• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese said, Australia no good

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the eyes of the Chinese ........

The first-rate countries are America, then France and Germany

The second tier are Northern Europe and Japan

The last tier is Canada, Australia and NZ.

Canada's a bit better than Australia because it's closer to America.
NZ is better than Australia because there are less idiots and bogans there.

To put it more bluntly, Australia has became a refuge for drifters, a dumping ground for the world's garbage

Then I ask, why are you in Australia ... the reply "You're a third-rate country. It's just that you've opened your doors a bit wider than the rest and we've all crowded in."

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ultimately the final choice destination for many chinese with and without means is the bay area in california. many are using canada and australia as stepping stones to the golden hills of the sf bay. even lky said it. these folks have patience and they play the long waiting game of jumping from one stone to the next, all leading to the stretch of valuable land between san fran and san jose. over here, i'm seeing a lot of cars from british columbia and alberta, with many of them looking for jobs and a place to call home in california. the drivers of these canadian cars are mostly asian. there are some chinese who spent their time in the dominican republic, hopped to puerto rico, then to florida, and finally to california. some went to mexico, stayed for a while and followed the illegal mexicans into the california and arizona borders. some bide their time in toronto, and when conditions are right, apply for school in the ny and new england area, and stick around looking for jobs. once they have some savings, they pack everything out of the east coast and move west. california has an influx of license plates from out of state that are owned by asians mostly, while many whites have fled the state to nevada, oregon, colorado and arizona. the number of people leaving cal has increased; however, the population of asians coming into cal has increased. san fran and san jose are pretty much regarded by americans in the rest of america as "gone" to the gays and chinese and the rest of cal as "gone" to the hispanics. america has pretty much given up on cal. :biggrin:

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
ultimately the final choice destination for many chinese with and without means is the bay area in california. many are using canada and australia as stepping stones to the golden hills of the sf bay. even lky said it. these folks have patience and they play the long waiting game of jumping from one stone to the next, all leading to the stretch of valuable land between san fran and san jose. over here, i'm seeing a lot of cars from british columbia and alberta, with many of them looking for jobs and a place to call home in california. the drivers of these canadian cars are mostly asian. there are some chinese who spent their time in the dominican republic, hopped to puerto rico, then to florida, and finally to california. some went to mexico, stayed for a while and followed the illegal mexicans into the california and arizona borders. some bide their time in toronto, and when conditions are right, apply for school in the ny and new england area, and stick around looking for jobs. once they have some savings, they pack everything out of the east coast and move west. california has an influx of license plates from out of state that are owned by asians mostly, while many whites have fled the state to nevada, oregon, colorado and arizona. the number of people leaving cal has increased; however, the population of asians coming into cal has increased. san fran and san jose are pretty much regarded by americans in the rest of america as "gone" to the gays and chinese and the rest of cal as "gone" to the hispanics. america has pretty much given up on cal. :biggrin:

Very rarely the Chinese will move from Oz to America. Logistically its just too much hassle to move from one side of the earth to another. Once they live comfortably in Oz they usually will stayput. If they have intention to move to America, they will apply to canada and use it as gateway to US. Those can't qualify to Oz will use NZ as the gateway.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal

To put it more bluntly, Australia has became a refuge for drifters, a dumping ground for the world's garbage

Then I ask, why are you in Australia ... the reply "You're a third-rate country. It's just that you've opened your doors a bit wider than the rest and we've all crowded in."

You forgot - Singapore is the 4th tier, then their own mainland China is the 5th tier. :smile:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, the US is the first choice of all migrants from all countries. It is the largest 1st world country in terms of population and therefore critical mass for innovation, products and lifestyles.

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal

Joshie Boy you are finally starting to see the light

There might be some hope for you after all

But in the mean time we shall feel sorry for you and pity you with your terrible situation in Australia.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

But in the mean time we shall feel sorry for you and pity you with your terrible situation in Australia.

Hey Red.. Australia is not bad lah.. competition is limited.. working around lazy ppl, ya sure be the winner! Of course, we will become lazy eventually :(

I'm lovin it !

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Taken from your nick on 10-08-2009, 11:36 AM,londoncabby, Join Date: Feb 2009 === Re: Obama the Genius: Cash for Clunkers Boosts Car sales, Housing, Stock Market

Jealous? returning your compliment ....
I did not ask you nor care what a loser like you has to say.

Get a life instead of hiding behind 10 nicks, butthead

Oh wait a minute, too late. You pay local, state and fed consumption taxes and more than 40% taxes
and no public healthcare.

I rest my case

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hey Red.. Australia is not bad lah.. competition is limited.. working around lazy ppl, ya sure be the winner! Of course, we will become lazy eventually :(

I'm lovin it !

Of course, Australia is the hidden gem to those who found it. Better than some people who are still stuck in the shithole but boast about being in America. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

I'm lovin it !

You love being being bankrupted for bad property investments in Brisbane?

Only a moron like you is capable of being happy of such losses. We preferred it when you complained about your dental costs and stared at ceiling fan for six hours a day

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taken from your nick on 10-08-2009, 11:36 AM,londoncabby, Join Date: Feb 2009 === Re: Obama the Genius: Cash for Clunkers Boosts Car sales, Housing, Stock Market

Jealous? returning your compliment ....
I did not ask you nor care what a loser like you has to say.

Get a life instead of hiding behind 10 nicks, butthead

Oh wait a minute, too late. You pay local, state and fed consumption taxes and more than 40% taxes
and no public healthcare.

I rest my case

Wow thats a good post Joshie Boy

40% taxes etc

Jealous, huh?

Oh we also know how many nicks you registered in July of 2008

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I must say I for one can see the great attractions of living in the Bay area in Cali...lived in San Fran for a couple of months on a posting and really enjoyed the life, even got to meet singapore's Lana Cake(Mrs Kwan) daughter who was running a bistro serving her mum's famous choc cake, not forgetting George Yeo's chef/restauranter bro Chris @ Straits in market street...especially enjoyed driving out to Napa and Sonoma during the weekends...also found San Diego quite a nice place to live when i was there for a month...but for me my ideal place to live in the States is still Honolulu...great lifestyle and tropical temperate weather all year round which i like because i hate singapore's hot humid climate and also hate the cold winters of the northern hemisphere...

ultimately the final choice destination for many chinese with and without means is the bay area in california. many are using canada and australia as stepping stones to the golden hills of the sf bay. D

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I must say I for one can see the great attractions of living in the Bay area in Cali...lived in San Fran for a couple of months on a posting and really enjoyed the life, even got to meet singapore's Lana Cake(Mrs Kwan) daughter who was running a bistro serving her mum's famous choc cake, not forgetting George Yeo's chef/restauranter bro Chris @ Straits in market street...especially enjoyed driving out to Napa and Sonoma during the weekends...also found San Diego quite a nice place to live when i was there for a month...but for me my ideal place to live in the States is still Honolulu...great lifestyle and tropical temperate weather all year round which i like because i hate singapore's hot humid climate and also hate the cold winters of the northern hemisphere...

It is always a pity that the Bay area has 3 natural hazards - Earthquake, Fog and Fire. Hawaii is formed from volcano lava.

Taiwanese typhoons, Japanese quakes, Australian bush-fires.

But we humans are risk-takers.

Addtional point
What I am trying to bring across is ... there is no perfect place. We are just seeking better place. Can anyone guarrantee that an emigration process will be successful? Will we be given a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow/journey?

If we don't try, we will never know.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

honolulu and the hawaiian islands are too geographically small for me. i'm ok staying there for a couple of months, especially in maui or kauai, but not to retire. it'll get boring after 10 years.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is always a pity that the Bay area has 3 natural hazards - Earthquake, Fog and Fire. Hawaii is formed from volcano lava.

Addtional point
What I am trying to bring across is ... there is no perfect place. We are just seeking better place. Can anyone guarrantee that an emigration process will be successful? Will we be given a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow/journey?

the better places to retire are usually near the coast, have mediterranean climates, grow vines, have local produce, offer much fishing opportunities, have plenty of beautiful golf courses, are near mountains with snow in winter, have low crime and many small business opportunities. i have lived and worked in 5 of those places: cape town, southern france, italian riviera, chile and california. of the 5, only cape town does not offer ski and snowbound sports in winter. although i have fond memories of south africa, southern france, the northwestern italian coast, and the chilean oceanside, the place that constantly challenges the mind and entrepreunerial spirit is one and only - the bay area. anytime you sit in a secluded cafe in palo alto or woodside to get a sip, you're bound to come across a founder, an inventor or a ceo. and their creativity rubs on you. of course, right now, i would love to sip the best chianti classico by lake como or portofino or santa margherita, but that kind of laziness and luxury only last a week or two. after a while, it gets boring.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me personally I am more inclined to spend part of the year in Singapore and part of the year elsewhere...preferrably Honolulu and Abu Dhabi as well due to long term biz commitments...probably shall come about once i have been fully relieved of my personal commitments in Singapore which brought me back on a full time basis in the first place...

now as for natural hazards...does not bother me because i think if your time is up it is up...carpe diem:smile:

Addtional point

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
agree on the boring part if it is all year round...that is why i said i would still look to stay in Singapore for part of the year and probably some other place where i can do some lucrative biz, for now that would probably be abu dhabi...

btw i forgot to mention that i was amazed to see relatively large filipino, korean and indo-chinese residents during my stay in cali...probably the same in Honolulu when it comes to filipinos
honolulu and the hawaiian islands are too geographically small for me. i'm ok staying there for a couple of months, especially in maui or kauai, but not to retire. it'll get boring after 10 years.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
You love being being bankrupted for bad property investments in Brisbane?

Only a moron like you is capable of being happy of such losses. We preferred it when you complained about your dental costs and stared at ceiling fan for six hours a day

I hate to tell you this.. I've juz made $xxx judging from the auction next door.. I am currently negotiating with my bank to waive fee charges due to the favourable value.. up 10% within 2 mths. possibly cash out option. This means I shall have a busy Sunday putting up a justification paper..

Bankruptcy is not impossible. Thankfully, I'm still surviving.. I shall keep you posted.. haha..

redbull313

Alfrescian
Loyal

I dont know if they are only choosing the SF bay area. I think they all head first to SF or NY then decide from there. When I watch channel 684 on Dish Network for example I am convinced the greatest American-Chinese concentration is in the greater LA area near San Gabriel etc. If I see one more Riverside Honda ad i will scream. I also see many of them expanding in Texas and Florida where both Indians and Chinese seem to be headed to as alternatives to California. I recently purchased a foreclosure vacation property in Florida and I upon checking out the local scene in Central Florida I am told hundreds of Chinese are arriving every week as there are more Chinese Malls, businesses etc.

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know if they are only choosing the SF bay area. I think they all head first to SF or NY then decide from there. When I watch channel 684 on Dish Network for example I am convinced the greatest American-Chinese concentration is in the greater LA area near San Gabriel etc. If I see one more Riverside Honda ad i will scream. I also see many of them expanding in Texas and Florida where both Indians and Chinese seem to be headed to as alternatives to California. I recently purchased a foreclosure vacation property in Florida and I upon checking out the local scene in Central Florida I am told hundreds of Chinese are arriving every week as there are more Chinese Malls, businesses etc.

Where's the news about Chinese buying up real estate in ripoff Arsetralia??

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8hLpZD-b_0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8hLpZD-b_0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KGcxCKZ9BY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KGcxCKZ9BY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: