• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CNA debate just ended - share your view

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent is a gentleman. The moderator told Josephine to wait for her turn and let Vincent speak first, but Vincent say he is happy to let Josephine speak. :biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They all seemed to have done well. All were in the zone and it was quite civil. Though Vincent did extremely well, I am saddened that he is in the wrong party. It tells us that this country needs many models of opposition parties to get the correct mix. I think that WP with Gerald Giam is now moving from a Chinese Language party back to its old days of solid opposition to all Singaporeans not happy with the PAP.

Lina I thought did well but it does tell that Chiam failed miserably in terms of party politicis. I thought that Nazem Suki gave a matured performance including extending the olive branch to work with Govt and spread representation.

The best part of this programme is the fact that big bossess have realised that Debbie Soon is an idiot and certainly not a presenter by any means and that they did not need Baliji throwing words of wisdom after enjoying the gracious tenure of SPH onesided reporting and the pleasures of 1st class travel with Durai.

lovesamleong

Alfrescian
Loyal
he shouldn't have done that.
lost precious seconds of his allocated time.

He may have lost some seconds but he bought goodwill in the end.

The person who lost precious seconds - actually he threw away his time, is Gerald when he stopped speaking at one minute. The moderator reminded Gerald that he still has another minute but he declined to speak futher.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
The person who lost precious seconds - actually he threw away his time, is Gerald when he stopped speaking at one minute. The moderator reminded Gerald that he still has another minute but he declined to speak futher.

It goes to show Gerald Giam was only able to speak from prepared script. Once he exhausted his script, he could not think on his feet.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It goes to show Gerald Giam was only able to speak from prepared script. Once he exhausted his script, he could not think on his feet.

It is not the quantity of your words but the quality of it. By saying too much as what the two PAP representatives did, PAP is still getting nowhere near the ground sentiment after spending an hour sitting in that forum. Afterall 1 minute extra can be risky if you wanted to say something which you didn't want to say. So better pass the ball around before it drops unders your foot.

Vincent pass the buck to josephine is a good move & gentlemently gesture. When you are the last man to voice your view, other people has no chance to counter due to time contraint. Josephine however fell into Vicent's bait. Brilliant. Tharman has the opportunity to take the cake as always being the last man to be given a voice...that is the kind of priviledged always in CNA talk shows but he appeared struggling with unfounded statistics to pass time.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not the quantity of your words but the quality of it. By saying too much as what the two PAP representatives did, PAP is still getting nowhere near the ground sentiment after spending an hour sitting in that forum. Afterall 1 minute extra can be risky if you wanted to say something which you didn't want to say. So better pass the ball around before it drops unders your foot.

Precisely ! Gerald Giam was unable to put in another one minute of quality words.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Precisely ! Gerald Giam was unable to put in another one minute of quality words.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes. But I'm not sure about the context of that 'finger pointing' by Tharman.

Does that mean SDP will not invited the next time ?

I did not see the finger wagging bit but I saw in one part, Tharman's reaction to one of his comments was that of a deer suddenly caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.

Have also seen the Chinese version, where Lim Shit Say (of BEST, BETTER, BETTEREST fame) tried to act senior statesman in the debate.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway, it isn't important. The past five years have been a traumatic experiences for Singaporeans across the board. No amount of energy put in by PAP will regain our confident in them. Regardless of upgrading, better-looking dogs they tried to showcase to the people. This is the time to take back Singapore from PAP. It belongs to Singaporeans and not foreigners. If lessons still have not been learned after the 2006 election and PAP continue to wield their arrogance over the people, the year ahead will be more hellish than before. PAP has already warned the people, future is unpredictable - more painful for Singaporeans and more bitter medicines to shove into us if PAP remains in power.

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
When you are voted into parliament..you must without fear..scream,shout,stomp and use you finger to get your point clear to the the house..
<sign>..from what i see...i tink lina is better off at home cooking maggi mee and looking after her husband.

Vincent will go far..

as for the rest.."I dun know what to say."

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are voted into parliament..you must without fear..scream,shout,stomp and use you finger to get your point clear to the the house..
<SIGN>..from what i see...i tink lina is better off at home cooking maggi mee and looking after her husband.

Vincent will go far..

as for the rest.."I dun know what to say."

Ling How Doong talked cock bastard in Parliament and got hauled out by Sgt-at-Arms. James Gomez used his finger at ED officer and got hauled from airport to police station. I think these are fair treatments, not siding with PAP. The trick to winning popularity and winning politics is not about how daring or audacious you are. It's about winning in civility.

But I do agree with your opinion on Lina Chiam. She should stay home and cook.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP landed a big coup by having Vincent in its wings.

Ok, barring that frank comment on how PAP has jailed, imprison, exile people who really wanted to help Singapore for the past 50 years, he did very well. Not saying that this comment is not good, but on the election ground, people would find it very very hard to connect with the marxist conspiracy many ages ago. What the people want to do now is what the opposition can do and raise up for them when they elect opposition into Parliament.

I forsee Vincent will be the one who can start changing people's perception on SDP and the Opposition. Well, he did changed a bit of mine while I saw the CNA debate. He's a natural and his stage presence can convince many voters to start thinking whether they should cast a vote for the Opposition.

Josephine is like a robot. You can start sensing fear in her eyes. She was basically reading a script. Naturally, women are not very good debators. Not a chauvinistic view but it happens to most women. Their processor to process answers to questions will be slower than their male counterparts, so PAP's idea of sending Mr Tharman and Josephine Teo is kind of half right and half wrong.

coolguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent hit the nail on the head when he compared the president salary to an hourly worker who earns $4/hr.
I don't think you can find a 1st world country with such a hugh income gap between the poorest and richest within the confines of the labour law such as spore.
Something is just not right here.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
so PAP's idea of sending Mr Tharman and Josephine Teo is kind of half right and half wrong.

PAP has run out of idea because the last time they sent in Senior Counsels and one Calamity Palmer, they were humiliated by Goh Meng Seng.

I would add that GMS, apart from representing NSP, is also a de facto representative of SBF. I would even venture to say that it was SBF that honed GMS' debating skills.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just want to revisit the point when Vincent brought up the Mas selamat boo-boo and when Josephine then countered: "does one incident take away all the good work accumulated over the years? Healthcare, housing blah blah blah.."

I would say no, that incident does not take away the achievements of the founding Pap team. The worrying issue is the lack of accountability that followed it. This culture of silence in the parliament is a cancer in local politics. It will affect all singaporeans if unchanged.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP's Vincent impressed many with his attacks on PAP & even sneaked in an opportunity to promote his party's Shadow Budget on the web.

WP's Gerald not bad but played very safe.

Malay chap england not so powderful but brought very important point on high housing prices.

Worst is Lina Chiam; CMI, talking cock & about not enough hospital beds & got firmly refuted by Tharma. PP going back to PAP coming election.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP has run out of idea because the last time they sent in Senior Counsels and one Calamity Palmer, they were humiliated by Goh Meng Seng.

I would add that GMS, apart from representing NSP, is also a de facto representative of SBF. I would even venture to say that it was SBF that honed GMS' debating skills.

Please don't insult GMS. His debating skills are the best. Nothing to be honed further unless you're bringing in extra-terrestrial skills unknown on planet earth before.