• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can I live in my condo and rent out my HDB?

(o)(o)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of buying a condo now, but I plan to keep my HDB flat. Can I live in my Condo and lease out my HDB flat?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rent It Out To FTs ?

Can, but after your min 5 year's stay (0)(0)
(y)

:smile:

Is it good to rent out to Indo, PRCs and Pinoys who will come here to work and study ?

Let's say there's a fire in the kitchen, then who shall pay for the damage ?

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Rent It Out To FTs ?

Is it good to rent out to Indo, PRCs and Pinoys who will come here to work and study ?

Let's say there's a fire in the kitchen, then who shall pay for the damage ?

The insurer! Every HDB must buy fire insurance!

If really worried, then buy home content insurance too.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you have this: (y); anything goes..:smile:
But certainLy not with this: ( ww ) .. :eek:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thinking of buying a condo now, but I plan to keep my HDB flat. Can I live in my Condo and lease out my HDB flat?

global financial crisis is round the corner and you wanna buy condo ?!

when prices fall by 50% if not more............decreasing rental will not cover the loss...............

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sengkang Or Punggol ?

The insurer! Every HDB must buy fire insurance!

If really worried, then buy home content insurance too.

Many Sinkies have made their ways to a new estate called Punggol. So, it was heralded as the Punggol21 thing. The biggest thought I have is that people are saying that it is cheaper than those NEW flats in Queenstown and Clementi. I guess AMK and TPY new gen flats aren't cheap too. :confused:

What's wrong with Punggol ? Is Sengkang better than Punggol ?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Sengkang Or Punggol ?

Many Sinkies have made their ways to a new estate called Punggol. So, it was heralded as the Punggol21 thing. The biggest thought I have is that people are saying that it is cheaper than those NEW flats in Queenstown and Clementi. I guess AMK and TPY new gen flats aren't cheap too. :confused:

What's wrong with Punggol ? Is Sengkang better than Punggol ?

Location is everything. Usually the closer to the city centre the more expensive it gets. What is better really depends on your priorities.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money Money Money

global financial crisis is round the corner and you wanna buy condo ?!

when prices fall by 50% if not more............decreasing rental will not cover the loss...............

Will the poorer and cheaper labourers come to Sinkiesland instead of FTs ? If that is so, then it is still okay to rent HDB flats out. However, you may have a harder time renting your condos out for profits since there aren't many companies hiring FTs and FTs have to go home.

Got money, got talk.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice Place

Location is everything. Usually the closer to the city centre the more expensive it gets. What is better really depends on your priorities.

There are a few complaints regarding Punggol as well as Sengkang - F15 Eagles roaring in the sky, far away from basic amenities and the water pollution worry.

The mature or older estates are more stable but they lack the freshness. I visited Punggol five years ago, and I was impressed with the modern design of those flats. You don't feel that you are in Sinkiesland because of the old impression of ghetto type HDB flats of yesteryears. They looked like condos without walls and sentry posts.

punggol_topaz.jpg

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont understand why people come to this forum asking stupid questions, for answers which can easily be googled. OF COURSE YOU CANNOT.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hdb

Yes. Cannot. New rules.

Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

Citizenship
Flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must be a Singapore Citizen (SC). Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) flat owners are not allowed to sublet their flat.

Minimum Occupation Period
SC flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must meet a 3 or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) as follows:

3 years
  • Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) and the application to buy the flat was received by HDB before 30 Aug 2010.

5 years

• Non-subsidised flat (flat purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant) and the application to buy the flat was received by HDB on or after 30 Aug 2010.
  • Subsidised flat (flat purchased directly from HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant)

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eligibility Conditions: Flat Owners

Citizenship
Flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must be a Singapore Citizen (SC). Singapore Permanent Resident (SPR) flat owners are not allowed to sublet their flat.

Minimum Occupation Period
SC flat owners who wish to sublet their flat must meet a 3 or 5-year Minimum Occupation Period (MOP) as follows:

3 years............
5 years............

The question was buy another condo and stay in it and rent out the HDB flat. You cannot buy a condo while owning a HDB flat.

Last edited: