• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buying a property Leasehold or freehold better??

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think I have seen the ad for this condo. Is it a leasehold property?

Congrats on finding the one that fits your requirements. :smile:

Yes bro the ad is still on iproperly, it's leasehold. I went to view one Sunday with my wife and kids, wow!!!!!

We love it at 1st sight!!! Told the agent I want this unit, reserve for me no matter what. The seller is Singaporean Also, very good seller, cos I told my agent we need to move out from Singapore flat after 2nd appointment, the seller allow us to move in with discounted rental while waiting for permit to buy. If its free much better, but can't ask much, must be humble. I can't wait to leave!!! But got 1 problem, dun know where my kids go school??? Maybe in Chinese school there, if not just stay home, no need to study la!!! Maybe u guys can suggest??

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think I have seen the ad for this condo. Is it a leasehold property?

Congrats on finding the one that fits your requirements. :smile:

How are you bro abugumgum? You are one of those i really want to see happy here. :smile:
Hope it will go well for you, bros here like Lglab, RT and the new guys as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes bro the ad is still on iproperly, it's leasehold. I went to view one Sunday with my wife and kids, wow!!!!!

We love it at 1st sight!!! Told the agent I want this unit, reserve for me no matter what. The seller is Singaporean Also, very good seller, cos I told my agent we need to move out from Singapore flat after 2nd appointment, the seller allow us to move in with discounted rental while waiting for permit to buy. If its free much better, but can't ask much, must be humble. I can't wait to leave!!! But got 1 problem, dun know where my kids go school??? Maybe in Chinese school there, if not just stay home, no need to study la!!! Maybe u guys can suggest??

Happy for you, good to get a base first regardless freehold or leasehold. It will definitely lower your total cost of living unless you go to extremes in spending here.

There is actually a chinese school right in Perling so you can try there. The chinese schools have standard but are concentrating more on Chinese. There is also internationals schools as well nearby. If all else fails, you can get a van to do transport to and fro Singapore like the guys below, they are mainly doing carpooling type so areas of coverage may be restricted though:

Kevin
+60 2 9800 6625
+60 16 790 4209

Rachel
+60 2 8106 1630
+60 16 790 4178

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Happy for you, good to get a base first regardless freehold or leasehold. It will definitely lower your total cost of living unless you go to extremes in spending here.

There is actually a chinese school right in Perling so you can try there. The chinese schools have standard but are concentrating more on Chinese. There is also internationals schools as well nearby. If all else fails, you can get a van to do transport to and fro Singapore like the guys below, they are mainly doing carpooling type so areas of coverage may be restricted though:

Kevin
+60 2 9800 6625
+60 16 790 4209

Rachel
+60 2 8106 1630
+60 16 790 4178

Thks bro wuqi, u have been great help!!!

God bless u many many!!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how many years left for the condo? I remember seeing that ad before.

I can see and feel your excitements. All seen through your exclamation marks :wink: glad something is working out for u. All the best

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, how many years left for the condo? I remember seeing that ad before.

I can see and feel your excitements. All seen through your exclamation marks :wink: glad something is working out for u. All the best

Bro according to agent the unit only 5 yrs old. Everything nicely done! 7aircons , built in cabinets in all the rooms. I dun need to do anything at all and just bring my lunguage!!!! Hahahahahaha

Very happy!!!!!M

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, just a word of caution. The building might be 5 years old. But the land lease could be much shorter. It all depends on how many years the developer held on to, before starting the construction. Please check carefully

Bro according to agent the unit only 5 yrs old. Everything nicely done! 7aircons , built in cabinets in all the rooms. I dun need to do anything at all and just bring my lunguage!!!! Hahahahahaha

Very happy!!!!!M

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, just a word of caution. The building might be 5 years old. But the land lease could be much shorter. It all depends on how many years the developer held on to, before starting the construction. Please check carefully

Will check, thks bro for that infor. Hopefully it's 5 years.

Last edited:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is great to have a good seller and agent.

DreamOrAction has raised a very good point on the remaining years of the lease.

I had once considered a leasehold unit and realised that I had to add 7 years to the age of the development to get the actual remainder lease. I guess owners did not bother when they bought as land is abundant in Johor.
However, I took the additional years into consideration for the purchase price and did not seal the deal.

Anyhoo, I understand that the unit has been recently sold to another learned buyer. So, valuations and requirements do vary among people. No absolute right or wrong. Stay happy!

:smile:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
How are you bro abugumgum? You are one of those i really want to see happy here. :smile:
Hope it will go well for you, bros here like Lglab, RT and the new guys as well.

Thanks Bro wuqi. Well you and some bro know what happened and how we made the double u-turns :(
I will remember how you offered to help me with my Kia back then.

We are getting comfortable again but my Mrs. still not so comfortable with landed, despite me showing her places, how we can make it our home. So we pretty remain condo people :biggrin: for now.

Happy to know that you and family are getting on very well too.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Bro wuqi. Well you and some bro know what happened and how we made the double u-turns :(
I will remember how you offered to help me with my Kia back then.

We are getting comfortable again but my Mrs. still not so comfortable with landed, despite me showing her places, how we can make it our home. So we pretty remain condo people :biggrin: for now.

Happy to know that you and family are getting on very well too.

Hi bro, yr condo freehold or leasehold?
Malaysia so big, I tot all property r freeholds, they getting to learn everything from singhgapore!:mad:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, yr condo freehold or leasehold?
Malaysia so big, I tot all property r freeholds, they getting to learn everything from singhgapore!:mad:

Even landed can be leasehold here. It depends on the developer when they decided on the project.

One reason can be it is on State Land. While another reason can be developer and/or landowner decides to market as leasehold even though the land is freehold, so that can market slightly cheaper and most important can recycle the land once lease is up.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
So bro arowana, what's your finding about the lease and how is thing progressing ?

Hi bro, thks for yr concern. I told the agent I have to wait till my HDB 2nd appointment then can proceed. Cos they want me to pay 10% of selling price. I am not prepared as I didn't know the procedure there and here totally different. Actually went to view that unit, but we love it at 1st sight. Be it leasehold or freehold its ok with me. By the time leasehold expire, I dun know I am still around!:biggrin:
Let's enjoy life as we r still kicking.....:smile: u won't know what will happen tml? Maybe end of the world?
So be it freehold or leasehold, let's enjoy been free from the bondage as living in sinkapore!
Hope I won't have to pay the increased levy! So unfair, I want to buy then they increase, if I dun buy they won't increase! Hehehe. It's not my fault ok! Hehehehhe
After getting the unit my next move is to get international license here and buy a car in JB.
This is to enjoy life .... And not work work work work. I will drive to genting, KL, malacca, many many places to go! Not like boring and expensive sinkiepore!
Cheers

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
So bro arowana, what's your finding about the lease and how is thing progressing ?

Wow bro , u have great taste huh!

I just saw Taman Laguna webpage, very attractive! 6 bedrooms and 5 toilets!

Wow, how good if we have have a few wives also! Hahahahha.... So we can go to this house or this room, next week change to another house or room! Maybe want to consider convert to Muslim so can have few more wives!! :biggrin:

Will drop by HH or TL to look see next time for investments......
It's better to buy directly with the agent there, recent fair at OH not very attractive in price, maybe mark up for agent comm here also!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. That's right. Live to the fullest we can :smile:

Hi bro, thks for yr concern. I told the agent I have to wait till my HDB 2nd appointment then can proceed. Cos they want me to pay 10% of selling price. I am not prepared as I didn't know the procedure there and here totally different. Actually went to view that unit, but we love it at 1st sight. Be it leasehold or freehold its ok with me. By the time leasehold expire, I dun know I am still around!:biggrin:
Let's enjoy life as we r still kicking.....:smile: u won't know what will happen tml? Maybe end of the world?
So be it freehold or leasehold, let's enjoy been free from the bondage as living in sinkapore!
Hope I won't have to pay the increased levy! So unfair, I want to buy then they increase, if I dun buy they won't increase! Hehehe. It's not my fault ok! Hehehehhe
After getting the unit my next move is to get international license here and buy a car in JB.
This is to enjoy life .... And not work work work work. I will drive to genting, KL, malacca, many many places to go! Not like boring and expensive sinkiepore!
Cheers

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cheers

Hi
Just curious , why do u wan to sell it when u do not have a back up home ? so u cant really blame the govt when you have profited from selling yr 5 rooms flat.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Just curious , why do u wan to sell it when u do not have a back up home ? so u cant really blame the govt when you have profited from selling yr 5 rooms flat.

I have house in Philippines, I born in sing local Chinese dun really like staying in sing, every time open letter box sure got something to pay! Actually I got 2 house oversea, just sold 1 away, until I visit this forum I focus now turn to JB. Cos it's very near, dun need to take aeroplane! I spent so much on air ticket already, and sometimes very scare flying here and there, sometimes my heart also jump out when the plane jerked.

Now I got a letter, bank willing to loan only 50%, if I buy a 4 room flat which cost $405k which condition not so good compare to a penthouse in JB only at $230k sing. I am really vex now, dun know should I buy 4 room flat here or the prop in JB!.? :*: I sold my flat to pay full for my prop in Philippines, really regret , should buy JB better!! Taman Laguna very good to consider....

Pls help..... If my kids can have a place to study then best,,. ... Really headache .
Anyone know those yellow bus fetching kids to school from JB to sing?? I can't find online? Urgent!!

The agent want me to pay 10% for prop in JB. I got few more days to decide. Already got ready cash to pay. I need more infor how Is the best place for them to attend school. Yellow bus number anyone!??

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have house in Philippines, I born in sing local Chinese dun really like staying in sing, every time open letter box sure got something to pay! Actually I got 2 house oversea, just sold 1 away, until I visit this forum I focus now turn to JB. Cos it's very near, dun need to take aeroplane! I spent so much on air ticket already, and sometimes very scare flying here and there, sometimes my heart also jump out when the plane jerked.

Now I got a letter, bank willing to loan only 50%, if I buy a 4 room flat which cost $405k which condition not so good compare to a penthouse in JB only at $230k sing. I am really vex now, dun know should I buy 4 room flat here or the prop in JB!.? :*: I sold my flat to pay full for my prop in Philippines, really regret , should buy JB better!! Taman Laguna very good to consider....

Pls help..... If my kids can have a place to study then best,,. ... Really headache .
Anyone know those yellow bus fetching kids to school from JB to sing?? I can't find online? Urgent!!

The agent want me to pay 10% for prop in JB. I got few more days to decide. Already got ready cash to pay. I need more infor how Is the best place for them to attend school. Yellow bus number anyone!??

Good for you. Yellow bus to the rescue!! :smile:
http://centurybus.com.my/htm/aboutus.html
CENTURY BUS SERVICE SDN BHD

No. 66, Jalan Harimau, Century Garden,
80250 Johor Bahru, Johor,
Malaysia.

Mobile: +65-9396 8459, +6012-787 2852, +6016-717 6332 (Mr Lee)
+6019-714 1516 (Ms Susan)