• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Confused TNP Journalist Lediati Tan Misleads Singaporeans

Singa Crew

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I started reading the latest Kafkaesque masterpiece by PAP propagandist Lediati Tan, I couldn’t help but wonder if the PAP is unable or just unwilling to understand the problems plaguing Singaporeans.

In her article on foreign workers, published in the 4th of September edition of The New Paper, our confused journalist went off on a surreal tangent and attempted to tackle the foreign workers issue using the renowned fantastical PAP logic.

Reasonable Singaporeans of sound mind like myself are concerned about the suppression of wages and the all too willingness of employers to offer low or medium level jobs, which can be easily taken up by Singaporeans, to our foreign counterparts. In other words, the bread-and-butter issues.

Ms. Lediati Tan seemed unfazed by such mundane concerns.

Medical dictionaries define psychosis as “a symptom or feature of mental illness typically characterized by radical changes in personality, impaired functioning, and a distorted or nonexistent sense of objective reality.” As I continued reading her article, I became more and more convinced that our confused journalist must be going through a psychotic episode.

Instead of tackling the foreign workers issues from the obvious bread-and-butter angle, Ms. Tan went out of her way to avoid all foreign workers who crossed her path.

Many Singaporeans have voiced out their concerns about the wanton influx of cheap foreign labour, but those voices of reason have not advocated a boycott of services provided by foreign workers nor have we went out of our way to shun foreign workers.

Thus, I was completely flabbergasted when Ms. Tan described how she incurred inconveniences when she avoided services provided by foreign workers.

“Twice, I had to miss a bus and wait an additional five to 10 minutes because the first bus was driven by a foreign driver.

In the office, the first thing I did was to hide my wastepaper basket under my table. One of the cleaners is a foreigner.

I also had to be extra careful when using the toilets at my workplace as some are cleaned by foreign workers. Thankfully, the one nearest my office are usually cleaned by local aunties.”

It’s just too difficult by Lediati Tan (Saturday, Sep 04, 2010, The New Paper)

As Ms. Tan went on to describe how she failed to purchase a bag for her friend because the retail outlet was staffed by foreigners and avoided using the public toilet at the mall because she thought it might be cleaned by foreign workers, I got increasingly worried for the state of her mental health.

For a person who uses such impeccable English; whose grammar is sensible, it seemed improbable that she could have missed the obvious angle. Namely, the concerns we Singaporeans share over the suppression of wages and the loss of our jobs to foreign imports who aren’t necessary more qualified, or talented, than us.

She could have asked the million dollar question. She could have asked why, oh why, have so many foreigners taken up low-level jobs that could have been easily filled by Singaporeans? Bus driver, cleaner, sales assistant and restaurant servers. These aren’t specialized professions that require exotic foreign experts to fill!

But she didn’t ask, did she?

Instead she set out to do exactly the opposite of what a good investigative journalist, a proper one working in a country with a free press, would do. She avoided the pertinent questions and filled up the gaping holes in her articles with red herrings and conjectures to mislead the public.

As I read her flimsily concocted conjecture that without foreign imports, Singaporeans will be bereft of the essential services provided by bus drivers, cleaners and restaurant servers, I became more firmly convinced of her state of dementia. A lay person, who is untrained in journalistic techniques, could easily see that without the foreign imports who are doing jobs that require no specialized talents, it just mean that the employment rate among native Singaporeans will go up!

The fact that Lediati Tan failed to see the patently obvious could only mean that either her cognitive faculties had severely deteriorated or like her political masters, she was unwilling to empathize with her fellow Singaporeans.

But the latter cannot be true, can it? Because Ms. Lediati Tan is not even a Singaporean. In her article published on the 1st of September in The New Paper, she herself declared that she “spent more than 15 years here”, but still holds on to her Indonesian passport.

“Though I’m still holding my green Indonesian passport, I can barely lay claim to being a true blue Indonesian.”

TNP’s Lediati Tan pledges allegiance to Singapore by Lediati Tan (Wed, Sep 01, 2010, The New Paper)

Now it all becomes clear. And with that clarity comes understanding. Here is an Indonesian who spent 15 years here, claims she knows Majulah Singapura better than the national anthem of her homeland, and yet refuses to give up her Indonesian passport to become a Singapore citizen. At the same time, she earns her pay by writing articles approving the wanton influx of “foreign talents” such as herself.

Such a person will never be able to understand the sufferings of native Singaporeans. Nor will she want to jeopardize her livelihood by doing so.

By: Singa Crew

Link to article: http://www.temasekreview.com/2010/09/11/confused-tnp-journalist-lediati-tan-misleads-singaporeans/

ChaoPappyPoodle

Alfrescian
Loyal
Note how the PAPies' propaganda machinery have lumped all foreign workers as FTs. They are standard PAPism tactic to confuse the issue at hand.

Singapore has always relied on foreign workers in the construction and shipbuilding industries. Even in the late 70s, our construction industry was made up primarily of South Korean and Malaysian workers.

There is nothing new and nothing that Singaporeans are unhappy about with these groups of workers. It is the WHITE COLLAR foreign workers that we are against, who are allowed free entry here and to displace our workers and to dampen wages.

Let's not follow the PAPies!

Let's start categorizing the groups of foreign workers as white collar or blue collar workers and let's stop using the FT and call them FW or foreign workers.

jw5

Loyal
There's only one question to ask her: "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?"

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's start categorizing the groups of foreign workers as white collar or blue collar workers and let's stop using the FT and call them FW or foreign workers.

Do not perpetuate the conquer and divide policy of the PAP. This was what led to the massive FT population in the first place. All workers must have equal rights, except for certain critical occupations that need to provide services round the clock, e.g. Police, SAF, Hospitals. Even then, the only curtailment of their rights would be that of carrying out a full-blown strike, they may still be allowed partial strikes or work-slow or essential services only actions.

Anyway, I don't believe any political party will be able to turn the clock back and still hold power unscathed. Sinkieland is too far down the path of being dependent on foreigners for its daily operations. The only viable option is a slow tightening of restrictions in allowing foreigners in. This would not result in any significant change immediately and may even cause the economy to stagnate for ages. This is what happens with a one-party state, there is a natural tendency to overdo things until there is no way to turn things around. You solve one problem by introducing another possibly bigger problem down the road.