• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Compare your monthly utilities bill

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The $40 to $50 is based on estimate I saw from the energy saving stickers at Best Denki. The energy saving fridges were listed to use about $480 to over $500 a year so that means $40 to $50 a month.

You believe those stickers??? no wonder the PxP people can pull wool over you, people eyes...anyway, go get the cards from Stinkpower, like I had mentioned & do your readings & COMPARE...

do a list of electrical appliances you have & how many are turn on 24 hrs/365... & list down all those are used on a regular basis, & narrow down the one that consume electricity most....certainly, it would not be the fridge....one of the chief suspect would be the washer that comes hot water & dryer or

your fridge..is the 6 doors type, that had ice maker..cold water on tap..connects to the internet & have a LCD display in the front.....$170 a month is helluva lot..do you have a Baby Baling over at home?? that uses a 35amp plug or anything that is higher than 15amp??

hmmmm!!

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Average fridge consume electricity about $20/month( Those with 2 door).
Those electricity bill less than $200. Mostly are without aircon or seldom use aircon.

Those with aquarium with have extra $50 on average. If sea fish/salt water fish it will be extra $200 because of the filter and chiller.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
About 90-110 bucks.

How does Halsey keep it at $50???

By the way, I thought there's competition for utilities? Why do I have to use SP?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
About 90-110 bucks.

How does Halsey keep it at $50???

By the way, I thought there's competition for utilities? Why do I have to use SP?

Very conservatively....standing fans & ceiling fans are used to cool, though there is a good quality muliti room aircond, used only when days are extremely muggy, the oven is use only for baking & that is not so often..TV viewing is nil...mostly cable & that, is disciplined...it is around $50..or slightly more to $60 or $70....but $50 can be managed...I have resisted in getting an audiophile stereo & a home theater system for a long time...so without that....one can easily manage the $50 bill not kidding...all are working adults..so most of the electricity is used in the work place...heh heh, charge your phones, ipads etc..at the office before coming home... btw competition is for commercial users....normal cosnumers are still F$#$%^ by stinkpower.... any competition is all hogwash...you believe all these!!

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very conservatively....standing fans & ceiling fans are used to cool, though there is a good quality muliti room aircond, used only when days are extremely muggy, the oven is use only for baking & that is not so often..TV viewing is nil...mostly cable & that, is disciplined...it is around $50..or slightly more to $60 or $70....but $50 can be managed...I have resisted in getting an audiophile stereo & a home theater system for a long time...so without that....one can easily manage the $50 bill not kidding...all are working adults..so most of the electricity is used in the work place...heh heh, charge your phones, ipads etc..at the office before coming home... btw competition is for commercial users....normal cosnumers are still F$#$%^ by stinkpower.... any competition is all hogwash...you believe all these!!

It's the aircon part I find amazing. Aircon uses so much electricity and the weather now is ridiculously humid that I have to use the aircon every night. I watch a lot of tv so I guess that contributes much as well?

Wow $50! Still amazed.

Timerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the aircon part I find amazing. Aircon uses so much electricity and the weather now is ridiculously humid that I have to use the aircon every night. I watch a lot of tv so I guess that contributes much as well?

Wow $50! Still amazed.

Maybe his thermostat at 25 deg. And then he might be living in one of those new super small hdb rooms.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
$70+. Seldom on my lights other than a few LED spotlights to shine on the wall art pieces.

Other than that majority of my bill come from the fridge, shower heater. Air-con only use when needed.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe his thermostat at 25 deg. And then he might be living in one of those new super small hdb rooms.

I adjust mine to 25 deg too. And switch off all the mains when I leave home. Still cant imagine why its 90+ too though. Maybe its the TV. It's on the moment I reach home at around 7 til 12mn.