• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Canadian PR

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Flight Options: SIN-NRT-YVR

Ever since SIA abandoned the SIN-GMP-YVR route, travelling to Canada has been a pain.

It looks like the best options is from Singapore to Canada is via Japan. There are plenty of Japanese flying to YVR and from YVR, one can take a domestic flight to most other cities in Canada.

Flights from SIN to YVR going through USA airports is not desirable because going through USA is a pain.

What are the flights available from SIN-NRT-YVR? How much is the tickets? What airlines? Flight no? Able to connect to the NRT-YVR flight?

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIN638 to Narita & AC4 to YVR at ballpark of $1000, flight time of 25h20mins. Layover at Narita is 9h40mins.

United 882 to Narita & AC4 to YVR at ballpark of $1100, flight time of 18h5mins. Layover at Narita is 2h30mins.

If you have an iPhone, use Hipmunk to search for options.

I would advise sticking to one carrier for multiple trips. Your accrued mileage will offset future trips or allow upgrades in time to come.

Get a Canadian credit card that accumulates flyer mileage instead of reward points for claiming useless items. Within 2-3 fully paid trips, you earn enough mileage to offset a round-trip completely along with your carrier miles.

panama said:
What are the flights available from SIN-NRT-YVR? How much is the tickets? What airlines? Flight no? Able to connect to the NRT-YVR flight?

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIN638 to Narita & AC4 to YVR at ballpark of $1000, flight time of 25h20mins. Layover at Narita is 9h40mins.

United 882 to Narita & AC4 to YVR at ballpark of $1100, flight time of 18h5mins. Layover at Narita is 2h30mins.

Thanks for the excellent information. SQ, UA and AC are all members of Star Alliance so I think both options would accumulate points for the same mileage program.

Any credit card that you would recommend? Think that Air Miles card is useful? I have Air Miles but never did think I could earn enough points to claim a SIN-YVR flight. Within Canada/USA maybe.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
RBC has an Avion card. TD may have an equivalent. Charge as much of your expenses to the card as possible and pay off the CC bill in full every cycle. Stick to 1 CC - this builds up your credit history and puts your CA finances in good standing with the credit bureau. Of course, check the fine print on mileage claims via CC.

Carrier-specific air miles cards vary in their value. You would want to scrutinize the T&C's and compare with competitors. Delta, for example, has life-time mileage points with no expiry. Depending on the distance, 3 fully-paid round trips can earn you enough points to upgrade from cattle class, or offset the cost of your ticket. This applies if you're traveling between SG & CA.

One more thing: it costs less for CA-SG-CA round-trips compared to SG-CA-SG round-trips. You're talking about savings of SGD300-500 per round trip. The former are mostly Air Canada flights connected to other carriers (UA, CX, SQ, etc) to-and-fro. The downside would be the lower service level on Air Canada flights compared to other carriers; it sucks when you're on the 10-13hr legs with poor food, refreshments and service.

panama said:
Any credit card that you would recommend? Think that Air Miles card is useful? I have Air Miles but never did think I could earn enough points to claim a SIN-YVR flight. Within Canada/USA maybe.

Lovenest

Alfrescian
Loyal
why big country like canada take donkey years to issue PR? Singapore PR & citizenship are like toilet paper...

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good advice, indig10. Thanks. Any comments about this: Sometimes I walk past Flight Centre, look at the fares in the window, they have flights to maybe HongKong for $800. When I ask them, they say it is those "2nd tier" airlines like maybe Asiana, Eva Air and such. Do you think it is worthwhile flying those airlines? So far, I flew SQ, UA and AC to Canada.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
This article, on how frequent flyer programs works, describes the 'tier' model:
http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/destinations/travel-guide/ff-programs1.htm and whether it may be worthwhile.

panama said:
Any comments about this: Sometimes I walk past Flight Centre, look at the fares in the window, they have flights to maybe HongKong for $800. When I ask them, they say it is those "2nd tier" airlines like maybe Asiana, Eva Air and such. Do you think it is worthwhile flying those airlines? So far, I flew SQ, UA and AC to Canada.

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any one here been to Montreal?

Oh my God!!!

Beautiful, model-like white women everywhere -- it is like a giant eye-candy shop!!!

Time2Evacuate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wait till you check out New York, Chicago, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Dallas and Palm Beach.

Lol! I have lived and worked in the US for over 10 years (NYC).

I personally don't think the white women in NY rank close to the French Canadian women generally.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol! I have lived and worked in the US for over 10 years (NYC).

I personally don't think the white women in NY rank close to the French Canadian women generally.

quebec chicks are slimmer and more tender. american and canadian women in general outside of quebec are fatter and not as slender. of course, there are exceptions but the chicks in quebec are more like their distant cousins in france.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
quebec chicks are slimmer and more tender. american and canadian women in general outside of quebec are fatter and not as slender. of course, there are exceptions but the chicks in quebec are more like their distant cousins in france.

It is the diet that results in whether or not an individual is slim or fat. You may or may not have read or heard about a French lady who was slim and trim, but put on about 20kg after studying and residing in North America for 4 years.

Perhaps, most North Americans eat too much "fast food" such as hamburgers and fries, pizza, chicken wings, etc. Whereas, the traditional French diet is nowhere as much calories, regardless of the wine, baquette and cheese.

Accordingly, even the ladies in the Province of Quebec is not immune to the resultant effects of the North American diet, unless they diligently exercise 4 to 5 times a week.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is the diet that results in whether or not an individual is slim or fat. You may or may not have read or heard about a French lady who was slim and trim, but put on about 20kg after studying and residing in North America for 4 years.

soda, hydrogenated oil, transfat, corn syrup, corn fed beef, hormone-enhanced milk, gmo food in america are culprits. the food and beverage industry is huge in the u.s., and they lobby congress hard to push their collective agenda not to turn the apple cart of profit. quebec women, like euro women, tend to eat more healthily, and their food sources are from more traditional farming and growing methods. the french lady you speak of most likely had little choice with f&b selections while in university. university food is atrocious.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I agree with your post.

Simply put: a salad with olive oil and lemon juice or some balsamic vinegar is preferred compared to commercially prepared sald dressing, any meat without the batter and deep fried is preferred.

When I was in Marseille, my host family cooked very healthy and balanced meals, although I bought 3 baquettes every morning. Very little if not no sugar, oil, soda (soft drink), but mineral water and wine.

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are these prices from Hipmunk? Is it ok for Canadians to buy online from Hipmunk?

Which brick and mortar store (Flight Centre etc) offer air fares on AC/UA for about $1000?

Ok to buy from Air Canada/United Airlines website?

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any one here been to Montreal?

Oh my God!!!

Beautiful, model-like white women everywhere -- it is like a giant eye-candy shop!!!

Never been to Montreal but European women are the same, I have fucked many.

They are great in bed, provided you get one with good hygiene.

Outside the bed, not so great, they are mostly aggressive (think it makes them seem 'confident') and trying to be men.

manfrommars

Alfrescian
Loyal

Perhaps, most North Americans eat too much "fast food" such as hamburgers and fries, pizza, chicken wings, etc. Whereas, the traditional French diet is nowhere as much calories, regardless of the wine, baquette and cheese.

Accordingly, even the ladies in the Province of Quebec is not immune to the resultant effects of the North American diet, unless they diligently exercise 4 to 5 times a week.

North Americans are whales.

Disgusting continent.

indig10

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for upping my points. These prices are from Hipmunk and in CAD, for flights within 1-5 days of ETD, taxes not included. I've never bought directly from Hipmunk so I'm not too sure about whether it's okay to buy online from them, but the prices after tax are close to the prices quoted by Flight Centre.

I usually do a comparison between Hipmunk, Kayak, Flight Centre b&m stores and airline websites. My deciding factors are cost and mileage accumulation so I don't mind flights with 2 connections and US layovers. The flights with only 1 connection and no US layovers are much more expensive e.g. YVR-HKG-SIN upwards of CAD$2300 after taxes are included. You can verify that at Flight Centre stores.

If you're making frequent trips, better sense to stick to Air Canada and accumulate miles.

panama said:
Are these prices from Hipmunk? Is it ok for Canadians to buy online from Hipmunk?

Which brick and mortar store (Flight Centre etc) offer air fares on AC/UA for about $1000?

Ok to buy from Air Canada/United Airlines website?