• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Company politics and situations

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hiya everybody out there would like to share some incidents at my workplace that happened years ago and present maybe we can have a laugh or discuss what is the right course of action :biggrin: BTW if you have any working incidents or company politics and would like to share please be kind enough to add in.
Incident 1:
Supervisor from another department demanded that we should follow what he says. So my answer was I would be happy to follow out your instructions but it would take lots of man hours and usage of company's resources could you please speak to my direct supervisor before I carry out? His reply was I don't want to speak to that STUPID MAN but still insist that we carry out his orders. So I ask you now what would you have done?
1) Just follow and do what he ordered.
2) Don't do 1st get permission from your sup 1st.
3) None of the above

Incident 2:
A senior worker done a mess of the job he was doing and pushed the blame to another staff. You know about it and you know the truth what would you do?
1) Keep quiet and pretend you did't hear anything about it.
2) Tell the other staff that the sr is putting the blame on him and letting him eat dead cat.
3) Confront the sr and make sure he knows that everybody knows who created that mess.

Incident 3:
A worker after working on ( Eg. a plane ) and packed up his tools. The next day a tool was found missing and that worker was the last one to touch it. After hunting high and low that tool could not be found and he said out loud " I most likely left the tool on the ( Eg. plane ) ". Now as a fellow worker and someone asked you what happened to that tool what would be your reply?
1) I don't know.
2) That worker say he most likely left it on that plane.
3) Go ask that worker lor how should I know.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
My answer:

Incident 1 -

2) Don't do 1st get permission from your sup 1st.

Let them fight. :cool:

Incident 2 -

Difficult to answer

Incident 3 -

1) I don't know.

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
no matter where you works,either in public or private sector,there is also office's politics esp those higher.
these is what they do best.
just stay clear if possible and do not get involve.

Pica_NA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incident 1
Answer: 2

Incident 2
Answer: 2 & 3 [Make sure that senior worker enjoy his own fruit...]

Incident 3
Answer: 1 & 3 [I don't know lar, Go ask him lar, how should I know.. kaoz..]

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah lao, where got model answer. In company politics, always must noe who is more powerful. If you are at the bottom of the line, it is always your fault. I always tell my colleagues, our main fault is, we are not the boss. Top of the chain. When you shit, the ppl at the below you will be smeared. Credit, you take. If you are at the bottom, then all the shit drops on you. Just take care that you dun drown. :cool:

qwerty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Incident1
2)

Incident 2
Depends on relationship
Closer to sr staff, 3)
Closer to jr staff, 2)
not close to anyboy, bochap 3)

Incident 3
3)