• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chee Soon Juan should quit politics

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why can't Dr Chee teach in a University, if not local, a foreign University and be a politician at the same time ?

Dr Tambyah is a full-time medical professor in NUH. Many PAP MPs have a full-time job outside Parliament. Mr Low TK runs his own business and helms WP at the same time.

I strongly feel that Dr Chee should start teaching in a University. Even if he is reluctant to move to another country, there are many foreign universities that have tie-up with local private schools.

All these years, I have no idea what kind of business?
Does any of you know whether he has a professional practice, an office, some limited company, what business, and where is the business address?

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told your guys Liao, SDP cannot be trusted ONE.

Pappy Tan
The only PAP 'B' Team Singaporeans witness past 20 years is SDP and Dr Chee. Dr Chee at 1994 broke up a perfectly growing SDP under Chiam See Tong and lost all 3 seats at GE1997 that was won at GE1991 under Chiam See Tong's SDP.

This is because Chee's SDP decide to focus on making as much inaccurate noise in Parliament, being aggressive in Parliament, exposing SDP to lawsuits , conducting civil disobedience and getting arrested rather than running town councils and bonding with residents via grassroots.

The loss caused Singaporeans to lose faith in Alternatives for 20 years untl GE2011 when WP made a difficult breakthrough. PAP kept harping Alternatives cannot run a SMC let alone a GRC because of SDP's loss at GE1997. SDP almost destroyed Alternatives Government Cause with their antics.

Civil disobedience, bankruptcy, arrests, lawsuits etc gave Alternatives a bad image and reminded Singaporeans to fear PAP even more. SDP actually helped made PAP more feared and more powerful instead and Singaporeans felt more hopeless.

Many good people wanted to join Alternatives but seeing Dr Chee's situation decided not to. This lack of good people joining Alternatives gave many Walkovers to PAP for 20 years in every elections. SDP only gave Walkovers to Singaporeans at elections because CSJ and gang kept getting barred from elections because
of their antics.

What choice, what democracy, what rights, what hope, what change, what impact and what freedom did SDP gave Singaporeans past 20 years ? Nothing at all.SDP did nothing at all to contribute to
the Alternative Government Cause.

Now PAP once again wants to unleash the Kraken in CSJ to confuse and disrupt alternative parties progress from GE2011 by agreeing to give discount from $500,000 to $30,000 so that CSJ can take part in elections. Destructive, disruptive and history repeats itself.

SPP at least kept one seat in Parliament for 15 years after GE1997 and never got voted out and lose seats before GE2011. SPP was already small and weak when Chiam started it. 15 years down the road under different political landscape, SPP did contest one GRC at least. One less than SDP only who under Chee did not grow much too despite having longer time of brand name.

It took Chiam and SDP 15 years to win 3 seats at GE1991. So how can you say SDP would not have grown under Chiam when SDP did grew under Chiam at GE1991.Not even WP lost seats before. JBJ was disqualified from Parliament after being charged and Yaw Shin Leong was sacked by WP. None was voted out.

SDP under Dr Chee after GE1997 past 15 years got voted out of Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central, never grow but got smaller and did not even win any seats. You call this good record ?

It is not grandmother's story but true facts. No Singaporean Alternatives Supporter want to sacrifice another 20 years and see no result from any Alternative Parties.

Technically and officially, somebody here said there is only one Opposition in Parliament which is WP because the rest are either NCMPs or alternative parties with no seats. Even to be Opposition, political parties need to win enough seats to be Opposition.

I still believe in growing only WP to be Government as fast as possible base on Hougang and Aljunied platforms. This is regardless what other alternative parties try to pull off, their antics and plans. Every party have its own style, voters will decide.

No point running down each alternative parties now. You can run down WP all you want ONLY after WP is government and be blamed for WP government policies.

No more Alternative Parties Musical Chairs we seen last 47 years.

What bloody use is NATO policies from SDP if SDP cannot win seats. Original idea of DEMOCRACY is change governments via voting, NOT change Opposition Parties. Where is the Alternative Government when voters keep growing and shrinking Opposition Parties while PAP happily stay in power. All those supporting SDP to take part are PAP IBs.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
by now, i hope guy know, why the pap give discount from $500,000 to $30,000 to the plant wayang SDP party. to those die hard opposition sarporter, ownself fuck ownself only, wait another 5 year, opposition still the same, CHEER!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
by now, i hope guy know, why the pap give discount from $500,000 to $30,000 to the plant wayang SDP party. to those die hard opposition sarporter, ownself fuck ownself only, wait another 5 year, opposition still the same, CHEER!

For discussion sake....assumed you are right.....pray tell how did CSJ fucked up this elections for his or other opposition parties? Only fielded 11 candidates.....and HBT is what most considered a tough GRC.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
RNexus, I was about to sign off.

But I will just reply quickly that in the end, until there is a level playing field like in most developed countries where statistics are transparent, there is only so much an oppo party can do.

BTW, there is also an SDP economic paper too. No time to go into details here.

Why even bother? So many words but it's just praising the PAP and rubbishing alternative views, while PRETENDING to be neutral and analytical. LOL. Take my advice, don't waist your energy and time. As Seneca says, don't waste your precious time.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these years, I have no idea what kind of business?
Does any of you know whether he has a professional practice, an office, some limited company, what business, and where is the business address?

He had a neuropsychology private practice after getting sacked. It got nowhere. He is surviving on his book sales and stipends from speeches he gave overseas. Go to his party website and these folks are quite approachable.

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
RNexus, I was about to sign off.

But I will just reply quickly that in the end, until there is a level playing field like in most developed countries where statistics are transparent, there is only so much an oppo party can do.

BTW, there is also an SDP economic paper too. No time to go into details here.

SDP did some policy write-ups at least that is a good start unlike the others. Only the healthcare proposal I find is good. The others are sketchy and it is still early days and it can only improve. Notwithstandingly, there are many policy overlaps with PAP. Also there is an attempt to link democracy with innovative spirit or economic growth by CSJ implied in his books. This may apply to commie states eg as seen in china when they opened up to more individual freedoms from late 70s. But democracy as defined by CSJ is not clear in my personal view despite him being an academic and intellectual. I do find it strange. There are many aspects of democracy eg economic and security freedoms here. I do have problems understanding his logic and find that there are sweeping statements made. Ok this is just my personal view.

Only thing I comment is that there are 'contradictions" in some SDP proposals which a proposal can have repercussions for the others. PAP being the governing party obvious has ironed out such contradictions, hence their policy proposals has a certain coherence.

Things are not static and can only change. The way SDP replied after GE results tell you at least now they are mature. Whether opposition or governing, you look forward to improve.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He had a neuropsychology private practice after getting sacked. It got nowhere. He is surviving on his book sales and stipends from speeches he gave overseas. Go to his party website and these folks are quite approachable.
He is very comfortable financially. Let's not worry over his welfare. This is a highly intelligent individual.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got random strangers passing him $10,000. Shouldn't be a problem for him to be a traitor dog and say bad things about Singapore in overseas talks.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about GMS? How is he surviving? Such friends you turn out to be, not caring for the lone fighter fighting to expose the corrupt ways of the WP.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get it into your heads. While the MONGREL who bit his masters hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan was going about his antics, Low Thia Khiang and Chiam See Tong continued to get re-elected. JB Jeyaratnam, Steve Chia and Sylvia Lim got elected as NCMPs. After that, Sylvia Lim, Pritam Singh, Chen Show Mao, Faisal Abdul Manap, Yaw Shin Liong, Png Eng Huat and Lee Li Lian got elected MPs. Gerald Giam and Yee Jenn Jong, followed by Terrence Tan and Leon Pereira and maybe Daniel Goh. The SDP despite all its lustre is left with one big fat zero.

Bottom line? The MONGREL who bit his masters hands LOUDHAILER chee soon juan is unelectable.

Hahaha. Don't fall off your chair. No, it is not another CSJ bashing piece.

The clarity of the mind is very important. A responsible man should protect his immediate family first - mother, wife, and children.

The media have been fixing you. Do not hope that they will stop and you could win*. There are also other uncontrollable factors. So what if you could win? By the next election, you are already 58. How many more years are there left?

Find a lecturing job on politics overseas. There is no shortage of ivy league universities willing to take you in.

Think of the type of education that your 3 children will be getting. Think of their future, their children's future. Think of the dignified lifestyle you and your wife will be leading. Conversely, think of the kind of shitty life you have in Singapore.

You need to sit down and think like a cunning economist or a calculative accountant. Do the pluses and minuses. The choice is clear. Be selfish and protect your family first. That is the hallmark of a good son, husband and father. A good man...credible man should have a sense of pride and not take all the shit hurled at you.

An intelligent man must know when to let go. The staggering no. of Facebook "likes" at 34,419 (as of 14/9/2015) is actually telling you to let go, not soldier on. You should let go at the height of your popularity. Keep the proceeds of your book sales and not squander it on another attempt at politics. The long queues are god's way of telling you to quit politics. Sell your HDB flat now when it is still worth something.

Please don't approach WP! It is silly!

* Expected outcome = probability(positive) + probability(negative)
The equation is very lopsided, made more lopsided by the media/dirty politics. It is stacked against you. It is a sure negative.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
NCMP is nominated, not elected based on electoral votes. Try to wrap your head around that first.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I went to an apartment in Holland road to check on my workers and the job. The uncle / owner said to me he prayed for CSJ to win. I shed a silent tear for "Da MAN" <3