• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

chicken porridge at Giant Tampines foodcourt - WTF??

JuliaScissors

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the price i am complaining out really...it's more like how on earth one can serve such quantity ... fill which part of the stomach? LOL

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
See liao also no appetite.
Today I also just ate a bowl of fishball noodle at bishan interchange kopitiam. Well, no taste at all.

Those stalls really need to improve their food quality.
Else very soon have to close shop.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
had one this morning at Clementi, solid, man _ pork sliced, minced liver kidney lung heart spleen intestine everything also got, $3 only

add eeg 60 cents more

If you are talking about that stall in the Central hawker centre don't forget they also add bak-yew-poh bestest sial

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pappies tell you sinkieland is first world cuntry.
Most prices here is first world....
Food is still relatively cheap.....pappies will jack up this laggard.
Next is taxi fares.....expect these 2 items to go up up too like everything else.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not the price i am complaining out really...it's more like how on earth one can serve such quantity ... fill which part of the stomach? LOL

1. Mee Siam is also $3.50 in many places. No visible meat, just egg
2. Usually, the cost raw ingredient constitutes less than 20% of the final selling price, vendors should be generous in this aspect.
3. Even the stall sells you $3.50 no-chicken porridge or mee siam, they still don't huat big big because they are overwhelmed by the rentals.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
its not the price bro,its what u get for ur money....

You gave your money to PAP (CPF), you complaining about a bowl of porridge that cost more than $3 & little much as in ingredients, one Vivien, will ask you, you want cook house, Tung Luk or food court porridge....have a life!...pay, eat & don't complain:biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
No. Tastes like muay + chicken. To be fair i *THINK* it's a malay stall - stall is usually manned by a Malay. They probably don't know how to make real porridge.

Actually Indonesians have one of the best chicken porridge they call bubur ayam I always like to have a bowl when I'm there. Here's a photo I found thru google

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1. Mee Siam is also $3.50 in many places. No visible meat, just egg
2. Usually, the cost raw ingredient constitutes less than 20% of the final selling price, vendors should be generous in this aspect.
3. Even the stall sells you $3.50 no-chicken porridge or mee siam, they still don't huat big big because they are overwhelmed by the rentals.

MEE SIAM MAI HUM is priceless....anyway, outside food these days are getting from bad to horrible, we are just eating to fill our belly when we are hungry...sometimes, you wonder, what is different between the swill we used to feed the pigs in the past & now the food we eat?

The ingredients are not fresh, they are mass produced somewhere brought to location & cooked, they have foreigners preparing local food, following a formula...so what do you expect to get, for the price you pay??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually Indonesians have one of the bed chicken porridge they call bubur ayam I always like to have a bowl when I'm there. Here's a photo I found thru google

Nothing beats Clementi's Soon Lee Delicious Pork Porridge. No imitation halal bubur nasi will do.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MEE SIAM MAI HUM is priceless....anyway, outside food these days are getting from bad to horrible, we are just eating to fill our belly when we are hungry...sometimes, you wonder, what is different between the swill we used to feed the pigs in the past & now the food we eat?

The ingredients are not fresh, they are mass produced somewhere brought to location & cooked, they have foreigners preparing local food, following a formula...so what do you expect to get, for the price you pay??

Give your business to the local hawkers. Avoid the wannabe posh places (e.g. George Quek's Toast Box) which charge you a premium.