• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Buy a $2.5M property to get PR

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true there is such a relief offered to foreigners to settle in Singapore with PR with purchase a $2.5M property?

Is this a bride by government to foreigners so PAP can build expensive real estates?

What sort of people are we attracting to stay here? Drug Lords or criminals with spare change of $2.5M can live in Singapore permanently, and to wash money?

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true there is such a relief offered to foreigners to settle in Singapore with PR with purchase a $2.5M property?

Is this a bride by government to foreigners so PAP can build expensive real estates?

What sort of people are we attracting to stay here? Drug Lords or criminals with spare change of $2.5M can live in Singapore permanently, and to wash money?

You dont know if its true yet make judgements. Whats your point asking again?

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are talking about the FIS which now has been scrapped. But there does exist backdoors but only to super multimillion and bilionaires

crackhead

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are talking about the FIS which now has been scrapped. But there does exist backdoors but only to super multimillion and bilionaires

there was a Global Investor Programme under EDB. Also S$2.5m to start business, get Employment Pass and 6-12 months to get PR.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
GIP was tricky because Economic Disaster Board try to play Yan Dao. You must actualize your biz plan eventually. But production in SGP is a joke. Too ex and Disaster Board people no brains only interested in cheating people for their own bonuses. Get EP and PR was was easy 6-7 years back. Then if you pump money into your salary and pay taxes you get your Citizenship quick with less than 3 months presence in SGP. That has changed. FIS was straightforward and back then many a time, no physical money commitment necessary to buy citizenship. You got bank account to chee 10 million you can get without pay 10 million. Who say buy 10 million Sentosa Cove must pay 10 million upfront or even any millions at all? You consider sale then it is just disbursement. Once get passport can flip it.

Rumpole

Alfrescian
Loyal

According to the ICA's website, the Global Investor Programme is very much alive and kicking!

1. Who can apply under the Global Investor Programme?
Investors who are interested to start a business or invest in Singapore may apply for the permanent residence under the Global Investor Programme (GIP) in Singapore for themselves and immediate family. They can choose to either:

1) Invest at least S$2.5 million in a new business entity or expansion of an existing business operation; or

2) Invest at least S$2.5 million in a GIP-approved fund. The list of GIP-approved funds can be found at www.contactsingapore.sg/GIP.

For more details, please contact:

Singapore Economic Development Board
250 North Bridge Road
#28-00 Raffles City Tower
Singapore 179101
Tel: 68326832 Fax: 68326565

http://www.sedb.com

For more info, please see Ingrate and Corruptible Authority's webpage at http://www.ifaq.gov.sg/ica/apps/fcd...u5ely3wqZIPqOcSyrMfl2d3EMreOhNFZ7xNKPuMWDyQ==

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
According to the ICA's website, the Global Investor Programme is very much alive and kicking!

Just about every country has an investor category in it's immigration list. Quantums and conditions may vary but the principle is the same. If you're rich, you're most welcome.

That's the reason why it is important to get rich as quickly as possible once you start working life. The more money you have, the wider the choice.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have nothing against people who can really invest $2.5 mm in Singapore to create jobs- most of which must be for locals.
If the guy create jobs only for foreigners or just park his money in the bank-than what's the point.?

Thats why its important to have a strong opposition-to suggest policies that benefit locals.

Last edited:

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont agree with your problems against job creation as even creating jobs for FT has a trickle down effect and introducing liquidity into the economy can be a good thing.

But I totally agree with you bro that we need a strong oppo to suggest policies to benefit locals. cheers bro :biggrin:

I have nothing against people who can really invest $2.5 mm in Singapore to create jobs- most of which must be for locals.
If the guy create jobs only for foreigners or just park his money in the bank-than what's the point.?

Thats why its important to have a strong opposition-to suggest policies that benefit locals.

lorrydriver

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont agree with your problems against job creation as even creating jobs for FT has a trickle down effect and introducing liquidity into the economy can be a good thing.

I have been involved with 2 cases personally:

First Case - FT boss came to Singapore as his business was mainly to support customers who had projects in SG, set-up company, operated for 2 years plus, books was in a mess coz he hired another FT GM who had no idea how to manage a company, could not control cost spendings. Final straw, signed a contract with a Malaysian co, took over US$8m in progressive payments, sent the money back to home country, then declared head office bankrupt. SG subsidiary no cash and died..........2 years later, the same FT boss set-up biz again in Singapore but under different director name, another FT.

Second Case - FT boss trying to avoid home tax so set up SG biz and paid himself salary in SG to pay lower taxes. Again, another small time boss who don't know how to manage costs. after 2 years plus (co-incidentally?) ran out of cash in SG, disappeared overnight and all debts never pay.

In both cases, they may have brought liquidity into SG but end of the day, there are SG businesses that end up losers as they are not paid for services provided. Mind you, these are Ang mohs, i'm talking about, they have no qualms about packing up and disappearing....

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been involved with 2 cases personally:

First Case - FT boss came to Singapore as his business was mainly to support customers who had projects in SG, set-up company, operated for 2 years plus, books was in a mess coz he hired another FT GM who had no idea how to manage a company, could not control cost spendings. Final straw, signed a contract with a Malaysian co, took over US$8m in progressive payments, sent the money back to home country, then declared head office bankrupt. SG subsidiary no cash and died..........2 years later, the same FT boss set-up biz again in Singapore but under different director name, another FT.

Second Case - FT boss trying to avoid home tax so set up SG biz and paid himself salary in SG to pay lower taxes. Again, another small time boss who don't know how to manage costs. after 2 years plus (co-incidentally?) ran out of cash in SG, disappeared overnight and all debts never pay.

In both cases, they may have brought liquidity into SG but end of the day, there are SG businesses that end up losers as they are not paid for services provided. Mind you, these are Ang mohs, i'm talking about, they have no qualms about packing up and disappearing....

Every country has black sheeps, but this is certainly not the norm as people here usually try to portray it.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You dont know if its true yet make judgements. Whats your point asking again?

You don't seem to understand simple English.

Tanwahtiu is seeking answers to something mysterious, something secretive, something unknown.

If seeking answers to you is "being Judgemental". then you must be a hopeless case to begin with.

I am waiting for your reply for that would enable me to make a final diagnosis on your state of mind.

Answer me fast or I will become more furious.........

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks bro for your support.

i've heard about it at a function but a bit sketchy and like to know is there such thing.

Tanwahtiu is seeking answers to something mysterious, something secretive, something unknown.

If seeking answers to you is "being Judgemental". then you must be a hopeless case to begin with.

I am waiting for your reply for that would enable me to make a final diagnosis on your state of mind.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Haha no. He is simply fabricating something to support his argument against the PAP :smile:

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
as if! if you know something why not share it. If you don't know anything about it keep quiet and no one will say you are dumb.

Oi, you started this thread putting down some fairytale in your first post. If you think i called foul for no reason it is up to you to prove your claim. So bring it.