• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Surnames

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Ignoramus !

Well spoken, bro!

What's TLLMKCH compared with KNNBCCB?

That is a pack of lies, Hokkiens are the worse, u see how they curse? Cantonese cursing is nothing compared to to Hokkein vulgarity. And yes, I do believe Cantonese is superior to other dialect groups especially Mandarin. Mandarin is nothing but the language of the Northern Barbarians. Its the National Language of China cos there is more of them.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's a clip on kungfu hustle in foo chow dialect

<iframe width="560" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0N-gatiQ_bE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You're confused between Fujian Minanese, Taiwanese and Singlish Hokkien. Nowhere in in Fujian Minanese or Taiwanese has such crude vulgarities as Singlish Hokkien. Singlish Hokkien is champion in not only among Chinese dialects but I think among all world languages.

BTW me Hokkien too, very good at Singlish Hokkien vulgarities too. :wink: :biggrin:

why is singlish hokkien so crude? Is it cos the worst hokkien ppl migrated to sg.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

why is singlish hokkien so crude? Is it cos the worst hokkien ppl migrated to sg.

Because they were the poorest to migrate to SEA that time. Most Cantonese and Teochews and Hakkas came with some or lots of capital to buy lands or at least start small businesses. Most Hokkiens came here penniless as coolies. So had to gang up and fuck the rich bosses. More powerful than NTUC now anyway. Real trade unions and gang unions. The language sure must be crude and loud as the fist. Angmoh also scared.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Because they were the poorest to migrate to SEA that time. Most Cantonese and Teochews and Hakkas came with some or lots of capital to buy lands or at least start small businesses. Most Hokkiens came here penniless as coolies. So had to gang up and fuck the rich bosses. More powerful than NTUC now anyway. Real trade unions and gang unions. The language sure must be crude and loud as the fist. Angmoh also scared.

Oic it must suck for the teochews to have their language so similar to the hokkiens.

Tell you something else my new china cleaner now comes from some hokkien speaking county in china cos she listens to chen lei's songs so she obviously speaks a similar type of hokkien to taiwanese and sinkees and boy is she more crude and more mean compared to my old china cleaner that comes from wuhan in northern china i think.

Last edited:

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Oic it must suck for the teochews to have their language so similar to the hokkiens.

Even speaking politely without vulgarity, I think Singlish Hokkien tone is all different from PRC or ROC Hokkien tone already. Singlish Hokkien is very hard edge. Singlish Teochew still very soft, fuck and curse also no power.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Even speaking politely without vulgarity, I think Singlish Hokkien tone is all different from PRC or ROC Hokkien tone already. Singlish Hokkien is very hard edge. Singlish Teochew still very soft, fuck and curse also no power.

Yeah man. It's cos of this that ppl think that all hokkien speaking ppl are crude and vulgar. For some ignorant ppl they even include every dialect speaking person not just hokkien.

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hokkiens must not be weak. Best not to fuck and fight others and live in harmony. But if required to, we'll fuck them and beat them up very very properly. :wink:

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

early batches of coolies and laborers from fujian province that emigrated to sg were thugs, criminals, dirt poor, escapees, bonded slaves, farmers suffering from drought, jobless, army awolees, economic refugees, worst of the worst losers. they were brought in by early snakeheads and human trafficking syndicates that have been operating in fujian province since the end of the ming dynasty, when the entire surviving ming entourage and remnants were hunted down and decimated by manchus in a naval battle not far from the shoreline. coasts of southern china have been a tragic shithole or excrement egress for every loser in any invasion or civil war in china.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

early batches of coolies and laborers from fujian province that emigrated to sg were thugs, criminals, dirt poor, escapees, bonded slaves, farmers suffering from drought, jobless, army awolees, economic refugees, worst of the worst losers. they were brought in by early snakeheads and human trafficking syndicates that have been operating in fujian province since the end of the ming dynasty, when the entire surviving ming entourage and remnants were hunted down and decimated by manchus in a naval battle not far from the shoreline. coasts of southern china have been a tragic shithole or excrement egress for every loser in any invasion or civil war in china.

The later batches did improve correct?

Still the majority were from fujian hence sg's majority of chinese are hokkien.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The later batches did improve correct?

Still the majority were from fujian hence sg's majority of chinese are hokkien.

when economic conditions were better, news travelled back home and more skilled, better trained and educated craftsmen and trades folk started arriving in droves. merchants became wealthier as critical mass was reached and there was need for everything from food to fuck. the more entrepreneurial started to take chances, and new markets and industries were created. for early batches, we need to differentiate visionaries and brave pioneers from desperadoes and losers. pioneers created settlements and enclaves from nothing but they were few and far between compared to hordes of desperadoes who were herded like sheep onto boats and junks and shipped without a clue to nanyang, a faraway mythical wild south where water was warm, coconut aplenty, natives naked, british overlords untouchable, and money paid for work was at least guaranteed by british rule in comparison to worthless banana notes from war ravaged and corrupt china.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Han Dynasty Map

china-han-large.gif

Hokkien or Fujian had almost never been a controlled state of Han since the day when Xiang Yu 项羽, the Great Conqueror of West Chu 西楚霸王 was killed which made Liu Bang 刘邦 happy with the Min Yue 闽越 (Fujian) king's help in the campaign that he gave this piece of land to him and made him a king of Min like the Sultan of Brunei or the Emirate of Kuwait. The king of Min was previously the survived royal members of the demised Yue 越国 which was conquered by the state of Chu 楚国.

In fact, in many dynasties, the name "Min" was more common than Fu Jian. Fu Jian was named during Tang dynasty and disappeared for a long time until Ching followed by ROC and PRC.

The famous Han king 汉武帝 was already very busy with the Xiong Nu 匈奴 or proto-Hun that he was then also facing the Min king's expansion into Han's territory. To prevent himself from too much distraction, he launched a mighty expedition against the south to permanently tame Min. Many Min men died in the battle and the Min Yue people were deported to the north (not sure whether it was ZheJiang or JiangXi). This means FuZhou became almost a vacuum, a ghost town ? Some escape the arrest went north to build themselves a secondary city, Jian Ou 建瓯. Today, Fu Jian is derived from ...

福建 = 州 +

In 207 BC, the army led by Liu Bang conquered the troops of the Qin Dynasty at Julu (currently Hebei Province) and in 206 BC he seized Xianyang (the capital city of the Qin Dynasty), thus ending the rule of Qin.

After four years of war between Liu Bang and Xiang Yu (Chu-Han War), Liu Bang defeated his rival and established the Han Dynasty establishing Chang'an (the present Xian) as its capital city in 202 BC.

114px-Goujian_sword_and_inscript_detail.svg.png

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jin 晋国 and Qin 秦国 are just next door !

Here's a clip on kungfu hustle in foo chow dialect

FuZhou is closer to Hokkien and Cantonese. Almost 50-50 or 60-40 in ratio? I was interested with a cute PuTian 蒲田 girl from China who came here to work as a cashier girl in a food court selling Korean dishes. She looked like a Taiwanese actress and she spoke like a Taiwanese. Why ? The people in the south speak Nanking version 南京北语 instead of the Beijinger's Northern language 北京北语 since Ming time. In fact, Shanghainese used to speak Nanking version UNTIL the barbaric neighbours came to Shanghai ! Very soon, I fear Shanghai will NO MORE be the pure Shanghai. Another Italy ?

The word country 国家 in PuTian is Cantonese - "kok kah" and NOT "gwoke kah" in my language. In my language, "gwoke" rhymes with "Coke", the short form of Coca Cola. The barbarian's is without the "k" ending - hence "guo" in PinYin. Both FuZhou and Mandarin are the products of mixing Cantonese with Hokkien. In fact, in ancient time, Jin 晋国 and Qin 秦国 are just next door !

You should play songs to read the lyrics to find out the similarity of the language with Cantonese and Hokkien. This songstress is a known singer in China from ShanXi 山西 (east of 陕西). Some people asked why she sang in Foochowese. The probable reason is that some Foochowese are ShanXi people.

FYI : A girls's name 美嘉 Mee Kah in Foochowese and Mika in Japanese; they are read almost exactly with the same tone.

[video=youtube;Q3vDZkOhD3Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3vDZkOhD3Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Han Dynasty Map

china-han-large.gif

Hokkien or Fujian had almost never been a controlled state of Han since the day when Xiang Yu 项羽, the Great Conqueror of West Chu 西楚霸王 was killed which made Liu Bang 刘邦 happy with the Min Yue 闽越 (Fujian) king's help in the campaign that he gave this piece of land to him and made him a king of Min like the Sultan of Brunei or the Emirate of Kuwait. The king of Min was previously the survived royal members of the demised Yue 越国 which was conquered by the state of Chu 楚国.

you mean emirate of kuwait and sultan of brunei became kings?