• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

COMEX 2011 @ Suntec City, 1-4 Sep, ....report

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
okay...today Comex show start liao...for those who are interested to view the all exhibitors' brochures before going down....here are the links:

http://bootstrike.com/itfairsg/comex2011/?bydate#flyersListing

https://picasaweb.google.com/fuckwarezone.com/Comex2011

http://vr-zone.com/comex/pricelists

The highlight of this show must be the HP touchpad slashing its price down to ridculous level for limited number of set everyday for the 4 days shows...check out this report:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Science+and+Tech/Story/A1Story20110901-297254.html

I believe got ppl queuing up tonight. :biggrin:

See how these kiasu rushed for the touchpad when the door opens this morning:

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Gnh3BoUypcs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also, there are already complain of KELONG.... they start giving out the HP touchpad voucher at 8am this morning, but one of my friend who was in the queue noticed that the number is definitely less than 500....we suspect that the HP themselves had oredi taken a number of voucher for themselves..:mad:

Read this report posted in STOMP:
Just a 'gimmick': 200 HP TouchPads all sold out -- even before Comex opens

okay one very good news for me:

i7 core 2 generation is now selling below $1000 at $999 for one of acer and asus model...... but then the bad news is that the acer is sold at MC2 and the asus at Newstead...two of my blacklisted SLS retailers....now in the dilemna whether to buy from them or not?....If i wanto buy, i will probably buy asus, less problem...although only 500GB HDD compared to acer 650GB HDD, the asus model feels much more better,....acer throwing in 8GB ram, asus at 6GB but i haven't negotiate yet...still thinking....maybe on the last day of the show than decide.....the acer i saw at 4th level, while the asus is at 3rd level under the escalator....TAKE NOTE THAT BOTH MODELS ARE NOT FEATURED IN THE BROCHURE, YOU HAVE TO GO THERE TO LOOK AT IT IF YOU ARE INTERESTED...

LED monitors are dropping like crazy, i am getting a good one for my nephew.... recce all the brands and in the end, I will probably buy a DELL 23" Full HD LED for only $209 on Sunday becos they may drop the price at the last day of the show after 6pm.

Okay, for those of you going down, pls be reminded again of the following:

1) Check that all prices advertised are inclusive of GST
2) Check if they charged extra for using credit card or nets...if you are paying cash, draw your money first before you go down to Suntec City becos all the ATMs there got long queue...
3) If they tell you that they will upgrade the RAM for you, make sure they do it in front of you...also ask for name of the sales person who promise you the any upgrade
4) check and ask about the warranty.. like whether it is manufacturer warranty or retailers warranty...also whether it is on-site warranty or not...for eg Dell monitor is on-site warranty...
5) Dont forget to redeem your free gift.
6) For you laptop, check your configure before you go home, if it is stated 6gb ram or 1gb graphic card, switch on the computer and check the computer hardware properties to verify...

I thinks that it all for now....good luck on your shopping at COMEX...:biggrin: :biggrin::biggrin:

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very useful reminder list, Bus 64.

May I just add that it may be useful to have a photocopy of someone's student pass too - sometimes, they have special "student offers" which you may want to take advantage of. They just need it as "evidence".

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
touchpad flying off shelves at best buy and sold out in bay area at usd99. fire sale. lai ah! lelong lelong.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh yeah...forgot one more thing...fucking cheebye SMRT put up a notice outside the mrt station that 32" TV and other bulkly electronic items are not allow on the train......for those driving, parking is a nightmare so u have to park somewhere away....cab queue is so damn long....bus is also not convenient if u carrying a 32" TV....

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very useful reminder list, Bus 64.

May I just add that it may be useful to have a photocopy of someone's student pass too - sometimes, they have special "student offers" which you may want to take advantage of. They just need it as "evidence".

old man like me donch think pass as a student leh.. :biggrin:...even got some "paikia" here wanto "break my limb" liao...i so scared....LOL

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
where r chio bu peektures? ... :confused:

iz2fkw.jpg

15gt5s8.jpg

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
old man like me donch think pass as a student leh.. :biggrin:...even got some "paikia" here wanto "break my limb" liao...i so scared....LOL

Don't worry about it Bus, I've also given myself the same 24 hours to forget about it. If you post like that without getting anything personal, I'm sure that everybody will welcome you here. I remember we used to chat about Hatyai cheerfully. I really don't know what turned you into flaming me and others. If you don't like me or anyone else, just leave us alone and you'll still have your own space to post.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't worry about it Bus, I've also given myself the same 24 hours to forget about it. If you post like that without getting anything personal, I'm sure that everybody will welcome you here. I remember we used to chat about Hatyai cheerfully. I really don't know what turned you into flaming me and others. If you don't like me or anyone else, just leave us alone and you'll still have your own space to post.

okay lah okay lah...no more flaming lah.....peace lah....i onli here to tcss and share some of these stuff here lah...anyway i am giving hatyai a miss liao...my target is now HCM....everything so cheap, unbelievable...:biggrin:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
okay lah okay lah...no more flaming lah.....peace lah....i onli here to tcss and share some of these stuff here lah...anyway i am giving hatyai a miss liao...my target is now HCM....everything so cheap, unbelievable...:biggrin:

OK. :smile:

thumbnail.aspx

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol.... i saw uncle botak middy in the stampede ... :biggrin:

haha...uncle botak middaydog always queue and rush for dis kind of kangtao one...LOL

i din knoe uncle botak middaydog so short one?..shorter than the lady beside him... :biggrin:

2nc4802.jpg

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
im heading down to get a epson K200 printer.
before it was $268. now $238. 1 free cartridge. not bad lah.:biggrin:

Last edited:

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...uncle botak middaydog always queue and rush for dis kind of kangtao one...LOL

i din knoe uncle botak middaydog so short one?..shorter than the lady beside him... :biggrin:

2nc4802.jpg

lol ... there got a few of them la... duno which one...
got one quite old but run very fast into the crowd... lol :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
got one thin and tall also... lol ... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe the female promoter will let u press her breast...like dat consider freebie or not? :p
the brochures u posted helps and it can cut short my trip there.

if gt free touch neh neh, why not?:biggrin: the epson also gt show gal ah?

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT]
PLEASE BE REMINDED OF GST RULES!!!
DO NOT BE CHOPPED!

1) ONLY GST-registered companies can charge GST

2) GST registration number MUST be shown on invoice/receipt

3) Prices displayed in ANY form (printed/handwritten/ verbal) MUST include GST.

4) If you get a negative for any of the above, kindly PM me the vendor name/address/booth number.

You can also report a vendor for GST abuse (violation of any of the rules). Call directly at 1800 356 8633 For avoidance of doubts, here is the extract from IRAS website

gstjx.jpg