• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freedom2005sg, Finally you can heave a sign of relief, you have been thinking hard for past weeks on which project to pick up...

Now I'm vested in Zone A and Zone B.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol aunty thanks

now I can move on with my life..lol

what about you? going to get any property in jb? or got already?

Freedom2005sg, Finally you can heave a sign of relief, you have been thinking hard for past weeks on which project to pick up...

Now I'm vested in Zone A and Zone B.

OracleMasia

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.theiskandarian.com/web/index.php/news/item/203-sg-segget-boon-or-bane
42bfbea03cce865b2f6f3be1a87895b7_M.jpg

Johor Bahru City Centre (JBCC) is undergoing a makeover as the infamous Sungai Segget is being re-opened to be transformed and beautified

Iskandar Malaysia may only reach maturity by 2025, but come 2016, the community will already have a taste of how a city benchmarked by international liveable cities has to offer, especially along Jalan Wong Ah Fook, right at the heart of Johor Bahru (JB) city.
This is resulting from the completion of the Sungai Segget Beautification project, which involves re-opening the infamous Sungai Segget. Launched in 2013, this project is a key component in the JB Transformation blueprint developed by Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA).
The task of monitoring the implementation of this mammoth project was handed to both IRDA and the Johor Bahru City Council (MBJB).
The reason spurring this RM270million transformation came when Johor Bahru city saw a decline in both residents and tourists’ volume and started to show signs of urban decay. The drop in numbers began when Johor State Administrative offices were relocated from JB town to Kota Iskandar in Nusajaya in 2009.
In 2005, Sungai Segget was covered up as a short-term measure to ensure odour and pollution of the river was contained above the ground. However, it was realised eventually that the odour could not be contained via a quick fix and a more comprehensive strategy was needed to have a permanent solution.
In late 2013, the revivification of Sungai Segget commenced with Phase 1 of the project involving the development of an Integrated Water Treatment Plant to achieve a Class II B water quality for the river. This means the water will be safe for recreational purposes, allowing skin contact without any harm.
The second phase will include the development of a flood mitigation system and the beautification of Jalan Wong Ah Fook. Upon completion, the entire Johor Bahru City Centre will be transformed into the new green lung of the city.
In an exclusive briefing to The Iskandarian, Datuk Ismail Ibrahim, Chief Executive of IRDA said the Sungai Segget revitalisation initiative was a catalyst project and its success would be an enabler for the whole transformation plan.
He further added, “We need a showcase project that will beautify the entire appearance of the city centre to show people the potential that JB has.”
Under the blueprint, Jalan Wong Ah Fook will be renewed and beautified. Plaza Seni and the facades of old shop houses will have a refurbished new look with an even population density. Upon completion of the project, the residents and visitors or JB city should have a safe and conducive haven to live and conduct their business.
Pedestrian-friendly bridges will be built for pedestrians to cross the river and extensive walkways will be created for easy access.
Jalan Wong Ah Fook however will be downsized to two lanes as the transformation work progresses. Buses will no longer be permitted to operate in Jalan Wong Ah Fook by the end of this year and will be re-routed to JB Sentral.
During the JB Transformation Open Day in 2013, Johor Menteri Besar Dato’ Mohamed Khaled Nordin said that the rehabilitation works of Sungai Segget into the new 1.2km waterway in the city would turn it into the ‘Gem of Johor Bahru City’ and a new tourist attraction.
IRDA further explained that traffic congestion would not be a concern as the major cause of congestion was due to buses and irresponsible drivers who park haphazardly and double park by the roadside to run their errands.
During a three-day simulation conducted by IRDA last year, buses were diverted away from Jalan Wong Ah Fook and it was ascertained that with proper enforcement and coordination, traffic can be well MANAGED . Once in effect, Jalan Wong Ah Fook will only be available for use by personal vehicles and ‘JB Dihatiku’ city buses operated by MBJB.
To address whether the transformation will have a positive spin on the economy, IRDA provided The Iskandarian with details on NEW BUSINESSES mushrooming in JB town. Ever since the word on JB Transformation got around to potential investors and stakeholders, JB town has seen a 73% increase in business activity with 69 submissions of new development with big names like Komtar JBCC, Suasana UMLand and Double Tree Hilton snapping up prime locations.
JB town has seen numerous flash floods over the years and with the transformation, flash floods will be curbed and will no longer be a major concern. JB Transformation is now perceived to be a catalytic project that will not only revive JB town but also boost the economic growth of the region. More opportunities arise as many activities can be done in this new development and the immediate and future effects are imminent.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not yet...still looking..

Btw, are your properties thru bank loan or your own cash? If bank loan, can share which is your bank and which bank you think give the best offers?

QUOTE=freedom2005sg;2060470]lol aunty thanks

now I can move on with my life..lol

what about you? going to get any property in jb? or got already?[/QUOTE]

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have open a UOB a/c at City Square thru recommendation from those familiar with JB banks..

I have place RM30k to buy a lot of hotel room in Malacca..it will give me RM$1.8k pa and at the end of 5 years, I must sell back the lot to developer and it will give buyers $6k profit...I have went to sign SPA already...

I have also place 20% deposit on 2 units of a Philippine project of students dormitory...it can give 8% return yearly cos they are in university belt, recession proof. Almost fully sold..when I got to know, this SG agent left 7 units...he is selling me at launch price of S$44k, the current selling price is already S$50k...most probably I will sell them before TOP...

Borrow from the developers’ panel banks of the project.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have place RM30k to buy a lot of hotel room in Malacca..it will give me RM$1.8k pa and at the end of 5 years, I must sell back the lot to developer and it will give buyers $6k profit...I have went to sign SPA already...

I have also place 20% deposit on 2 units of a Philippine project of students dormitory...it can give 8% return yearly cos they are in university belt, recession proof. Almost fully sold..when I got to know, this SG agent left 7 units...he is selling me at launch price of S$44k, the current selling price is already S$50k...most probably I will sell them before TOP...

This kind of buy back schemes are really nothing new and usually happen when the market is sluggish and developers have problems raising capital or funds.
There were times when the funds raised were used for other purposes.
I always consider such products risky but I hope you had read the fine print carefully and look out for hidden cost or clauses to your disadvantage
Just make very sure that the developers are reputable and reliable and sometimes anything which looks too good to be true probably is too good to be true.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thks Snowbird for advise..the developer is reputable but nevertheless, any investment carry an element of risk...

This kind of buy back schemes are really nothing new and usually happen when the market is sluggish and developers have problems raising capital or funds.
There were times when the funds raised were used for other purposes.
I always consider such products risky but I hope you had read the fine print carefully and look out for hidden cost or clauses to your disadvantage
Just make very sure that the developers are reputable and reliable and sometimes anything which looks too good to be true probably is too good to be true.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have open a UOB a/c at City Square thru recommendation from those familiar with JB banks..

Usually when projects are vigorously advertised overseas, the market is moving towards the peak. Foreigners also need to manage forex, interest rates and additional taxes.

For the Melaka investment, it may be better to own the actual unit rather than a share of it, and part of the $1.8k p.a. and $6k returns may have come from your $30k share. Just make sure the developer is reputable and still around to honor the contract. More MY developers are now delaying or cancelling the projects without informing owners.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
KSL NEW Projects

See first before you buy. Here's the link:

https://www.facebook.com/KSLDInspireResidence/?ref=bookmarks

Hi All, Gong Xi Fa Cai.....

For some reasons, besides D Inspire, I also back out another JB project , and I pay some admin charges....

Recently attend ST Property and was introduced hotel units at Medini...selling at 646sq ft for $880k, given 20% rebate. A SG agent say no point buying...Although near LEGOLAND, the potential crowd is limited. Can I have your views on hotel investment at Medini?