• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chateau de Holland Rd

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
by Tay Suan Chiang
The Business Times
Thursday, Feb 20, 2014

http://business.asiaone.com/property/showcase/chateau-de-holland-rd

Former PAP MP Dr Michael Lim inviting a French Revolution in Singapore... :rolleyes:

What is your opinion of this? opulence? decadence?

bt_hollandchateau.jpg

1.jpg

02.jpg

A VISIT to Dr Michael Lim's home is much like visiting a chateau in France but without having to endure a 12-hour long flight. The European experience starts right at the compound gate, where a pair of larger than life centurion statues stand guard.

Like with most chateaus, this one, off Holland Road, comes with an immensely long driveway, before a two-storey mansion with elaborate columns, a steeply-pitched roof, and a water fountain right up front, comes into view.

"When you look at the house, you think you are somewhere in Europe rather than in Singapore," quips Dr Lim, medical director at the Singapore Heart, Stroke & Cancer Centre, who drew up the design of his home after visiting several French chateaus and the Palace of Versailles for inspiration. - See more at: http://business.asiaone.com/property/showcase/chateau-de-holland-rd#sthash.2Hmn4M4H.dpuf

simple is still betterer

a9cf26b2388e492e8bc6e37aed27bdd8.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

simple is still betterer

a9cf26b2388e492e8bc6e37aed27bdd8.jpg

Photo of Oxley is just for show
In practice dat fella mostly use
Grand premises at the Istana
Paid for by daft Sinkie taxpayers
Hospital visits also bery special

Everything simple is wayang
Grandeur all behind closed doors
Until dat fella not alert or kalang kabok
Like when Gecko got stroke in London

Even send her to public hospital there
Think got special privilege like in Sinkieland
Kalang kabok until must hijack whole plane
Slip up revealed Grandeur for all to see :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This doctor so haolian....
Wait crooks kidnap he or the family members then he know....
Or gigolos will target his wife....

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the amount of frogs.leavng the country to get work overseas is no small amount too.
shows how well th frog economy is doing..

Only useless frog I see in dis thread
Is person behind de nick Hypocrite
Probably a firm Lightning sarporker
Pretending to live in Perth Australia
Bought all of the myths told
By his favourite White Scums

Finally we come to those two big myths about the French economy; a) that the French are always on strike, and b) that the French work far less than other nations.

If a nation's workers were constantly on strike, that would be a serious economic handicap; fortunately this is not the case in France, and commentators who suggest otherwise are just making things up. According to the IMD survey of 2008, France continues to lose less days to strikes per 1000 inhabitants (3.67 days) than either the UK (10.06) or the USA (5.67). The problem in France is that strikes are highly visible, because they tend to be concentrated in large public services and give rise to major protests and demonstrations in Paris.... within a few hundred yards of bureaux of many of the world's main TV stations, press agencies, newspaper correspondents and other purveyors of news. When French public servants strike, the world knows all about it. Conversely the world never hears much about the vast majority of employees in France who never go on strike.

As for the perception that French workers work far less than their counterparts in other countries, that is not always the case. It is certainly true in some sectors, notably in the public sector and in large industries ; but it is not at all true in others. According to the International Labor Organization, management level employees in France work among the longest hours in Europe (almost 10% longer than in the UK), while the workforce works slightly below the European average, putting in comparable hours to workers in Sweden, but more than workers in the Netherlands, Norway or Denmark. ILO figures (2008) also show that labor productivity in France, in terms of GDP per hour worked, is the second highest in Europe after Norway, and only fractionally lower than in the USA. Thanks to this, France has up to now managed to remain a major exporting nation and one of the top six economies in the world – though maintaining this position will not be easy, and France's manufactured exports are currently declining at an alraming rate.

In the end, perhaps the main perceived weakness of the French economy is that it is not run on quite the same model as what the French refer to as the "Anglo-Saxon" economies. This does not make it intrinsically less successful, just different, though not so very different. France is home to many world-scale corporations; it has its millionnaires and its entrepreneurs, several of the best business schools in Europe, its rich and its poor. However the gap between the rich and poor is not as flagrant as it is in many other countries, and the French want to keep it this way. The French - as a nation - believe in strong state and state intervention. Though they complain about high taxation, and though complaints are in 2013 becoming increasingly common, they do so less than people in other countries, and generally accept that it is a necessity required to pay for their excellent welfare state. For instance, they would rise up in rebellion (like citizens in the UK or virtually any other western nation) if any governement suggested curtailing the public health care system in order to reduce taxes.

http://about-france.com/geo/french-economy.htm

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
French migration, especially of the high income earners is being driven by Hollande high income tax policy. This is why many have moved to the UK to reduce their personal tax burden.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the amount of frogs.leavng the country to get work overseas is no small amount too.
shows how well th frog economy is doing..

The amount of Sinkies leaving Little Red Dot
Is mind boggling and it's the smarter ones too
Shows how well Lightning Gahbrament has done
In creating East India Company Number Two
Forging a nation it has failed and miserably so
When it knows darn well island has no resources
To speak of other than human capital
French expatriates long to return home
Singaporean Upgraders on other hand
Try to avoid Sinkies even when abroad

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow,,,I am now being called a PAppie.,,I guess the real enemies of society are the fuckwit leftwing bleeding heart liberal assholes and right wing rent seeking scums. These are the 2 factions that are making the world a more fuck up place to live in and like the typical assholes and scums that they are,,,they will never admit it.

Only useless frog I see in dis thread
Is person behind de nick Hypocrite
Probably a firm Lightning sarporker
Pretending to live in Perth Australia
Bought all of the myths told
By his favourite White Scums

http://about-france.com/geo/french-economy.htm

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow,,,I am now being called a PAppie.,,I guess the real enemies of society are the fuckwit leftwing bleeding heart liberal assholes and right wing rent seeking scums. These are the 2 factions that are making the world a more fuck up place to live in and like the typical assholes and scums that they are,,,they will never admit it.

Wow, some people are really sensitive
I guess, no I know the real enemies of society
Are fuckwit Hypocrites who like to use labels
Look at only one side of any issue or question
Whoever points this out to him
Is either "liberal" or "fascist" or whatever
Scums in White share this trait
I have news for you Mister Hypocrite
Your definition of liberal is different from mine

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i wonder if alot of MPs and ex MPs live in similar flash houses with wine cellars or freidges even if they dont like drinking or are allergic

Don't rule it out.. So far only this egomaniac prick opened the door of his grand house to a reporter..

Even if the rest of Pappy top dogs have houses as grand as an English castle, they won't openly show their houses to the public for fear of being seen as to be too disconnected with the common man on the street..

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Feel free to disclose where the Pappy scums are staying, what type of landed properties they own..

Yakult staying at East Coast Dunbar Walk.. There is a small Poodles guard post outside his terrace house..

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Feel free to disclose where the Pappy scums are staying, what type of landed properties they own..

Yakult staying at East Coast Dunbar Walk.. There is a small Poodles guard post outside his terrace house..

oh if i do that, i MiGHT end up in changi for sure

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so ALL ministers have guards? what about MPs?