• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Money Buy Happiness?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
It is widely accepted that money can’t buy you love. Now a new study has found that it can buy you happiness – but only up to a point.

National happiness rises as a country’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita climbs, but tails off when the rising wealth creates higher aspirations – which often lead to a sense of disappointment, according to the study from the University of Warwick.

In wealthy countries this “sweet spot” is found at around £22,100 (SGD 45,000), after which, happiness decreases as our aspirations for better-quality housing, a higher standard of education and consumer goods lead to increased levels of anxiety and stress.

Can Money Buy Happiness for You? Share your thoughts!

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Just to let you know that Singapore GDP per capita is USD51,709.45 (about SGD65,000)....

jw5

Loyal
Got money - not necessarily happy.

No money - for sure not happy.

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
I spoke to a young gal today. She say she doent mind marrying a rich man even though she is more in love with a poorer man.

Money sure can buy happiness...

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beer can bring me lots of happiness. Beer inspires. Beer soothes all problems and puts them in proper perspective.

Me and beer are very good friends. We know where to find each other :rolleyes:

orbin

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is widely accepted that money can’t buy you love. Now a new study has found that it can buy you happiness – but only up to a point.

National happiness rises as a country’s gross domestic product (GDP) per capita climbs, but tails off when the rising wealth creates higher aspirations – which often lead to a sense of disappointment, according to the study from the University of Warwick.

In wealthy countries this “sweet spot” is found at around £22,100 (SGD 45,000), after which, happiness decreases as our aspirations for better-quality housing, a higher standard of education and consumer goods lead to increased levels of anxiety and stress.

Can Money Buy Happiness for You? Share your thoughts!

How are you Ah Meng? Are you unhappy?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
How are you Ah Meng? Are you unhappy?

I am averagely happy with my life. Enuff to spend, splurge a little sometimes.

But I am increasingly digusted (unhappy) with PAP importing so many foreignors and screwing Singapore...

Last edited: