• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bukit Batok by-election to be held on May 7

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Scroobal is one of the best social and political commentators around. I am truly grateful that he has chosen sammyboy as his soap box. I am honored to have him as a member here.

Anyone can post like that too with an air of authority and importance with rubbish content based on his personal view that sounds like a view of the masses.. then use own clones to self praise his own post..to sound like his post is justifiable and important by the unnoticeable, careless and dumb ones. oh yes, i wish to add that he uses his clones to divert real dissents from his posts too. if his post is of good quality, why need his own clones to market and advertise his post.

you call this best political commentator???

That is how PAP behaves too..ownself praise ownself..Then use media to brainwash the people into believing their bullshit.

maybe best bullshit political commentator going through therapy session..

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not about "airing dirty linen", it's about the facts, this adulterous affair is the very reason why there is a by-election.

The Michael Palmer affair should've serve as a good warning for elected public office holders on decency and integrity, but yet David Ong still secretly went on with his adulterous affair for 6 months and cheated on his wife repeatedly before being exposed by Wendy's husband.

Ok. So who doesn't know the fact that the by election is called because the ex MP had an alleged extramarital affair with his grassroots leader ? What is important is what the elected MP can do to solve the problems for the residents. I will be appalled if SDP raises the scandal as an election issue instead of focusing on the bread and butter issues.

jw5

Loyal
Ok. So who doesn't know the fact that the by election is called because the ex MP had an alleged extramarital affair with his grassroots leader ? What is important is what the elected MP can do to solve the problems for the residents. I will be appalled if SDP raises the scandal as an election issue instead of focusing on the bread and butter issues.

Nobody knows what the elected MP can do to solve the problems for the residents. That would simply be a prediction. Whereas the former MP having an extra-marital affair with a married woman from his grassroots organization is a fact. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Anyone can post like that too with an air of authority and importance with rubbish content based on his personal view that sounds like a view of the masses.. then use own clones to self praise his own post..to sound like his post is justifiable and important by the unnoticeable, careless and dumb ones. oh yes, i wish to add that he uses his clones to divert real dissents from his posts too. if his post is of good quality, why need his own clones to market and advertise his post.

you call this best political commentator???

That is how PAP behaves too..ownself praise ownself..Then use media to brainwash the people into believing their bullshit.

maybe best bullshit political commentator going through therapy session..

Those who can and are brave enough, do. Those who cannot, commentate. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/chee-soon-juan-questions/2716912.html

Chee Soon Juan questions impact of having another PAP candidate in Parliament

There is no impact on having another pap candidate in parliament because they will all toe the line when it comes to voting on policies. Their questions and comments will not be difficult or hard-hitting towards the ministar on behalf of ordinary folk. That's why we need more opposition candidates in parliament. :wink:

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal

I never said SDP should raise it and I also don't approve of SDP raising it. SDP should continue with their clean politics, raising this issue would be sinking to PAP's dirty politics of character assassination and smearing opposition members in MSM, like what PAP did to Dr Chee and AHTC.

Despite PAP's dirty politics to fix opposition, WP and SDP have been doing clean politics and hard work, hopefully this will earn the respect and votes of many more Sinkies.

Even though SDP don't raise it, it's still an issue for voters in this by-election, especially for married mothers and those religious types. This issue had swung a few hundred votes in the previous by-elections, just hoping that it will swing more votes this time.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no impact on having another pap candidate in parliament because they will all toe the line when it comes to voting on policies. Their questions and comments will not be difficult or hard-hitting towards the ministar on behalf of ordinary folk. That's why we need more opposition candidates in parliament. :wink:

Totally agree, there's already so many PAP minions toeing their leaders line, we need more opposition voices and votes in parliament. Dr Chee would make much greater contribution for Sinkies in parliament than another PAP minion.

jw5

Loyal
Even though SDP don't raise it, it's still an issue for voters in this by-election, especially for married mothers and those religious types. This issue had swung a few hundred votes in the previous by-elections, just hoping that it will swing more votes this time.

The married fathers won't be too pleased either. :wink:

jw5

Loyal
Totally agree, there's already so many PAP minions toeing their leaders line, we need more opposition voices and votes in parliament. Dr Chee would make much greater contribution for Sinkies in parliament than another PAP minion.

We don't need any more sycophantic elitist pappy minions. :biggrin:

minions.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We don't need any more sycophantic elitist pappy minions. :biggrin:

pappy minions may be sycophantic but they work hard to get votes. oppo minions are simply lazy couch potatoes sitting in the comfort of their chairs and cranking bs on their keyboards kpkb all day without adding a single vote.

image.jpg

jw5

Loyal
pappy minions may be sycophantic but they work hard to get votes. oppo minions are simply lazy couch potatoes sitting in the comfort of their chairs and cranking bs on their keyboards kpkb all day without adding a single vote.

not to forget gossiping and commentating all day on internet forums.................no wait, that's the fake oppo minion aka tua pau xian. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not to forget gossiping and commentating all day on internet forums.................no wait, that's the fake oppo minion aka tua pau xian. :biggrin:

all ready for your big day? jah rastafar is so excited he has been singing since 5pm the previous day. fortunate guy. he gets to see a eunuch.

jw5

Loyal
So other than Murali and Chee, any other candidates expected on nomination day? New citizens who want to "help people"? :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So other than Murali and Chee, any other candidates expected on nomination day? New citizens who want to "help people"? :biggrin:

ching chong nigger, your husband, may be taking part. if csj withdraws b pat enters the fray, a battle of 3 keeklengkias. you may be wife of an mp soon.

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sdp-pitches-social/2722432.html

SDP pitches social programmes for Bukit Batok

“I will do the work full-time and I will be able to give my undivided attention to the residents," says Dr Chee Soon Juan.

Updated 22 Apr 2016 23:45

SINGAPORE: The Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) on Friday (Apr 21) laid out four social programmes that it says it will roll out if its secretary-general Chee Soon Juan is elected as Member of Parliament for Bukit Batok Single Member Constituency (SMC) come Polling Day on May 7.

It also announced coordinators for the programmes, all of whom are not members of the opposition party.

One programme called "Hearts for Bukit Batok" is aimed at helping the elderly and low-income residents in the constituency. Under the programme, households in the constituency are encouraged to "adopt" a needy family to get financial and emotional support. If elected, Dr Chee will use his MP allowance to assist 10 low-income families, the SDP said.

A trust fund will also be set up to ensure the assistance for the elderly and poor is sustainable in the long run, SDP vice-chairman John Tan said. The programme will be coordinated by Ms Wong Hwee Lin, a 42-year-old private tutor.

"Dollars and cents" is to provide advice for residents who are facing financial difficulties. The programme will be staffed by experts and financial planners. It will be coordinated by Tan Kin Lian, the former Chief Executive Officer of NTUC Income.

A third programme, "Pathfinder", is meant to help build confidence in students and have them come together to explore their interests. It will see students from low-income families receiving subsidised private tuition. Ms Rajakumari Ashkumar, a 23-year-old allied educator has been identified as coordinator for the programme.

Lastly, "Legal Lifeline" is to provide legal assistance to low-income families. SDP said there are currently seven lawyers who have agreed to volunteer for the programme.

"As soon as there is the handover, we will put the staff in place and that they will be able to get on the job right away. It depends on how much cooperation we get from our predecessors, and make sure that once everything is in place, we will push on with the programmes," said Dr Chee. “I will do the work full-time, and I will be able to give my undivided attention to the residents."

He added that the proposed programmes will help foster integration and a sense of community within the constituency.

"At the end of the day we want to create that successful town and the successful town is not just keeping the lift landings clean and the corridors swept. It really means that when residents come together they take ownership of their town and they become very much involved in the programmes, the initiatives, the activities that they want to take care of," he said.

When asked how much he would contribute from his MP allowance if he is elected, Dr Chee said it would depend on the needs of the residents.

"I don't want to put a quantum to it. I'm not looking at a minimum nor am I looking at a maximum. I just want to be at least look at the scale of the problem and then figure out from there what we can do. I would imagine it would be no less than in the thousands, rather than hundreds."

yahoo55

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/sdp-details-schemes-help-needy-elderly-if-elected-bukit-batok

SDP details schemes to help needy, elderly if elected in Bukit Batok

Party chief Chee to contribute part of MP allowance to kick-start the programmes

Updated: 12:24 AM, April 23, 2016

SINGAPORE —Should Singapore Democratic Party (SDP) chief Chee Soon Juan get elected as Member of Parliament in the Bukit Batok by-election on May 7, residents of the single-member constituency could receive financial advice from former presidential candidate and ex-chief executive of NTUC Income Tan Kin Lian.

Mr Tan, who will facilitate a programme meant to help residents facing financial difficulties, said he was approached by Dr Chee and was “happy” to accept his invitation.

The other social programmes announced by the SDP on Friday (April 22) were for households to adopt a needy family in their community, and a scheme that would offer students a place to come together to explore their interests and talents.

The Hearts For Bukit Batok programme will see households giving their time and resources to recipient families. Activities such as sewing, gardening and bingo will also be organised for the elderly.

The programme will be coordinated by Ms Wong Hwee Lin, 42, a private tutor with a master’s degree in sociocultural anthropology.

The programme for students, Pathfinder, could feature science fairs, sports activities and a book bank. It will be coordinated by 23-year-old allied educator Rajakumari Ashukumar.

And for residents who need legal advice, a group of seven lawyers has already volunteered to help.

None of the three coordinators and facilitator announced are Bukit Batok residents or SDP members, but Ms Wong has volunteered with the party since last year and Ms Rajakumari’s father is an SDP member.

Dr Chee, who is likely to come up against the People’s Action Party (PAP) candidate Murali Pillai in the by-election, said he wanted to be a catalyst that brings out the best in Bukit Batok residents.

Pledging to contribute part of his MP allowance to help kick-start the programmes, should he be elected, Dr Chee said: “It’s important for us to be a community where people come together and support each other so at the end of the day, we’re not just people who happen to reside in that constituency.”

Dr Chee said his contribution to the programmes would likely be “in the thousands”, and other sources of funding for the programmes further down the road could include private donations and corporate sponsorships.

The SDP had earlier announced a transition team to ensure a smooth takeover of the town council should Dr Chee win the by-election. It was called after former Bukit Batok MP David Ong of the PAP stepped down due to an alleged extramarital affair with a grassroots volunteer.

“Taking care of the constituency, that’s hugely important,” said Dr Chee. “But I also want to be that spark, that catalyst the brings out the best in the people of Bukit Batok to inspire them to reach for the best, to appeal to their better angels and to discover that side of the Bukit Batok community that we didn’t know that we had, so we can build a compassionate town.

“A town that will, dare I dream, become the model and one day spread throughout Singapore,” he added.

jw5

Loyal
Somehow Dr Chee and SDP's proposals sound believable. But when you hear a first time pap mp claim that he is standing for elections to help the people, the first thing to do is to ROTFL. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Somehow Dr Chee and SDP's proposals sound believable. But when you hear a first time pap mp claim that he is standing for elections to help the people, the first thing to do is to ROTFL. :biggrin:

Is Murali gay? Can he join your gay boys' club?