• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiams retain seats in Singapore People's Party CEC

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP is slacking, there are now 7 of them in Parleement, but the debates etc has been quiet,,,have they said anything about MCE? Have they said anything about why was there a need for MCE? Who benefits from the Marina Bay redevelopment? they are now as quiet as church mice, now only 2 years left,,if they put in the same amount of effort for east coast now as they did in aljunied, the chances will be better...

Debates have been quiet because the last Parliamentary seating was in Nov 12, long before MCE and the Little India incident. If you check the transcripts for the last seating on Nov 11-12, you will see that the WP members participated heavily in the debates and asked a lot of questions. If you don't know where to find the speeches and questions, please let me know I will be happy to teach you how to find. The next Parliamentary seating will be on Jan 20, let's see what happens then!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
mr chiam had contributed much to spore politics, we all should be grateful to him...unfortunately SPP will be history in a post CST era......just like the PAP after Mr. LKY...

Interestingly, all parties begin as personality based parties and may or may not outgrow this. No party can totally outgrow personality, but can reduce this to a large extent. PAP and WP are the best examples, so I don't agree that PAP will die after LKY.

The party that cannot outgrow personality before the personality leaves will stand a higher chance of dying off. SPP is one, but at least the Chiams can contribute to politics while they are at it.

Sometimes, personality based parties remain personality based parties, except that the personality changes. Eg SDP, from Chiam to Chee.

Even NSP began as a personality based party but a main founder Soon Kia Seng (2nd SDP chairman) died early.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interestingly, all parties begin as personality based parties and may or may not outgrow this. No party can totally outgrow personality, but can reduce this to a large extent. PAP and WP are the best examples, so I don't agree that PAP will die after LKY.

The party that cannot outgrow personality before the personality leaves will stand a higher chance of dying off. SPP is one, but at least the Chiams can contribute to politics while they are at it.

Sometimes, personality based parties remain personality based parties, except that the personality changes. Eg SDP, from Chiam to Chee.

Even NSP began as a personality based party but a main founder Soon Kia Seng (2nd SDP chairman) died early.

PAP is personality-based: Lee based ideas stay with any leader. Look at GCT

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal

LKY ideas are only relevant for reading material.....you just need to see how compacent the present leadership is.... more than enough to shame the PAP old Guard...my dear friend

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
LKY ideas are only relevant for reading material.....you just need to see how compacent the present leadership is.... more than enough to shame the PAP old Guard...my dear friend

In my view, there was only Goh Keng Swee and LKY in the old PAP.

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my view, there was only Goh Keng Swee and LKY in the old PAP.

...+ lim kim san, toh chin chye, rajanatam, hon sui sen;....the other i was just asking a top JC student about spore old guard and the answer i received was exactly 'your view'.....it's was a sad development indeed for the future ahead...

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hardly. If LKY was an immortal and still PM, many things will be different, although many will be the same.

If anything, PAP should be called an interest-based party.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those free agents who are until now hunting for the best option fail to realize that if do they find it, they have less than 2 years to do what they need to do to win an election. It baffles me that some of these intelligent "opposition interesters" lack the EQ to realize that jostling and being enigmatic and unpredictable are only going to hurt and not benefit themselves. Surprises don't win elections.

I know AYG, he is a very nice man. But I am not so sure about his political acumen.

Even WP for whatever reasons has slackened and has not covered another GRC to the same extent since. If national sentiments in 2016 are the same as in 2011, they probably wouldn't win the 2nd GRC.

Honestly, I have not seen the WP team at my doorstep during the last GE. Neither did they make any effort to be seen since then.
Anyway, I will still vote for them, if only to deny the pappies a strong mandate.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
...+ lim kim san, toh chin chye, rajanatam, hon sui sen;....the other i was just asking a top JC student about spore old guard and the answer i received was exactly 'your view'.....it's was a sad development indeed for the future ahead...

ok HSS include but Goh did the most out of the lot.