• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese said, Australia no good

Meltdown

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know if they are only choosing the SF bay area. I think they all head first to SF or NY then decide from there. When I watch channel 684 on Dish Network for example I am convinced the greatest American-Chinese concentration is in the greater LA area near San Gabriel etc. If I see one more Riverside Honda ad i will scream. I also see many of them expanding in Texas and Florida where both Indians and Chinese seem to be headed to as alternatives to California. I recently purchased a foreclosure vacation property in Florida and I upon checking out the local scene in Central Florida I am told hundreds of Chinese are arriving every week as there are more Chinese Malls, businesses etc.

Europeans Go to U.S. Dealers To Buy Cars From Home

The weak dollar is drawing a new group of Europeans to shop in the U.S. -- for European cars.

More Europeans are turning to the U.S. to buy luxury cars
, from Porsche 911s to Volvo 4x4s, and then shipping them back home. The cheap dollar and competitive pricing in the slow U.S. market can yield savings of as much as 30% of the cost of similar models in Europe, even after costs of transporting the cars and complying with different emissions standards.

Because cash-strapped Americans are shunning car showrooms, new clients should be good news for U.S. dealers. But the car makers, anxious to protect European margins that are often much fatter than those in the U.S., are fighting the trend, enforcing nonexport agreements in place for decades.

Reimports of used cars have surged the most. It is still hard to bring a new European car back to Europe. Approved U.S. dealers for most European brands that are caught selling new cars to be shipped back can face penalties or fines by the auto makers. And many European customers are reluctant to buy new cars from the U.S. because modifications needed to meet European road-safety and emissions requirements invalidate the U.S. warranties. The fact that cars were first registered overseas can also affect resale values in Europe, the companies

http://www.autospies.com/news/Europeans-Go-to-U-S-Dealers-to-buy-Cars-31044/

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where's the news about Chinese buying up real estate in ripoff Arsetralia??

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8hLpZD-b_0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-8hLpZD-b_0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KGcxCKZ9BY&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8KGcxCKZ9BY&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Not every news are reported. But if ya in Melbourne I can intro you a frz who juz bought a piece of land in KEW for 2.8mil. construction cost est 1.5mil.. with proposed tennis court and indoor heated pool. 7-9km from CBD. This family runs a hotel chain in Shanghai.. juz like your Ong Beng Seng. Big fish will never be in SG.

I bought a crappy hse at the outskirt (9km from CBD) in Jun 09. It has already gone up by 10% within 2mths. What i said in my earlier emails are true, China-nese are buying in the big way.. We missed this recession, we are screwed...

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not every news are reported. But if ya in Melbourne I can intro you a frz who juz bought a piece of land in KEW for 2.8mil. construction cost est 1.5mil.. with proposed tennis court and indoor heated pool. 7-9km from CBD. This family runs a hotel chain in Shanghai.. juz like your Ong Beng Seng. Big fish will never be in SG.

I bought a crappy hse at the outskirt (9km from CBD) in Jun 09. It has already gone up by 10% within 2mths. What i said in my earlier emails are true, China-nese are buying in the big way.. We missed this recession, we are screwed...

BREAKING NEWS

AXE168 IS SITTING ON SOLID FOUNDATION

Some arse-holes are so disappointed in Arsetralia properties that prices are being maintained by non other than RBA. Steven Glenn secretly told me that he will raise interest rates if he sees the housing approaching bubble level. But currently, at 20% overvaluation, he is not expecting any big downwards movement in properties. In fact, he does not want really big upward movements either. Steady substainable increase is a better idea.

Remember, the property market works differently in Australia (Arsetralia to those poor mental patients) Sellers would rather withdraw from market than sell properties at a lower price.

Also Remember the Taiwan hotel that collapsed in the recent typhoon, Australia do fix the foundation so that the building is safe. USA usually fixed the upper executive floors, esp the penthouse, BUT left the foundation to rot. So, when the building enounter typhoons, it falls over, the upper floors getting a harder knock. Ouch!

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING NEWS

AXE168 IS SITTING ON SOLID FOUNDATION

Some arse-holes are so disappointed in Arsetralia properties that prices are being maintained by non other than RBA. Steven Glenn secretly told me that he will raise interest rates if he sees the housing approaching bubble level. But currently, at 20% overvaluation, he is not expecting any big downwards movement in properties. In fact, he does not want really big upward movements either. Steady substainable increase is a better idea.

Remember, the property market works differently in Australia (Arsetralia to those poor mental patients) Sellers would rather withdraw from market than sell properties at a lower price.

Also Remember the Taiwan hotel that collapsed in the recent typhoon, Australia do fix the foundation so that the building is safe. USA usually fixed the upper executive floors, esp the penthouse, BUT left the foundation to rot. So, when the building enounter typhoons, it falls over, the upper floors getting a harder knock. Ouch!

Here goes the news.. heehee.. Everyone likely to predict int. rate at its lowest will increase eventually.. likewise, the share market.. I have catered for marginal increase in interest rate.. so no worries..

As for those who bad mouth Australia, here is a piece news for you : Exchange rate is now 1.20 to SGD.. We back ! & we're strong again.. Yahooo

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Europeans Go to U.S. Dealers To Buy Cars From Home

The weak dollar is drawing a new group of Europeans to shop in the U.S. -- for European cars.

More Europeans are turning to the U.S. to buy luxury cars
, from Porsche 911s to Volvo 4x4s, and then shipping them back home. The cheap dollar and competitive pricing in the slow U.S. market can yield savings of as much as 30% of the cost of similar models in Europe, even after costs of transporting the cars and complying with different emissions standards.

Because cash-strapped Americans are shunning car showrooms, new clients should be good news for U.S. dealers. But the car makers, anxious to protect European margins that are often much fatter than those in the U.S., are fighting the trend, enforcing nonexport agreements in place for decades.

Reimports of used cars have surged the most. It is still hard to bring a new European car back to Europe. Approved U.S. dealers for most European brands that are caught selling new cars to be shipped back can face penalties or fines by the auto makers. And many European customers are reluctant to buy new cars from the U.S. because modifications needed to meet European road-safety and emissions requirements invalidate the U.S. warranties. The fact that cars were first registered overseas can also affect resale values in Europe, the companies

http://www.autospies.com/news/Europeans-Go-to-U-S-Dealers-to-buy-Cars-31044/

Very true and very smart. Anyone buying America at a discount is intelligent. Of course those in Australia are too stupid and can only dream of such ideas.

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
The place that constantly challenges the mind and entrepreneurial spirit is one and only - the bay area. anytime you sit in a secluded cafe in palo alto or woodside to get a sip, you're bound to come across a founder, an inventor or a ceo. and their creativity rubs on you.

You're right...definitely felt that spirit while I was down there a couple of months back. But while the spirit is still there, it seems the bling bling to fuel the creative drive isn't there anymore.

Cheers,
Trout

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You're right...definitely felt that spirit while I was down there a couple of months back. But while the spirit is still there, it seems the bling bling to fuel the creative drive isn't there anymore.

Cheers,
Trout

true. portfolios of many with spare cash to invest have been devastated, and now all we can afford is a cup of americano (not even expresso) to go. sitting down means forking out change for tips. at least you get to see more humility these days.

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
true. portfolios of many with spare cash to invest have been devastated, and now all we can afford is a cup of americano (not even expresso) to go. sitting down means forking out change for tips. at least you get to see more humility these days.

Nah, many a heads of VC funds are still very full of themselves while I was there in May-June, or maybe its just that I don't have enough hot air (or fire, sometimes I can't really tell) in my belly like they do.

Cheers,
Trout

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Red.. Australia is not bad lah.. competition is limited.. working around lazy ppl, ya sure be the winner! Of course, we will become lazy eventually :(

I'm lovin it !

haha...it definitely a good place to rot your brains early...hey, who knows the next president is a chinese from china...maybe the relationsip will improve and export will increase....

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
haha...it definitely a good place to rot your brains early...hey, who knows the next president is a chinese from china...maybe the relationsip will improve and export will increase....

This is a small political matter compared to the Bob Hawke standoff after 6/4.

Perhaps, Singapore needs to learn from Australia and stops the Chinese taking over Singaporeans' jobs. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Australia's president has always been a foreigner, it is presently the British Queen. Thank you.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah, many a heads of VC funds are still very full of themselves while I was there in May-June, or maybe its just that I don't have enough hot air (or fire, sometimes I can't really tell) in my belly like they do.

Cheers,
Trout

especially that serial entrepreuner elon musk, currently ceo of tesla. he's full of it. he played fremont (alameda county) and san jose (santa clara county) like a violin by signing tentative agreements to settle tesla's hq and design/engineering facility, only to pull out at the last minute. tesla finally decided on palo alto (santa clara county), and that's where most of the hotheaded vc's are, driving their ferraris.

Trout

Alfrescian
Loyal
especially that serial entrepreuner elon musk, currently ceo of tesla. he's full of it. he played fremont (alameda county) and san jose (santa clara county) like a violin by signing tentative agreements to settle tesla's hq and design/engineering facility, only to pull out at the last minute. tesla finally decided on palo alto (santa clara county), and that's where most of the hotheaded vc's are, driving their ferraris.

Musk, from what I heard, is an absolute wheeler-dealer...met someone previously from tesla in may at an event at Orrick, the guy didn't seem to like him very much.

Cheers,
Trout