• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheapskate distant relative at Marina Sands wedding in early 2011

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Against my wishes , my father invited relatives to my wedding dinner , when 1 family of 3 revert that they cant attend due to "an excuse" I was quietly happy. Then when they found out that my wedding is at marina Sands, they promptly called to inform that they can now attend....sad sad sad as I had been told this is a cheapskate family out to be free loaders all the time.

Came the wedding night , this couple , a Senior Counsel and senior manager SIA wife brought along teenage daughter . My parents were shocked when they opened the red packet on our behalf to find $100 in it. 3 persons attending a wedding dinner at the prestigious Marina Sands having the cheek to place $100 sheepishly into the red packet ! Are they that low class to take advantage of their relatives ?Sure they are aware going to hawker centre for Chi char also more than $100 nowadays, yet they kaka give $100. Suay to have such free loader relatives , still cannot get over this episode of my important day in life.

* Dinner menu included Sharksfin soup and Abalone too.

You should no expect others to pay for tour wedding. If cannot afford to have wedding Marina Sand then dont expect book the weeding dinner there.
If all just pack $50 then how? Force then with knife to come out another $200?

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
I disagree with you , it is often understood when one is invited to a dinner to find out where it is held and you will roughly know the price of 1 table

How do you know it is widely understood? Can you quote some sources that many Singaporeans know about this?

You are just blaming your relatives when you didn't communicate your expectations well at all.
I bet your uneducated parents just tell them to come and don't worry about the red packet.

Another cheebye useless Sinkie. Your lowly educated parents and your show-off attitude show that you are another peasant descendent!

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honestly, you expect people to pay for your decision to show-off?

You have a choice if you want to invite them or not.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
u want face, so u hold the wedding at MBS.

u want face, so u invite all the tom dicks n harrys

n now u want to complain ang pows < expenses?

wat's next? U complain bridesmaid more chio than the bride? LOL

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Senior counsel and sia senior manager give 100?
U sure bo? Nowsadays Malay void deck wedding also bao this amount already.

lianbeng feels that she should expose the names and even photos of her cheapskate relatives so that the whole world knows about them mah. since they dun give her face why should she give them face?:confused:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
... and Ah Beng has the cheek to label local Chinese girls as materalistic and PRC mei meis as gold diggers. You reap what you sow.

-

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me and my wife didn't hold any wedding dinner. We just went ROM to register, then went airport to take off for our honeymoon. We invited some closer relatives and friends to the airport for the send-off, some photo-taking, a light meal and a round of beers and cheers at the terrace cafeteria, we footing the bill of course. That's all. No red packets required or expected but we still received some.

I've attended once Chinese restaurant wedding dinner of Chinese friends when I was younger. It was good food but horribly unhygienic Chinese practice of everyone dipping their chopsticks and spoons into the common dishes. I've never attended again. Whenever I receive an invitation, I take it as a $20 summon, give a $20 red packet for well wishes with a note that I'm not free to attend.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Against my wishes , my father invited relatives to my wedding dinner , when 1 family of 3 revert that they cant attend due to "an excuse" I was quietly happy. Then when they found out that my wedding is at marina Sands, they promptly called to inform that they can now attend....sad sad sad as I had been told this is a cheapskate family out to be free loaders all the time.

Came the wedding night , this couple , a Senior Counsel and senior manager SIA wife brought along teenage daughter . My parents were shocked when they opened the red packet on our behalf to find $100 in it. 3 persons attending a wedding dinner at the prestigious Marina Sands having the cheek to place $100 sheepishly into the red packet ! Are they that low class to take advantage of their relatives ?Sure they are aware going to hawker centre for Chi char also more than $100 nowadays, yet they kaka give $100. Suay to have such free loader relatives , still cannot get over this episode of my important day in life.

* Dinner menu included Sharksfin soup and Abalone too.

A good friend who lend you money don't expect you to pay back.

In your case, tt does not matter if he finds out that your dinner was held at Marina Sands, you are speculating that he will come because of that.

Look like you want to hold a glamours wedding dinner at the expenses of your guests you invited.

You shd join m&d holding at void deck and you will know who are your good friends? It is your father relatives and in this case you shd make your father happy not grumbling about how much was in the ang pow.

Don't inivte anyone to your daughter or son wedding (if you have kids) since you peeped into the ang pows and that is disgusting.

I once gave $1 ang pow to a friend wedding. I put $1 on the ang pow to make fun of him. He never made a fuss nor grumbled to anybody or among friends until I brought it out. He said he and his wife had forgotten about it totally and don't expect his 'honorable guests' to help foot his wedding dinner.

To him kinships are more important that ang pows received. He was rewarded with a life time kinship and 2 free air tickets plus fully paid holiday to China from me.

Now since you grumbled so much over the ang pow receivecd, I will also give you two air tickets plus fully paid holidays to visit Sendai Japan to tour the devasting Tsunami did to Japan. People there are asking whether their relatives, friends or family are still alive or not?

For a happy occasion to celebrate your forming a new family, don't look what's inside the ang pows. You may need your kinships one day if PAP run road with all your CPF and GIC monies, and CSJ or GMS cannot help you much.

Now you know who to votes this GE? This one you can peep into the ang pow and see how much PAP give you .... hehehehe

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng feels that she should expose the names and even photos of her cheapskate relatives so that the whole world knows about them mah. since they dun give her face why should she give them face?:confused:

He should have adopted old Hainanese style where they will open all ang pows at the door and announce the amount and write details on a board. Show offs used to get off on this and cheapos will be weeded out.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

===
not difficult to find out the identities...given the clues in the statement...question is whether true or not.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Me and my wife didn't hold any wedding dinner. We just went ROM to register, then went airport to take off for our honeymoon. We invited some closer relatives and friends to the airport for the send-off, some photo-taking, a light meal and a round of beers and cheers at the terrace cafeteria, we footing the bill of course. That's all. No red packets required or expected but we still received some.

I've attended once Chinese restaurant wedding dinner of Chinese friends when I was younger. It was good food but horribly unhygienic Chinese practice of everyone dipping their chopsticks and spoons into the common dishes. I've never attended again. Whenever I receive an invitation, I take it as a $20 summon, give a $20 red packet for well wishes with a note that I'm not free to attend.
No offense but $20 seems little. Rule of thumb for me is 50% discount from what i originally wanted to give if i am not attending beforehand. If last minute cannot attend then its full sum.

What i dun like are those collegues or aquaintances who invited me almost last minute (probably after main guests RSVPed and they have excess of seats).... knowing full well i wont be attending

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
[]
Even for normal friend or colleague,I also give ang pao $100.oo for a hotel wedding dinner for one person.Luckily,u did not read out their ang pao contributions for 3 persons on the spot on the day of your wedding !

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What i dun like are those collegues or aquaintances who invited me almost last minute (probably after main guests RSVPed and they have excess of seats).... knowing full well i wont be attending
i dun like ppl invite me juz to make the seats count.
why? cuz the bridegroom afraid empty seats will lose money.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats the problem when these couple wants to show off.......

i remembered going to a wedding at a high class hotel.......everything top notch....even invited celebrity as MC but the parents invited their heartlander relatives/friends.....a few came in slippers and shorts even.......after getting drunk were making creating commotions and one lau uncle even insisted on getting on stage to sing karaoke.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i dun like ppl invite me juz to make the seats count.
why? cuz the bridegroom afraid empty seats will lose money.:oIo::oIo::oIo:

agreed, i once went to Conrad for a wedding....the tables there were apparently catered for 8 persons but knn the couple squeezed the usual 10 guests into every table......ended up still hungry after the dinner.
They probably learnt from MRT to maximise profits

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those Sinkie sheeps like to show off..
Earning only $2,000 per month but a lot can hold wedding costing $40,000 and above...

What sheeps..

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ironic thing is, for weddings, u can invite people and u hiam about the amt received..

how come we neber see people complain relative give very little pek gim?