• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Calista Goh not shiok enough??!?

counsel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maxim readership drops, buy Maxim to support Calista Goh lah

Oct 23, 2008

Maxim magazine folds up

By Chua Hian Hou

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=bottom><TD width=330>
ln-sg-maxim.jpg

</TD><TD width=10>
c.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>
c.gif

Falling circulation and 'borderline' profitablity is behind the Maxim closure, said SPH Magazines chief executive Loh Yew Seng. -- PHOTO: SPH
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LAD mag Maxim will cease publication, while photography magazine Photovideoi will be incorporated into a sister publication, said SPH Magazines on Thursday.

Falling circulation and 'borderline' profitablity is behind the Maxim closure, said SPH Magazines chief executive Loh Yew Seng.

Mr Loh said the readership and advertising support for lad mags here and globally 'has dwindled over time.'

And since 'resources are limited, we may as well focus on those that will give us maximum benefit in the long run.'

SPH Magazines titles like Men's Health, with a readership of 70,000, has overtaken lad mags in popularity in the men's magazines category, according to the Nielsen Media Index released last week. Lad mags used to dominate the category.

Maxim, launched in Oct 2004, has a readership of 23,000, according to the index. And photography magazine Photovideoi, launched in Dec 2003, will no longer be published as a standalone publication but will become part of consumer technology magazine HWM Singapore from next month.

All staff from both magazines will be 'retained and redeployed'.

Subscribers of the two magazines can switch their subscriptions to alternative titles or opt for a pro-rata refund.

SPH Magazines, which publishes over 100 titles including Her World, Shape and Torque, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Singapore Press Holdings.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if i want to see great looking women with like bit of clothes on, i just go to BOSS alternate site, it all free. Why need to pay $4 to look at some old looking bitch posing in bikini.:rolleyes:

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lingerie not bikini but I agree that she has an old looking bitch face and better to go to Sam's othersite for free:biggrin:
if i want to see great looking women with like bit of clothes on, i just go to BOSS alternate site, it all free. Why need to pay $4 to look at some old looking bitch posing in bikini.:rolleyes:

lightwalk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think maxim is better than fhm. I bought the first few isssues and the girls were way hotter than the ones in fhm.