• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying Rolex Is A Better Investment

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you own a Rolex watch, Be prepare to pay a bomb for servicing. It seem to me now Agent is charging exorbitant price for servicing. Minimum $500 with out spare parts.
I bought a Submariner Date in 1978 for $1200 then. Every about 5 years I send for servicing. I hand serviced the watch including parts. All along have not exceed $200. The last servicing was in 1996.
In 2008, I sent the watch for servicing. Can you imagine, the cost of it. $900 without spare parts. So Estimate at $1300. I was thinking must well sell it. At that time the market rate was min $9000. It was in very bad condition. So finally sold to a watch collector for $9300. At first offer me $6000. But I showed him my email from reputable Rolex dealer in London quoting me min $9000 and upon inspecting the watch ( was bout to go to London).
So I called this reputable local watch collecter asking if he can offer me more than $9000. So, finally settle for $9300.
With the money, I went to PPC to get a brand new Green Sub M series for $8500, guarantee card printed my name, sent from ToKyo Rolex Centre to me in a month.
Prepare to pay a hefty price for servicing.