• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Customer gets yelled vulgarities by hawker stall ‘gangster’ staff even after waiting for 2 hours for their Christmas dinner

Touchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
imageedit_4_3629525481.jpg

https://theindependent.sg/customer-...Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1672030417

Touchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE — A public member warned against patronising a newly opened hawker stall after experiencing poor customer service on Christmas Day. After allegedly waiting almost two hours, the customers became the target of vulgarities from a “gangster” staff.

The Facebook group Complaint Singapore member shared their experience, noting they had ordered sambal stingray, kangkong and fuyong omelette from a stall at the Senja Hawker Centre.

“At first, the cashier told us estimated waiting time was about 30 minutes. At 8 pm, our food was not ready, so we approached the cashier, and she said (they) needed 30 more minutes,” the customer wrote.

“We understand, as the store is quite crowded on Christmas night. So we went back to our seats and continued to wait.” However, at 8:50 pm, their food was still not served – even the omelette, which was easy to prepare.

They approached the stall and asked for an update on their meal, noting the children were already very hungry. The family suggested cancelling the order if nothing was prepared and asked for a refund.

“Suddenly, the store man pointed his finger at me and spoke to me in a very fierce tone, ‘Eh jibai, you talk to me properly, you understand?’ as if he is trying to pick a fight,” said the customer who was shocked at the response.

“We waited for almost two hours, not even a sorry was heard. When we asked for a refund nicely, the store man suddenly turned ‘gangster style’ and started to threaten people.”

The stall operator pointed to a sambal stingray and said, “Your food is ready, you still want or not?”

The customers opted for a refund, which the man gave “reluctantly while murmuring vulgarities.”

“It’s a newly-opened store located at Senja Hawker Centre. Singaporeans, be aware of the gangsters running the store,” the Facebook group added.

Netizens were equally surprised that the customer who waited hours for their meal were the ones who got scolded in the end. “Let this be your first and last time buying from them. We won’t go hungry,” said Facebook user Wang Fu Sheng.

The Independent Singapore has reached out to the stall for a statement and will update the article accordingly.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
SINGAPORE — A public member warned against patronising a newly opened hawker stall after experiencing poor customer service on Christmas Day. After allegedly waiting almost two hours, the customers became the target of vulgarities from a “gangster” staff.

The Facebook group Complaint Singapore member shared their experience, noting they had ordered sambal stingray, kangkong and fuyong omelette from a stall at the Senja Hawker Centre.

“At first, the cashier told us estimated waiting time was about 30 minutes. At 8 pm, our food was not ready, so we approached the cashier, and she said (they) needed 30 more minutes,” the customer wrote.

“We understand, as the store is quite crowded on Christmas night. So we went back to our seats and continued to wait.” However, at 8:50 pm, their food was still not served – even the omelette, which was easy to prepare.

They approached the stall and asked for an update on their meal, noting the children were already very hungry. The family suggested cancelling the order if nothing was prepared and asked for a refund.

“Suddenly, the store man pointed his finger at me and spoke to me in a very fierce tone, ‘Eh jibai, you talk to me properly, you understand?’ as if he is trying to pick a fight,” said the customer who was shocked at the response.

“We waited for almost two hours, not even a sorry was heard. When we asked for a refund nicely, the store man suddenly turned ‘gangster style’ and started to threaten people.”

The stall operator pointed to a sambal stingray and said, “Your food is ready, you still want or not?”

The customers opted for a refund, which the man gave “reluctantly while murmuring vulgarities.”

“It’s a newly-opened store located at Senja Hawker Centre. Singaporeans, be aware of the gangsters running the store,” the Facebook group added.

Netizens were equally surprised that the customer who waited hours for their meal were the ones who got scolded in the end. “Let this be your first and last time buying from them. We won’t go hungry,” said Facebook user Wang Fu Sheng.

The Independent Singapore has reached out to the stall for a statement and will update the article accordingly.

Sounds like karma for ordering from a hawker stall.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
The story does have slot of holes. If I were the customer, I will just walk away....n go eat other stuff to fill my stomach. Even economics rice....wat that chap going to do? Run after me n report police for 'false orders'?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The story does have slot of holes. If I were the customer, I will just walk away....n go eat other stuff to fill my stomach. Even economics rice....wat that chap going to do? Run after me n report police for 'false orders'?

Police report filed.

1672066145463.png

After waiting an hour for their zichar order on Christmas night, a couple approached their hawker stall asking for a refund.

However, the stall owner allegedly acted in a "gangster-style" manner and swore at him.

The stall owner, who wishes only to be known as Mr Chew, has denied doing this. He has also made a police report for alleged libel.

https://mothership.sg/2022/12/man-claims-senja-hawker-gangster/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
They need to ask for leefund that means this stall is pay 1st then eat KNN

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Police report filed.

View attachment 173749

After waiting an hour for their zichar order on Christmas night, a couple approached their hawker stall asking for a refund.

However, the stall owner allegedly acted in a "gangster-style" manner and swore at him.

The stall owner, who wishes only to be known as Mr Chew, has denied doing this. He has also made a police report for alleged libel.

https://mothership.sg/2022/12/man-claims-senja-hawker-gangster/
Should have got his wife to secretly record the scene...

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Within the hawker center this is already considered the most special food with special pricing too.

I know of zichar restaurants which offer the same menu for similar price. You can find the menu in most zichar stalls in coffee shops. No big deal about the hawker centre zichar.