• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cockup parenting Singapore style

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Poor examples of bad parenting Are a dim a dozen!

Like the child who uttered he want to fix the opposition ...
tis 1 goot leh ... really no horse run ...

poor papa so o oredi ... but he still want papa 2 nanny him ...

jw5

Loyal
Was at coffeeshop the other day and saw a not so young couple with a young son (at least 7 years old)

The couple was having their meals and the kid was playing his handheld game. It looks like the kid was supposed to eat but was more interested in his game because the father was trying to feed him. All this time the kid didn't even look up from his game while the stupid father was scooping porridge into the basterd's mouth. The stupid dad cannot even tell the son to stop and eat. At one point some of the congee got on his face (because the basterd wasn't even looking at what he was eating) and (without looking up) he said "HEY!", then the stupid father said "oh, sorry" and wiped his mouth for him. The basterd was still playing the game.

Is it just me, or is there something wrong with such parenting? What will our next generation become if all are like that?????
Is it possible that they were the grandparents?
This spoilt brat will grow up and become a menace to society. And it's the parents' / grandparents' fault.

jw5

Loyal
I tell you all a real life story. I was at a NTUC FairPrice trying to buy some instant noodles. I wasn't shopping or window-shopping, I simply wanted to buy some instant noodles and go. I knew what I wanted and headed straight for the shelves. There's a kid there (I guess about 5 to 7 year old, either kindergarten or primary one). He's squatting down there blocking the shelves holding what I wanted. So I said, in Chinese, translated to "excuse me little friend, can let me take a few packets?" The reply shot back at me shocked me, "can't you see I'm busy choosing?" Even more shocking was to follow up, "you not happy go talk to my father, wait he beats you up then you know." Suddenly, I was overwhelmed by a sense of patience instead of anger or urgency. I coolly walked away and looked for his father.

I found him in a matter of minutes. He's not a big man or of particularly hooligan-looking kind. I told him what his son told me. He apologised to me profusely but his rejoinder was telling, "kids don't know, we adults should know better."
The way I see it, this kid still has a chance. At least his father seems to be a sensible man.
If I were you that day, I would have told the kid that I saw his father running away. :smile:

jw5

Loyal
I have met well educated parents who have allowed kids to break open items in supermarkets and consume them.

Can't beat PRC parents - a small buffalo seated inside the trolley. I am talking about 7 to 8 year kids.
"Well educated" does not equal "well brought up".

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tell you all a real life story. I was at a NTUC FairPrice trying to buy some instant noodles. I wasn't shopping or window-shopping, I simply wanted to buy some instant noodles and go. I knew what I wanted and headed straight for the shelves. There's a kid there (I guess about 5 to 7 year old, either kindergarten or primary one). He's squatting down there blocking the shelves holding what I wanted. So I said, in Chinese, translated to "excuse me little friend, can let me take a few packets?" The reply shot back at me shocked me, "can't you see I'm busy choosing?" Even more shocking was to follow up, "you not happy go talk to my father, wait he beats you up then you know." Suddenly, I was overwhelmed by a sense of patience instead of anger or urgency. I coolly walked away and looked for his father.

I found him in a matter of minutes. He's not a big man or of particularly hooligan-looking kind. I told him what his son told me. He apologised to me profusely but his rejoinder was telling, "kids don't know, we adults should know better."

For those who can read Chinese, here's the original verbatim, unforgettable:

小朋友,可以先让我拿几包吗?

你没看到我在忙着选啊?

你不高兴可以去找我爸爸,他打你你你才知道。

小孩不懂事,大人就不要计较啦。

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
mayb u shud hv said 2 ze papa ...

得闲教下个仔,
唔好顾住打麻雀 ...
养不教,父之过 ...

I would prefer this one "好狗不挡路!"

Usual rules of engagement, first I treat you as a human, and if that fails, I will treat you like an animal.

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kids are little emperors nowadays. In the old games, no kid would even dare play a handheld game when it is time for dinner.

Let alone being smacked and caned if the kid is still holding on to it even for a glance.

mercbenz

Alfrescian
Loyal
If can confirm no CCTV around, maybe can kick the little shithead's backside? I'll love to kick the son and father around.

Life is boring, go kick someone.

Paiseh, that's the kind of shit I feel after reading about this kind of shit.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If can confirm no CCTV around, maybe can kick the little shithead's backside? I'll love to kick the son and father around.

Life is boring, go kick someone.

Paiseh, that's the kind of shit I feel after reading about this kind of shit.

Of course got CCTV camera points around. It's my neighourhood, I know where they are. If none around, you think I so free writing story here, I'll beat both father and son up and enjoying rolling the floor laughing :biggrin: while they struggle rolling on the floor can't get up. :eek:

SamuelStalin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course got CCTV camera points around. It's my neighourhood, I know where they are. If none around, you think I so free writing story here, I'll beat both father and son up and enjoying rolling the floor laughing :biggrin: while they struggle rolling on the floor can't get up. :eek:

You mean it's Gotcha 24/7? Moe Alkaff's legacy will forever be remembered.

fox_hound_33

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you folks are thinking that the influx of FT is bad now, just wait until these kids and teens enter the job market. It's these little, spoilt, arrogant brats that will be shouldering the future of Singapore in 10-15 years time. With the manner they are being raised i don't think they are going to add any value to the society or the economy of Singapore. Already employers have a bias towards FT saying that Singaporeans are too lazy, pampered, fussy (choose more adjectives as you please).....They are just going to have more reasons to import more FT.

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of asshole here in this forum are also brought up that way.... thus you see them whining, cursing, blaming everyone except their parent and themselves.....:rolleyes: