• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Christmas very quiet

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is despite the fact that our population is 5 millions and foreigners making up 35% of it.

Unlike the previous years when our population is mostly Singaporeans and every festive season is a joy. It seems now Singaporeans are reluctant to spend on companies who employed foreign workers and also the HDB price has almost dried up everyone's pocket, nobody has the money after paying all their life savings to own a flat. Whereas foreigners, who earned our money and have caused many Singaporeans to be jobless, have remitted funds back home instead of spending in Singapore economy.

Unfortunately, our incapable PAP is non apologetic towards the people and still beleive their policies work when such clear side-effects are for all to see.

Every taxi drivers I met told me they are all waiting for election. There is no escape for PAP to face judgement day no matter how discrete they tried to cover up election date. The longer the wait, the more deep hated it will cultivate.

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
ofcos wat! ...

silent nite ... holy nite ... all is calm ...

how can it b noisy? ... :confused:

For the last few years every major festivals are like that.

Deepavali Hari Raya CNY X'mas every year is worse than the previous.

PAP = best!

takcheksian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Myfoot I wish ur report is accurate.

Unfortunately Singaporeans have been persistently and stubbornly pro PAP despite all the reasons to vote them out of power.

When come to election time, shit times produce a bit of propaganda, PAP give some ang pows, make a few threats about purposely putting worker dorms in opposition wards, and the 66.6 will fall in line again.

This is despite the fact that our population is 5 millions and foreigners making up 35% of it.

Unlike the previous years when our population is mostly Singaporeans and every festive season is a joy. It seems now Singaporeans are reluctant to spend on companies who employed foreign workers and also the HDB price has almost dried up everyone's pocket, nobody has the money after paying all their life savings to own a flat. Whereas foreigners, who earned our money and have caused many Singaporeans to be jobless, have remitted funds back home instead of spending in Singapore economy.

Unfortunately, our incapable PAP is non apologetic towards the people and still beleive their policies work when such clear side-effects are for all to see.

Every taxi drivers I met told me they are all waiting for election. There is no escape for PAP to face judgement day no matter how discrete they tried to cover up election date. The longer the wait, the more deep hated it will cultivate.

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
retail quiet???

have you been to an old shopping centre parkway parade last weekend

or the new OC?

live on same island but different world

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
retail quiet???

or the new OC?

Both are true.

While a very small amount of places are booming, at the same time a very large amount of other places are dying badly. Overall is still very negative.

LKY said recovery from recession desperately, that is about the last few naive farts from his lame ass. After these he will be forced to shut in humiliation as usual.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
retail quiet???
or the new OC?

City Square Mall at little india ish bery quiet.

stalls big big...
but
crowds little little.

all walk walk, see see look look.

:o :( :o

yuelao

Alfrescian
Loyal

You must be joking. The Sinkie idiots will queue for hours in traffic gridlock just for some pathetic petrol discounts. You expect people like these to vote out PAP?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
where got quiet? i was at bugis junction, crowded like mad...so many people and also so many people taking photos at the christmas tree...all the stalls very busy...and all the food outlets packed like sardines...

where got quiet in singapore one??? singapore is the best city in the world....the greenest, the cleanest, the best run, the best governed and the safest city in the whole wide world...Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hallelujah!!!

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
many cabbies, mouths say one thing, body do another thing.

these cab drivers better don't believe them too much...many are actually under-cover agents...talk cock and lure you into talking cock....and the metre keeps running!!!

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
where got quiet? i was at bugis junction, crowded like mad...so many people and also so many people taking photos at the christmas tree...all the stalls very busy...and all the food outlets packed like sardines...

where got quiet in singapore one??? singapore is the best city in the world....the greenest, the cleanest, the best run, the best governed and the safest city in the whole wide world...Merry Christmas everyone!!! Hallelujah!!!

Hope you don't forget to wish Merry Christmas to yourself. This place is different from your childhood days, and everything are money.

One thing we could do is to take good care of ourselves. (Even this is somehow tall order)

LonewolfAlfa

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG Retails Is Collapsed!

Quiet shops and empty shops and vacant stalls everywhere. How to hide?

juz becus u got no money to go out and shop doesnt mean that everyone else is in the same situation. orchard road is packed and its impossible to find a parking lot.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

One of u must be living in an alternate sinkeeland where there's not many ppl.

sammyboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-death-of-the-american-mall-2009-12

Welcome To The Most Depressing Commercial Real Estate Disaster In AmericaVince Veneziani | Dec. 22, 2009, 9:08 AM | 39,524 | 21
PrintTags: Economy, Features, Shopping
1/29

Buzz up!Back in 1992, I remember going to the Echelon Mall in Voorhees, New Jersey.

It was a five minute drive from my home in Cherry Hill and I always looked forward to it.

The mall had every imaginable store you could think of, several fountains, rides and games for kids, a movie theater, and even a gigantic arena-sized arcade called Exhilarama.

Check out the dead mall > http://www.businessinsider.com/the-death-of-the-american-mall-2009-12/approaching-the-mall-1

Those were the 1990s. Those were the days.

Today, the Echelon Mall is now called the Voorhees Town Center and even a name change can't aid a dying beast.

Someone, somewhere thought it'd be a good idea to bulldoze half the mall, put up condos and housing, and give the mall a more "exclusive" feel. The problem is: who wants to live at a mall?

Only two "anchor stores" remain at the mall, the food court is half vacant, and there are literally no stores of quality in the mall aside from a GameStop, Victoria's Secret, and Verizon Wireless.

What began as a revitalization project for a dying mall was cut short by a lack of credit and funding for constructing the project. Tons of big box stores and condos were supposed to go up around the newly re-designed mall but alas, nothing has come to fruition.

Scanning the terrain, you'll quickly realize why commercial real estate is such an epic disaster.

Click here to tour a dead mall -> http://www.businessinsider.com/the-death-of-the-american-mall-2009-12/approaching-the-mall-1