• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNA debate just ended - share your view

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDA the malay chap - nailed the point but not very expressive. Malay should learn to pick up their
English Standard otherwise they lose out in debate like this.

SDP Vincent - outstanding performer, cool and calm like Dr Chee.

SPP Lina Chiam - did not quite deliver, under a lot of stress in her first show. Partly due to her age
too so she has to rely on her own template for answer

WP Gerald Chiam - Another excellent performer, like Vincent, spoke his mind freely and did not
falter.

PAP Josephine - Seemed like she already knew the question behand from CNA and able to
read smoothly like a story teller. Than again, her words did not reflect the same
sentiment faced from the ground.

PAP Tharman - First time seeing him flipping his own template restlessly, I bet this is the first time
he had such hold-no-bar debates and I almost thought I saw him perspering.
Again, quoting and comparing statistics with other countries, apple and orange are
the same to him. Bull-shitting his way thru the whole forum.

Moderator Melisa Hiak - She makes the whole forum "NERVOUS", with a stop watch on her head
and I thought Lina Chiam is going to die from heart attack from the race.

Overal CNA forum - WP and SDP scores pretty well
PAP - standard rhetorics of how PAP has "helped" Singaporeans.
SDA - expression issue, otherwise he did raise some valid points
SPP - failed together with PAP.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish Vincent spoke to someone before joining the party. We need people like him badly. Overall we got good material and hopefully more would come forward.

Force 136

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both the botak Indians performed well.

Mat .... so...so.. a bit more stress he will sure take drug....

Lina should confine herself to debates with housewives going to market.....

As usual only the Ah Nehs can bluff, shine, and get away with it....

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SDA the malay chap - nailed the point but not very expressive. Malay should learn to pick up their
English Standard otherwise they lose out in debate like this.

SDP Vincent - outstanding performer, cool and calm like Dr Chee.

SPP Lina Chiam - did not quite deliver, under a lot of stress in her first show. Partly due to her age
too so she has to rely on her own template for answer

WP Gerald Chiam - Another excellent performer, like Vincent, spoke his mind freely and did not falter.

PAP Josephine - Seemed like she already knew the question behand from CNA and able to
read smoothly like a story teller. Than again, her words did not reflect the same
sentiment faced from the ground.

PAP Tharman - First time seeing him flipping his own template restlessly, I bet this is the first time
he had such hold-no-bar debates and I almost thought I saw him perspering.
Again, quoting and comparing statistics with other countries, apple and orange are
the same to him. Bull-shitting his way thru the whole forum.

Moderator Melisa Hiak - She makes the whole forum "NERVOUS", with a stop watch on her head
and I thought Lina Chiam is going to die from heart attack from the race.

Overal CNA forum - WP and SDP scores pretty well
PAP - standard rhetorics of how PAP has "helped" Singaporeans.
SDA - expression issue, otherwise he did raise some valid points
SPP - failed together with PAP.

THE MALAY chap was "smart" in a way in that he was very focused in what he wanted to communicate. A good strategy for someone whose language skills are not good enough for a debate of such nature.

SDP VINCENT sneaked in at least two attacks on the ministers' salaries as well as comments on the Marxist consipiracy and the camera caught Thaman's surprised look. I will be watching the repeat to see if CNA edits that bit out. He should have mentioned the name of the SDP website and NOT slammed the MSM for ignoring his party's Shadow plans.

He was the best performer and had his selected facts at his finger tips. It was unfortunate that he had to wear a blue shirt - the sweaty area around his shirt's armpit area was expanding.

LINA came off badly and it is obvious that apart from not being well-prepped, she does not have the intellectual capability for such an exercise. She answered out of point on at least 2 occasions and I believe she lost concentration towards the end, resulting in Melissa repeating the questions and incorporating simpler vocabulary. Holding that crumpled sheaf of notes was a mistake. Her comments were typical wet market chatter.

PAP JOSEPHINE was obviously speaking from a prepared script. Her contrived manner (and of speech) and slightly off-cue responses where her script was of noo use indicated that she is not very intellectual either, slightly one notch ahead of Lina. Neatly fell into Vincent's trap of speaking first (when it was actually Vincent's turn) and was floored by the volley from him. Plus his (bonus) added advantage of having the last word. Ouch!

GERALD needs to brush up on his enunciation and to speak S-L-O-W-L-Y. He must remember that his objective is to communicate and not to tell a 99-chapter story in 2 minutes. Focus, focus, focus on the one/two points that he wants voters to remember.

That PAP needs to roll out Minister Tharman (and Josephine) is reflective of the quality of the current batch of MPs. The new ones ain't going to be better - remember, it was a General who overshot the YOG budget by 3.75 times and we have a couple more coming on stream. THARMAN obviously has sufficient statistics at his finger tips and able to flip back arguments with selected numbers which appears to have depth. Mediacorp should have a new person in the powder room backstage - they keep forgetting to powder his crowning glory (or lack of). In Parliament, I can accept but for a studio programme?

MELISSA performed fairly okay but the format leaves much to be desired and leaves one breathless. She speaks too fast and did not appear to be authoritative enough.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
THE MALAY chap was "smart" in a way in that he was very focused in what he wanted to communicate. A good strategy for someone whose language skills are not good enough for a debate of such nature.

SDP VINCENT sneaked in at least two attacks on the ministers' salaries as well as comments on the Marxist consipiracy and the camera caught Thaman's surprised look. I will be watching the repeat to see if CNA edits that bit out. He should have mentioned the name of the SDP website and NOT slammed the MSM for ignoring his party's Shadow plans.

He was the best performer and had his selected facts at his finger tips. It was unfortunate that he had to wear a blue shirt - the sweaty area around his shirt's armpit area was expanding.

LINA came off badly and it is obvious that apart from not being well-prepped, she does not have the intellectual capability for such an exercise. She answered out of point on at least 2 occasions and I believe she lost concentration towards the end, resulting in Melissa repeating the questions and incorporating simpler vocabulary. Holding that crumpled sheaf of notes was a mistake. Her comments were typical wet market chatter.

PAP JOSEPHINE was obviously speaking from a prepared script. Her contrived manner (and of speech) and slightly off-cue responses where her script was of noo use indicated that she is not very intellectual either, slightly one notch ahead of Lina. Neatly fell into Vincent's trap of speaking first (when it was actually Vincent's turn) and was floored by the volley from him. Plus his (bonus) added advantage of having the last word. Ouch!

GERALD needs to brush up on his enunciation and to speak S-L-O-W-L-Y. He must remember that his objective is to communicate and not to tell a 99-chapter story in 2 minutes. Focus, focus, focus on the one/two points that he wants voters to remember.

That PAP needs to roll out Minister Tharman (and Josephine) is reflective of the quality of the current batch of MPs. The new ones ain't going to be better - remember, it was a General who overshot the YOG budget by 3.75 times and we have a couple more coming on stream. THARMAN obviously has sufficient statistics at his finger tips and able to flip back arguments with selected numbers which appears to have depth. Mediacorp should have a new person in the powder room backstage - they keep forgetting to powder his crowning glory (or lack of). In Parliament, I can accept but for a studio programme?

MELISSA performed fairly okay but the format leaves much to be desired and leaves one breathless. She speaks too fast and did not appear to be authoritative enough.

Good points, except that the YOG over budget falls squarely on Vivian the Chindian, and I am not aware that he was a General.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good points, except that the YOG over budget falls squarely on Vivian the Chindian, and I am not aware that he was a General.

The CEO for the entire project was an ex-BG. Vivan was CEO of the Eye Hospital or something when he was recruited. Vivian was the Minister in Charge but it was the ex-BG who screwed up big time in the food chain.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Round 1 to the Opp!

Vincent Wijeysingha clearly shined at the debate. Tharman and Josephine must be peeing blood this morning.

Time for Pap to send in their best speakers Lim Swee Say and Sen Han tong ........... for a Chinese debate with Vincent.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Round 1 to the Opp!

Vincent Wijeysingha clearly shined at the debate.

Should be "... clearly shone in the debate.".

When shine is intransitive (has no direct object), the past tense is shone. When shine is transitive (takes a direct object), the past tense is shined.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Round 1 to the Opp!

Vincent Wijeysingha clearly shined at the debate. Tharman and Josephine must be peeing blood this morning.

Time for Pap to send in their best speakers Lim Swee Say and Sen Han tong ........... for a Chinese debate with Vincent.

Time to send in their best Hokkien speakers like Ong Ah Heng and Ang Mong Seng ...................... for a Hokkien debate with VW?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You missed his style. Given one to two minutes, it is best to stay calm and level head with his opponents. Like vincent, he tap on such rare opportunity to open more issues about PAP rather than stay focus. End of the forum, he did deliver key message to public that Singapore needs a two-party state which offers security to people should PAP falter, and also he did question whether PAP are able to spur Singapore in the next 30 over years which Tharman did not quite confidently reply to his questions. Overall, PAP did express themselves clearly motherhood style with air-plucked statistics to boast PAP brand but failed to beat the opposition parties who understood the ground better.

Since Josephine told the opposition that Singapore is like a book and everyone is a co-author, Vincent attacked her reasonbly that not everyone has a part in the book because of legal suit, defamations, fined and jailed.

I would have attack her with another book written by by George owell and Singapore is like animal farm and this alone will keep Josephine grounded and shamed.

Maverick01

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched the version on youtube..there was this part when Hyak wanted to go into commercial and Vincent came in with a last ditch comment in response to what thartman said....which then didnt allow thartman to respond...right before going into the commerical the silent screen then showed thartman raising some matters to melissa and wagging a his finger in Vincent's direction? My guess is he is pointing out to Melissa that Vincent should not come in with the last ditch comments in Vincent's favour without a chance for any rebuttal by him.. and hence asking Hyak to ensure no repeat of that and at the same time warning Vincent not to do it again..anyone saw that bit??

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched the version on youtube..there was this part when Hyak wanted to go into commercial and Vincent came in with a last ditch comment in response to what thartman said....which then didnt allow thartman to respond...right before going into the commerical the silent screen then showed thartman raising some matters to melissa and wagging a his finger in Vincent's direction? My guess is he is pointing out to Melissa that Vincent should not come in with the last ditch comments in Vincent's favour without a chance for any rebuttal by him.. and hence asking Hyak to ensure no repeat of that and at the same time warning Vincent not to do it again..anyone saw that bit??

Yes. But I'm not sure about the context of that 'finger pointing' by Tharman.

Does that mean SDP will not invited the next time ?