• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Confirmed: SG is world soccer (kelong) power! Govt must be proud!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Corruption and match-fixing in international soccer are far more organized and widespread than previously known and reach to the very upper echelons of the world’s most popular sport, European police authorities said Monday.

Releasing the findings of an 18-month probe that they said threaten the very integrity of the game, officials from Europol, the European Union’s joint police organization, said a crime syndicate based in Singapore was involved in fixing the results of nearly 700 games in Europe, Africa, Asia and Latin America between 2008 and 2011.

They said the corruption reached the sport’s three biggest competitions, the UEFA Champions League and qualifying games for the European Championship and the World Cup, a quadrennial tournament watched on television by hundreds of millions of people around the world.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...5fb818-6efe-11e2-b35a-0ee56f0518d2_story.html

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
yah lah hor, who said Singapore got no talent. When LKY can built Singapore from fishing village to firs world country, Singaporeans can do anything that make money, Many Singaporeans are highly military trained personel, very discipline type and that make them different.

Kelong is the game SAF teaches you to 'keng' how not to get caught but have an edge over others.

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
we are attracting all the foreign fugitives and criminal elements to town.......it's only right some will rub off on sinkies.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure last season's final game between Man City and QPR was definitely kelong

Trailing all the way until 2 goals in injury time won them the title?? Too obvious liao!

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm sure last season's final game between Man City and QPR was definitely kelong

Trailing all the way until 2 goals in injury time won them the title?? Too obvious liao!

If man utd were to win the title last season, many bookies will bleed heavily.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If man utd were to win the title last season, many bookies will bleed heavily.

I believe the plate must have been open right up until Man U match ended.. Bookies and Mancini must have made a killing that day.

If I were the FA, I would definitely investigate that match!

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe the plate must have been open right up until Man U match ended.. Bookies and Mancini must have made a killing that day.

If I were the FA, I would definitely investigate that match!

In HK, when people mentioned about football corruption, the first name that pops out is Man Utd.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yah lah hor, who said Singapore got no talent. When LKY can built Singapore from fishing village to firs world country, Singaporeans can do anything that make money, Many Singaporeans are highly military trained personel, very discipline type and that make them different.

Kelong is the game SAF teaches you to 'keng' how not to get caught but have an edge over others.

Is Suarez a SINgaporean?? SAF teaches all the "National Slaves" to skive & dive...we are lumpar one in skiving & diving!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore: 2-in-1 sports hub and financial hub.

Aren't you proud of this cuntry?

A round of applause, please.

joker.gif

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually, i'm quite surprised that the $ value profit is something like US$10m only in view of the scale of the operations.....something not quite right...

evisionary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore educational system always encourage our youths to think big but never give us the chance to do Big with our Talent! Only let Singapore Pools open odds for Football legally, the bookies has been doing it for years before they snatch the profitable game from the "Private" sector.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore educational system always encourage our youths to think big but never give us the chance to do Big with our Talent! Only let Singapore Pools open odds for Football legally, the bookies has been doing it for years before they snatch the profitable game from the "Private" sector.

Singapore pools are very kiasi. Look at the type of plates and odds being offered. Really vomit lah.

Enforcer

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Liverpool have been thrust into a worldwide match-fixing scandal, with reports emerging that European law enforcement agency Europol are investigating Hungarian side Debrecen after a 2009 Champions League clash.

Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet stated on Monday evening that sources within Europol had confirmed to them that Debrecen were under investigation for their 1-0 loss at Anfield in a group stage match. It is said goalkeeper Vukasin Poleksic was approached to let in at least three goals in order to trigger an 'over 2.5 goals' bet, but on the night Dirk Kuyt's strike was all that separated the teams.

Further to the report, Poleksic received a two-year ban from UEFA for failing to report a match-fixing approach later in the group stage when the Hungarians went down 4-3 to Fiorentina. The Daily Telegraph newspaper claims German police have already established that match was subject to match-fixing from a Croatian-led crime syndicate.

There have been no reports linking Liverpool to any wrongdoing in their fixture, and the club say they have had no official contact from the authorities.

"Liverpool Football Club has not been contacted by anyone from Europol or Uefa in relation to this matter," a club statement said.

The Football Association echoed those sentiments, claiming they are not aware of any matches in England which may be under investigation at present.

"The FA are not aware of any credible reports into suspicious Champions League fixtures in England, nor has any information been shared with us," it said.

Meanwhile, FIFA's head of security and a former Interpol official, Ralf Mutschke, has called for harsh sentences for anyone found guilty in this match-fixing scandal.

"Match-fixing and match-manipulation is a global problem and is not going to go away tomorrow," he explained in the Guardian. Mutschke added that "a member of the football family" can be banned for life by FIFA, while "for people outside of football, the custodial sentences are too weak, and offer little to deter someone from getting involved in match-fixing".

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.playthegame.org/news/det...of-major-match-fixing-investigation-5541.html

In the run up to the news conference, Canadian author and match-fixing expert Declan Hill commended the investigators on their work, but added that:

The networks that the police have identified in superb investigations is, for the most part, linked to Asian fixers. Dan Tan is the alleged leading figure of these fixers. The Singapore government has refused to serve an arrest warrant against him. They have given him literally months of time to possibly destroy evidence and phone records.”

“For Europol to be taken as a credible investigation one of their officials must state their frustration with the Singaporeans. Otherwise, they have only identified half the network,” Declan Hill stated on his blog.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.howtofixasoccergame.com/blog/?p=319

Another ‘I Told You So’ Moment
Europol Press Conference on Match-Fixing

First, the good news. This is good news! Forget the ‘black day for European Football’ comments. Fixing and corruption has been going on in football for a long time. Long before ‘The Fix’ revealed the existence of this network, these fixers have been working throughout the sport to destroy its credibility. Finally, there are serious, good police investigators taking a long, hard and critical look at the dark centre of the sport.

Second, what is surprising is not specific matches, but the sheer scale of the number of matches fixed. Forget the stuff about Champions League or games in the UK. The important point was that Europol estimates that 150 international matches in Asia, Africa and Latin America were fixed in two years. Note – these are not club matches, but games between national teams. 150 of these types of matches in two years is a fair proportion of the total number of all international matches of this type. If I were a football fan in any of those continents I would be furious with my national football authorities for allowing such a high-level of corruption to exist. I would also be asking which football officials knew what and when – to pretend that someone inside the football world did not know about this level of corruption is unbelievable.

Three, the absolutely important point is that we know what is going on and who is responsible. Asian criminals have been traveling all over the world fixing sports in our countries. These are not ‘mysterious’, ‘unknown’ people. The alleged ringleaders are very well-known. If you have read my last blogs you know that the Singaporean government has refused to arrest one of the alleged chiefs of the fixers. It is time to consider banning Singapore from international football until they honour an Interpol arrest warrant and arrest one of their own.

Last edited:

lesMISERABLES

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have read my last blogs you know that the Singaporean government has refused to arrest one of the alleged chiefs of the fixers. It is time to consider banning Singapore from international football until they honour an Interpol arrest warrant and arrest one of their own.

Perhaps GoldenDragon or scroobal could shed some light on this. Is it true that the Singaporean government has refused to co-operate with Interpol/Europol?