it's just puzzling how rubbish could be left at the condo for several days and no one cleared them. It's a brand new condo! The owners don't pay the maintenance fees?! I doubt so. What's going to happen in 2-3 years' time?

For those who have lived or bought JB condos, is this normal?

Oh my...not very inspiring isn't it?

Hope these could be just teething issues during transition time when owners are still moving in and renovations works still being carried out.

destansooming

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project very nearby my place,was there yesterday,saw the banner up for rental,can be daily,monthly,yearly basis,guess it will have impact on the rental at Bukit indah area,skybreeze also coming....I guess hotel will problem...next time I will try to sneak it and see haha..

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This project very nearby my place,was there yesterday,saw the banner up for rental,can be daily,monthly,yearly basis,guess it will have impact on the rental at Bukit indah area,skybreeze also coming....I guess hotel will problem...next time I will try to sneak it and see haha..

Is a heartbreak for the owners...... cannot believe a so call condo transform into a motel...

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, what can we learn from the awful experiences of D'Inspire buyers?

What could have been done to tell them this is a project that should have been avoided?

Afterall, KSL sounds like a reputable local developer that has been around for some time.

I still remember a Huttons agent explained to me so nicely why i should buy D'Inspire for investment. Like nothing could ever go wrong!

The main reason i held back was that I found the agent was more of a sweet-talking salesman than anything else.

Dunno why.... i just don't have good experiences with Huttons agents.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually, what can we learn from the awful experiences of D'Inspire buyers?

What could have been done to tell them this is a project that should have been avoided?

Afterall, KSL sounds like a reputable local developer that has been around for some time.

I still remember a Huttons agent explained to me so nicely why i should buy D'Inspire for investment. Like nothing could ever go wrong!

The main reason i held back was that I found the agent was more of a sweet-talking salesman than anything else.

Dunno why.... i just don't have good experiences with Huttons agents.
Well....maybe many can emulate me in consistently reminding forumers to be aware of certain developers in JB. That is why it is important to keep on repeating these facts that serve as a reminder without fear and favour. This is how i contribute to this forum.

Talking about KSL, it is not so reputable compare to IJM, Setia or even UM Land. KSL is khoo soon lee. Quite an ah beng name actually. Lately they just call as KSL to distance them self from being branded as ah beng developer.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well....maybe many can emulate me in consistently reminding forumers to be aware of certain developers in JB. That is why it is important to keep on repeating these facts that serve as a reminder without fear and favour. This is how i contribute to this forum.

Talking about KSL, it is not so reputable compare to IJM, Setia or even UM Land. KSL is khoo soon lee. Quite an ah beng name actually. Lately they just call as KSL to distance them self from being branded as ah beng developer.

Hmmm....I don't know what level of reputation KSL is at if measured on a scale or compared to others, but for my wife and I we were quite satisfied with what we see with KSL City Mall. Of course always got room for improvement but since we were paying "peanuts" we not expecting almond nuts.:wink: Anyway, from what I gather here even Setia name also a bit smelly already?:p

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm....I don't know what level of reputation KSL is at if measured on a scale or compared to others, but for my wife and I we were quite satisfied with what we see with KSL City Mall. Of course always got room for improvement but since we were paying "peanuts" we not expecting almond nuts.:wink: Anyway, from what I gather here even Setia name also a bit smelly already?:p

KSL only success story is KSL City Mall. That is not even a residential project. However, you are right that people have high expectation. Almond nuts still ok.....but most of them wanted cashew nuts. Setia have lost its touch long ago when Tan Sri Liew left the organization. Previously a BMW now became a Proton.... a GLC. To be frankly, really smelly.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL only success story is KSL City Mall. That is not even a residential project. However, you are right that people have high expectation. Almond nuts still ok.....but most of them wanted cashew nuts. Setia have lost its touch long ago when Tan Sri Liew left the organization. Previously a BMW now became a Proton.... a GLC. To be frankly, really smelly.

If the KSL Residences@Daya project can do a little bit better than KSL City Mall I happy liao. So there, not expecting a lot...would be a sweet bonus if it turns out far better but then again...better to manage expectations while remaining hopeful..:biggrin:

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the KSL Residences@Daya project can do a little bit better than KSL City Mall I happy liao. So there, not expecting a lot...would be a sweet bonus if it turns out far better but then again...better to manage expectations while remaining hopeful..:biggrin:

I believe KSL Residences @ Daya will be better than KSL D' Inspire after so much negative complaints from the owners there. KSL reputation is at stake now. Mr.Khoo is in panic mode now. Not like those GLCs. No matter how many complaints they received, they just show blur face and tidak apa attitude.

Last edited:

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe KSL Residences @ Daya will be better than KSL D' Inspire after so much negative complaints from the owners there. KSL reputation is at stake now. Mr.Khoo is in panic mode now. Not like those GLCs. No many how many complaints they received, they just show blur face and tidak apa attitude.

Yah...I also hope so...it's his name on the building!!!:biggrin: