• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Condo Supply: Total no. of units in the pipeline.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi guys

What are the condos that are near to Tesco and Aeon and available for purchase to Singaporeans now?

Also, for rental to tenants at 2nd link, is landed property a better buy or a condo a better buy?
If landed, can recommend any project that is still available at the RM500K mark for Singaporeans?

Thanks.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, for those thinking of buying Malaysian properties, I share with you all what someone wrote in another forum which I find it a sound advice:-

Profit? What profit? You mean if you are selling off your unit for a price between RM500,000 to RM1,000,000 the locals will buy it? They can get the same type of unit at a far more competitive prices than what you offer.

If you want to sell your unit at more than RM1,000,000, do you think the foreigners are willing to pay for a second-hand unit when they can easily buy another brand new unit for about the same price now. They are spoilt for choices.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
One can consider renting to mitigate risk. Buy when recession hit..........
Applicable to Sg property too.

Last edited:

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought my 1st property and plenty of SGX(cash and CPF) counter during 1998/9 Asian Financial Crisis when STI is 800. Same during 2003 SARS and 2009 Sub Prime. I enjoy ridiculous prices. Looking forward to next.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're a genius. Haha.
Well done.
I also did some but it's difficult to be a contrarian during those times. Easy to see on hind sight.

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sounds like retired already...must be really enjoying life...care to share which properties you already bought in Malaysia?

I bought my 1st property and plenty of SGX(cash and CPF) counter during 1998/9 Asian Financial Crisis when STI is 800. Same during 2003 SARS and 2009 Sub Prime. I enjoy ridiculous prices. Looking forward to next.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sounds like retired already...must be really enjoying life...care to share which properties you already bought in Malaysia?

Yes, I already retired. No commitment yet although I had seen many developments from Adda Height to Bukit Indah to Leisure Farm etc with limited interest because of the distance. Then I came across a news article by The Star, March19 .2014 that a Guangzhou R&F bought land at the old CIQ which I told myself it will be ideal because of the close proximity to Sg coupled with the convenience of a RTS/Thomson Line link. Purpose of my future purchase is (1) weekend resort (2) the secured car park will be for my new J-Plate continental wheels then I will dump my over priced, high maintenance S-Plate Japanese made.

Last edited:

AUNTY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...good idea...Malaysian cars have no COE so are cheaper and then you can drive into SG.. so I guess you no need bank loan since you have good foresight in your investments...?

Yes, I already retired. No commitment yet although I had seen many developments from Adda Height to Bukit Indah to Leisure Farm etc with limited interest because of the distance. Then I came across a news article by The Star, March19 .2014 that a Guangzhou R&F bought land at the old CIQ which I told myself it will be ideal because of the close proximity to Sg coupled with the convenience of a RTS/Thomson Line link. Purpose of my future purchase is (1) weekend resort (2) the secured car park will be for my new J-Plate continental wheels then I will dump my over priced, high maintenance S-Plate Japanese made.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi. Wish to hear opinions from those who have rented out their units.

Consider these 3 condos

1. D Ambience (Jalan Permas) - IJM Land - Freehold
2. M Condo (Larkin) - MB Group - leasehold
3. Meridin Bayvue (Sierra Perdana) - Mah Sing Group - Freehold
4. The Aliff (Tampoi) - MB Group - Leasehold

Which is the easiest to rent out? Why?

Is Freehold necessarily better than leasehold? And why?

Thanks.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi which area might have oversupply of condo?

What about the Masai, PG area?

Pls share.

Thanks.

I did my own compilation a few months and concluded something, then posted e prediction in another forum, and kenna whacked by another forum member who didn't want to hear any of it :*:

By e way, my method includes e locations n year of VP, so I roughly know which area in which year might face over supply. Ur data is more up to date n probably can give a more accurate picture than mine.

But be careful u r stirring hornets' nests.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
So now getting a condo in Iskandar is either for
- own stay
- or renting out

Selling is a very risky proposition.

Thus the ability to rent out becomes the prime consideration for investment.

Hi, for those thinking of buying Malaysian properties, I share with you all what someone wrote in another forum which I find it a sound advice:-

Profit? What profit? You mean if you are selling off your unit for a price between RM500,000 to RM1,000,000 the locals will buy it? They can get the same type of unit at a far more competitive prices than what you offer.

If you want to sell your unit at more than RM1,000,000, do you think the foreigners are willing to pay for a second-hand unit when they can easily buy another brand new unit for about the same price now. They are spoilt for choices.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Careful of KSL developer.

They kind of took away the "land" meant for the owners of D Esplanade Residence at KSL City and turned it into a Dinosaur Water Theme Park when the original brochure stated other things. Got dispute.

Maybe D Secret wont have problems as there is no conflict of interest with any hotel/mall side.

Just 2 days ago, agents recommend 8 Tebrau (very near CIQ),Botanika Phase 2(launching in Sept 14) and D Secret (3 br int'l lots running out)...Botanika need more $$ + no furniture, D Secret pricing seems affordable but I didn't confirm with agents...Anybody can give opinion about Botanika and D Secret?

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
But basing on psf alone is not as straight forward right?

Like Tri Tower huat liao coz the new RTS station confirmed is at Bukit Chagar, within walking distance from MB Land's Tri Tower. So psf sure shoot up.

Some condos still selling at RM400++ psf but are leasehold or untested area.

Shctaw, what do you think of Meridin Bayvue and D Ambience? Which is more rentable?

In a bull run; price will go up regardless how many condos in the pipeline.
When market crash; even there are no development; price still go down.

If you worry this and worry that; you are just giving yourself a reason not to buy......
Then I suggest.... don't buy.

During Singapore bull run; the most number of condo in the pipe line is during 2006.... that is the best time to buy.

However you should open your eye and compare..........example.....

WF Tower RM1500 psf
TriTower RM1400 psf
Astaka RM1300 psf
Sky 88 RM1400 psf
Pinnacle RM700 psf

Sometime property investment is such a simple game......

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was thinking, even though it looks daunting, Country Garden and Puteri Cove psf so dam high, they would be impossible to rent out, only for the rich. But if the rich can rent, why would they want to rent? They can buy too.

That means even if 10,000 China units come online, they are mostly automatically cut out as rentable units as others would prefer to pay much less rental with journey times of maybe 10-15 mins more inland into JB eg. M Condo, KSL D Esplanade Residence and others with less PSF.

What are your thoughts on these?

With another mega PRC project on Danga Bay by Greenland coming up soon and the recent launched R&F Puteri Cove, add another 10,000 condo units!!!
Those who needs rental to service the loan, BAD NEWS!!!

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Snowbird,

What are your thoughts on the rental market for D Ambience and Meridin Bayvue these 2 condos? Any optimism on them?

Fair or not, with so many units coming on within the next 3 years and coupled with the already dismay rental market, its still a glut and a massive one too.
As I have mentioned, its not a problem for owner stay ones but those jumping onto the bandwagon with eyes closed and thinking the yield from rental can service their loan will be extremely disappointed.
And if situation get really bad, you'll begin to see bank repossession and LELONG LELONG all over the place.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Permas Jaya area has a Japanese expat population. But where there is gold, developers will go there.

I think there are some condos building up at Permas Jaya area. Some competition would be stiff too.

And then there are KL people moving to JB and working at Pasir Gudang. So any condos near Pasir Gudang will be targeting these people.

If anyone has a rental chart on the various areas in JB, pls share.

Landed, if in desirable area, still can and landed seldom depreciate too much unless of cos you buy at its peak.
Mid range condo, just be very careful because of the massive volume now in the market.
Shops and offices, especially in the suburb, is a total glut, need to study the location and its neighboring built-up extremely carefully.
Had anyone really look into the rental market as who are these would be tenants?
I was told that a large portion of tenants are actually Malaysians from other states working in JB or SG and are not big spenders on rental.
As for expatriates market, are there many in JB??