• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cny deep thoughts - Is it ok to retire with these restrictions

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My parents spoilt my vision for arts. After GCE O level I wanted to enroll for Kimarie hair and beauty training centres to be a high class barber but my parent rejected it without giving any chance. At that age I already knew that we should try to avoid studying for something that everyone was vying for. I had no choice to go for a stewpig academic cert that I did not put into good use throughout my failed career. When I had the capabilities to go for those courses on my own, I was already a man with stiff hands . Do you think a middle age person still can pickup barber skills ?

Our parents back then, do not appreciate things that we want to do & good at....they are so 'educated' by the PAP, that their eyes, ' ta stamp' & see only MONEY......I wanted to be a Botanist....but, there is no money in that, they said....think of all the possibilities of making money out of fools, with that qualification...'environmentalist'..etc...just bullshit about climate changes, etc...make millions...

The point is....in the past....getting a qualification is about getting one to MAKE MONEY..

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On deeper thoughts, I just need a superb and nice looking smart phone to retire. I spent lots of time with it than anything else.
Watch movies and concerts, play games, play music, surf net n sbf,chat, shopping, gamble , pcc all using that smartphone. I believe many people do the same .

Last edited:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
On deeper thoughts, I just need a superb and nice looking smart phone to retire. I spent lots of time with it than anything else.
Watch movies and concerts, play games, play music, surf net n sbf,chat, shopping, gamble , pcc all using that smartphone. I believe many people do the same .

That's a pretty sad retirement.

If you can't or have no intention to get a part-time job, at least spend more of your time doing something active like brisk walking and volunteering. Being lost in your handphone and shutting out people is a pretty sad way to retire.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a pretty sad retirement.

If you can't or have no intention to get a part-time job, at least spend more of your time doing something active like brisk walking and volunteering. Being lost in your handphone and shutting out people is a pretty sad way to retire.

Better to coupled it with a pt job. Your advise on doing pt job is best for me. Although not easy to find but I will go towards this direction. Thanks.