• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

China outperforming Japan in campus romance

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Japan is no longer what it used to be – namely the world’s second largest economy – thanks to China, which overtook it in 2010. Elsewhere too, China finds itself triumphant. Where else? On campus. In love.

Roughly 87,000 Chinese exchange students are enrolled in Japanese universities – nearly twice as many as 10 years ago. “Herbivorous male” is a term coined several years ago to describe young Japanese men’s approach to sex these days. It suggests timidity and indifference. The Chinese students are not herbivorous. They are carnivorous. The result, says Shukan Bunshun (Feb 2) is that the Chinese enjoy a rich campus sex life while the Japanese look on in mingled envy, resentment and bewilderment.

How do they do it? They hardly even speak the language. But they know the words they need, and they don’t take no for an answer. Take it from a Meiji University sophomore the magazine calls Sudo. There was a girl he loved from afar. He couldn’t bring himself to get closer. She was a year older, probably more sophisticated, and somehow intimidating. “I had the feeling it wouldn’t do to be aggressive,” he explains. A Chinese who spotted her knew no such scruples. “Really,” he would say to her in his broken Japanese, “you are so beautiful. I never met anyone so beautiful. Is your mother beautiful too?”

Poor Sudo! In less than a month, the girl and the exchange student were a couple, while he licked his wounds unnoticed on the sidelines.

It’s not just him, of course. Shukan Bunshun’s anecdotal evidence suggests a trend. Here’s the story of a girl named Chiemi, a boy named Yang, and another boy who used to be Chiemi’s boyfriend. They’re all Waseda University students. “Go out with me,” Yang urged Chiemi.” “But I already have a boyfriend,” she insisted. “But it’s better if you go out with me,” persisted Yang.

It didn’t matter where they were, or who was present. Not even Chiemi’s boyfriend put Yang off. “Go out with me,” he’d say over and over. The boyfriend grumbled about Yang’s bad manners, but otherwise seemed stymied. That didn’t escape Chiemi, who gradually found herself drawn to the Chinese boy. His boldness and persistence were attractive – so un-Japanese! He could cook, too. He’d whip up wonderful Chinese dishes, saying, “Whatever you want, I’ll make.” The Japanese boyfriend didn’t stand a chance. Yang was in, he was out.

“The lukewarm approach of Japan’s herbivorous men,” Shukan Bunshun hears from writer and erotic merchandise shop manager Minori Kitahara, “is just no match for the animal magnetism of the Chinese male.”

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is part of China's plan to take over Japan in 100 years time.
Knowing very well that Japan is greying society, it is inevitable that Chinese workers will be needed there.
Chinese enterprises are now throwing money buying up Japanese corporations as part of the plan.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is part of China's plan to take over Japan in 100 years time.

China doesn't need to 'take over'. Japan is already a part of the 'Greater China Co-Prosperity Sphere' by economic necessity.

Long years ago during the Tang Dyasty the Jap emperor had to pay obeisance to the Chinese emperor.

History repeats itself.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
China doesn't need to 'take over'. Japan is already a part of the 'Greater China Co-Prosperity Sphere' by economic necessity.

Long years ago during the Tang Dyasty the Jap emperor had to pay obeisance to the Chinese emperor.

History repeats itself.

Not only will China take over Japan in the coming decades, so too will China take over Southeast Asia except Indonesia which will align with Islamic states.

Last edited: