• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Come fly with me: Thai Smile sells plane tickets to Look Thep dolls

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
After getting their own restaurant meals, celebrity fans, and even arch enemies, Look Thep dolls can now count airplane flights among their privileges.
Thai Smile Airways will now allow passengers to buy tickets for the haunted dolls, allowing them to have their own seats on the plane and even get served food and drinks, Thai PBS reported.

An internal memo was recently issued by the airline to its employees advising them of the move.

"Look Thep is a doll who is alive." the note said. "Look Thep is a doll whose spirit was created to live in the doll and can be raised like a child. Owners can take them to travel."

Look Thep, or "Child God," are a popular superstitious trend among Thais, who believe they are possessed by a child's spirit.

Fans raise the dolls as their own children, taking them out in public and even buying them designer clothes in the belief they will bring them good luck.
Thai Smile Airways said it had decided to sell air tickets to the dolls, which it referred to as "Child Angels," after staff reported several passengers who took the dolls on vacation and were reluctant to put them in cargo hold.

Many would put the dolls on their laps and some asked plane staff to serve their "children" snacks and drinks, the airline said.

However there will be some restrictions on the dolls. They can't sit in the middle row or in emergency exit seats, which are reserved for passengers who need special assistance.
The airline memo also noted: "Look Thep must also fasten their seatbelts during departure and landing."
Check out Coconuts TV’s exclusive interview with Mae Ning, the Look Thep creator, who gave us a tour of her haunted dollhouse

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/01/26/come-fly-me-thai-smile-sells-plane-tickets-look-thep-dolls

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ST_20160126_SEDOLLS26A_2017338.jpg

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/thai-airline-to-issue-child-tickets-to-spirit-dolls

BANGKOK • A Thai airline will allow passengers to purchase seats for life-like dolls that their owners treat as real children because of their belief that they possess supernatural powers.

Thai Smile Airways, which is a part of national carrier Thai Airways International, said in an internal memo that dolls with tickets will be served snacks and drinks, though they will be barred from sitting in exit rows. Owners who take dolls on the plane without tickets will have them treated as carry-on luggage.

The dolls known as "luk thep", or child angels, have become increasingly popular in Thailand after several celebrities extolled their benefits.

The dolls, which can sell for hundreds of dollars, are thought to possess the spirits of child angels and their owners pamper them with brand-name clothes and accessories because of the belief that a well-cared-for doll will bring good fortune.

The memo from Thai Smile explains to staff that the luk thep dolls can be treated like children because they have undergone a "spiritualisation" process that breathes life into them.

In addition to being barred from exit rows, the dolls must also buckle up during take off and landing.

A Bangkok buffet restaurant is also running a special for the dolls.

"In the past month, more than 30 customers have brought their luk thep to eat at Neta Grill," the restaurant said on its Facebook page on Sunday.

"Neta Grill is open to all worshippers and we're glad to serve luk thep at children's prices on the condition that all of the food ordered is consumed."

BLOOMBERG

MovieStar

Alfrescian
Loyal
is this another type of kumantong?

probably

http://www.hungzai.com/raising-ghost-child/

I use to keep few Kumantong during my youngest days. Here some of my knowing and hope it will help you.

Age around 8mth to 7 yrs old. I actually “invited” them from Thailand temple and some given to me by monks.

How they made?

Monks or those evil priests will dig out the grave of the babies and either using they bones or hairs (sometime powder from the tombstone) to curve into amulets (babies) forms. For those unborn (meaning die inside the mother wombs) to about the age of one the amulets figure will be like a baby climbing on the floor sucking pacifiers (very cute), those age about 2 to 8 yrs old, the figuring is a stand up or sitting baby figure and some age about 6 – 8 you can see them carry a weapons like arrow and bow.

The evil type (which mean they can’t rest in peace) the monk will blindfold them in red cloth, these sorts will take years to wash away they hater and sin by chanting daily. And never let then taste blood or it will be very difficult to tame them.

Feeding – There are a few way to feed Kumantong.
a) Sweet (Change once the sweet turn soft)
b) Chocolates (Same as above)
c) Fresh milk (which you need to change daily)
d) Plain rice (No much people use this)
e) Hard boil egg, peel off the shell (Change it once the egg turn black)
b) Blood of the owner, everyday per drop (Mainly use for those Kumantong dead of unnatural dead. Like adoption, kill by parent once born etc. Because of “hate” the become unrest soul and unlikely to be reborn again unless someone do offering of chatting by high monks to rest they soul. These are more “evil” type of feeding process, but also most effecting type, they will follow the owner heart, if the owner is “evil” the Kumantong will become like oneself, if the owner heart if “kind” the Kumantong will be good and wait for his/her change to be reborn.

How to keep?

a) You must treat them like your own kids, they got feeling too and you need to teach them what right what wrong.
b) If you have evil though, they will sense it and follow your mindset. They will help you to do evil deeds, but remembered this that you will have to pay back so how.
c) If you have kind though, they will also behave like you, but they will also help you in the way that you will live a smooth life. They will help you to clear any obstruction in your path.
d) They can be naughty sometime just like kids, so you as the daddy or mummy must punish them according same goes if they been a good boy you must awards them like buying new toys, clothing, sweet etc.

How do I get rid of them?

a) Is not easy of get rid of them like items you just throw down to the bin chute.
b) You cannot just throw them under a tree or far away, because they like dog, no matter how far you throw them, they will “stiff” they way back to you and disturb you.
c) If you really wanted to disposal them, you must bring them to a temple (For me I bring them back to Thai Temple at Simpang Bedok), together you must bring new clothing, plenty of sweets, toys etc and go to find the monk “on duty” that day and tell them that you don’t want to keep anymore. They will help you to chat and place them on the offering tables (Which many others Kumantongs “friends” sitting there), then you place your offering to all the others Kumantongs which been there before yours and tell them to take care of yours Kumantongs and “help” them not to bully them. Is a sort of bribing to them?

I get rid of mine because they are damn naughty and hard to tame, very playful. But they do help me in many ways like money and relationship which I rather not go into details