• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Commando was activated to arrest Bei Hoon Kia

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
flat01a.jpg

Kudos to our own elite SOF team in taking down one opposition cocksucker. Sinkies can sleep safe knowing that our security forces are more than able to handle terrorist threats.

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers Narong and Papsmearer.

I heard previously that you need to be a little unhinged to be in SOF.

Either that or the training makes some of your screws loose.

Besides the SQ hijack, has the SOF been involved in any other situations?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Cheers Narong and Papsmearer.

I heard previously that you need to be a little unhinged to be in SOF.

Either that or the training makes some of your screws loose.

Besides the SQ hijack, has the SOF been involved in any other situations?

When i was in the SAF, I was arrowed to attend a SOF recruitment session. I don't know why, I never showed any interest in it and I was not in the Commandoes. My problem with the SOF at that time, was the dual role they had. One role was as a SAF pathfinder advance force, ala SEAL unit. i.e. to scout enemy beaches, prep them for amphibious assault and what not. This was their military role. Then they had a second role which was hostage rescue, eg plane hijacking, etc. This was a civilian role. My personal belief is that its already a full time job just to train for one role, I cannot believe that SOF are so talented they can train for both roles. eg The FBI Hostage Rescue Team does not go to Iraq for operations, and the SEAL team does not assault planes, trains or buildings to rescue hostages. Each role is dedicated to a different unit except in the case of the SOF. That tells me they cannot be trained to the extend they should be. But we will never know until some serious incidents happen and see how they perform. What really lost it for me was the talk about money. They were bragging about how much a corporal makes in the SOF and how some of them drove fancy cars. I was not interested in joining this sort of a unit where the personnel are motivated by money. Terrorists don't do it for money. Neither should anti terror teams. In the end, at the last minute, your comrade in arms might decide no amount of money is worth being shot by terrorists and the last thing you want is a team member with lack of conviction. Anyway all this was long time ago, the unit for sure has changed since then.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i was in the SAF, I was arrowed to attend a SOF recruitment session. I don't know why, I never showed any interest in it and I was not in the Commandoes. My problem with the SOF at that time, was the dual role they had. One role was as a SAF pathfinder advance force, ala SEAL unit. i.e. to scout enemy beaches, prep them for amphibious assault and what not. This was their military role. Then they had a second role which was hostage rescue, eg plane hijacking, etc. This was a civilian role. My personal belief is that its already a full time job just to train for one role, I cannot believe that SOF are so talented they can train for both roles. eg The FBI Hostage Rescue Team does not go to Iraq for operations, and the SEAL team does not assault planes, trains or buildings to rescue hostages. Each role is dedicated to a different unit except in the case of the SOF. That tells me they cannot be trained to the extend they should be. But we will never know until some serious incidents happen and see how they perform. What really lost it for me was the talk about money. They were bragging about how much a corporal makes in the SOF and how some of them drove fancy cars. I was not interested in joining this sort of a unit where the personnel are motivated by money. Terrorists don't do it for money. Neither should anti terror teams. In the end, at the last minute, your comrade in arms might decide no amount of money is worth being shot by terrorists and the last thing you want is a team member with lack of conviction. Anyway all this was long time ago, the unit for sure has changed since then.

Interesting. Let's wait for Kukubirdie to comment. I am sure he is au fait with this subject matter. He could have been a member of the SOF in the past. Is SOF school of faggots?

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset