• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Childcare Education for Singaporeans' kids...

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living in JB schooling in Singapore

Anybody living in JB but sending their kids to school in Singapore? Can you share more details on the school bus service eg. the cost the pros and cons, as well as the pick up time from your JB house?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Living in JB schooling in Singapore

Torturing children.
Wake up as early as 4~5am I heard from other.

sofiaamelia

Alfrescian
Loyal

near my house got a school name 'kuan rou wu xiao' anyone know if i can enroll my kids there?

RUSTYZ

near my house got a school name 'kuan rou wu xiao' anyone know if i can enroll my kids there?

Kuan rou SEC quite competitive leh, my tou shou children sat and sun also got CCA leh, sat sun can see parents waiting outside the sch, I heard the number of subjets they study on par with sg plus need study malay. Malaysia children also tuition non stop even got taxi specially ferry student to between tuition centre. I think not healthy for the children.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Received a brochure from Tenby International School in Setia Eco Gardens.
It accepts age 3 till 16. Seems like a feasible alternative to Singapore education as it also follow the UK system all the way to GCSE ( I think O levels).
Just a rough guide, the fees are about RM10k per year for pre-primary.
RM15-21k for primary years.
RM24-26k for secondary years.
http://www.tenby.edu.my/v2/setiaecogardens/admission
Quite expensive though....

RUSTYZ

It accepts age 3 till 16. Seems like a feasible alternative to Singapore education as it also follow the UK system all the way to GCSE ( I think O levels).

Run a check to see if the sch is doing well,Sg so many such PTE sch close down and the student end up suffer big time.

IMO GCSE O level is a good goal for your children so they can further studies in AUS, uk and so on, do check if SG accept international Olevel to enter SG jc a not. Plan for the worse maybe can't afford at least can send to SG to study jc. I think Poly no prob

My two sen

Hope it help

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taking private education in JB seems expensive when you compare with education in SG where we can get it virtually free.
SG government should build primary and secondary schools next to the causeway and have school bus going to JB. haha.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taking private education in JB seems expensive when you compare with education in SG where we can get it virtually free.
SG government should build primary and secondary schools next to the causeway and have school bus going to JB. haha.

There is a singapore international school in hong Kong run by MOE where they teach based on the Singapore syllabus.
From pre-primary all the way to pre-university.

I think they should start one in JB.

tiantian68

Anybody living in JB but sending their kids to school in Singapore? Can you share more details on the school bus service eg. the cost the pros and cons, as well as the pick up time from your JB house?

i saw children travelling to and from SG daily esp those primary school students as early as 5am ++ by causeway link

thk its quite exhaustible

most children in JB study govt primary school then go to 'kuan rou' for their secondary school

tiantian68

Re: Don't mind can share whether or not to let our kids study in Malaysia ?

To all members here-- Don't mind if I ask where did your kids go to school? Which school and which area?

I dun have any idea where my kids can study in JB? I can't afford for international school in JB, cos its very ex.

If u guys can give me some idea maybe I will follow suit. Thks

most Johorean send their children to govt primary school but during secondary school, their children will go to 'kuan zhong'

molek

Hi i live in Taman Ponderosa, anybody got arangements / contacts to send kids to school in Singapore?

KINGFALCON

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's quite convenient to commute between if you leave near Woodlands and you can opt for a Malaysian registered car.

neshnara

Alfrescian
Loyal

It's quite convenient to commute between if you leave near Woodlands and you can opt for a Malaysian registered car.

Thanks for the reply. Lets say I do have a Malaysian car but I'm not allowed to drive a malaysian car into singapore since I'm a singaporean. So how do I go about it?

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal

i've found one that's cheaper (still expensive to many though)

http://seriomega.com/eng/courses.php

julyaric720

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is really cool, I like here!
girl.jpg

girl2.jpg

Xtreme

Hi everyone here,

I'm new here, me and my family is thinking to move over to JB, we managed to get a unit in Tropika. I've a query how do you all process the transferring of your primary school kids from your existing neighbourhood primary school to one of the primary school in Woodlands area (for example : existing AMK pri school transfer to Woodlands pri school). I have no idea how to go about this matter.

I would appreciate anyone here can give us some advise. Thank you in advance

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi everyone here,

I'm new here, me and my family is thinking to move over to JB, we managed to get a unit in Tropika. I've a query how do you all process the transferring of your primary school kids from your existing neighbourhood primary school to one of the primary school in Woodlands area (for example : existing AMK pri school transfer to Woodlands pri school). I have no idea how to go about this matter.

I would appreciate anyone here can give us some advise. Thank you in advance

Simple bro. Go to the school of your chooce direct to enquire. If they able to take in then they will inform u what to do next. My advice is for u to have a at least 3 schs in mind if not more. If ur child have gd results in eir current sch will increase d chance. All d best n do update us.

Xtreme

Tks friend, we r currently also reseaching JB side Private school, International school & their govern school. The eligibility to join Private or International school should'nt have a problem, but only on the $$, it is quite ex.. I am still reseaching on the Govern school sector, I think the important point is the standard as compare to Sin govern school. Perhaps anyone here can give their 2 cents advise which is the best move with reference to the child future development. Thanks in advance.