• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Breaking News] Chiam See Tong and Kenneth Jeyaratnam to join power gun down GRC!

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anonymous said...

Hi Solo Bear

Surely u can see that there is no hope?
Most Singaporeans do not care.
Even among the anti-pap folks, most are ignorant.
They just want to lash out.
Plus u are old and anti-gay.
That makes u uncool and by extension everything that u say is rubbish (to them).
31 August 2009 11:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Well if Kenneth Jeyaretnam wants to undo his father's legacy by teaming with Chiam then carry on by all means under the name of a different party.

Don't smear Reform Party with such antics.
1 September 2009 12:44 AM
Anonymous said...

Since JBJ has passed, I will choose SDP any time over PAP or any other opposition party BECAUSE they stand for Singapore to become a democracy.

The rest are just there to prop up the PAP and show as if there is "some opposition" for Singaporeans to vote for and let off steam every 4 years.
1 September 2009 12:45 AM
Socrates_Reincarnate said...

Sig:

For a person voting for PAP all your life, maybe kentridgecommon is boring.

But on the contrary, I think reading the mainstream media stuff friendly to PAP is even more boring. I mean all the talk about PAP's contributions in the past to appeal to support is really running and running on like a broken recorder. Especially when the world damn world knows that those fruits of labor are that of the old guards of PAP, but that doesn't mean we have to respect the new guards, because it is the old guards who brought us to what we are due to their passion and drive. And yes, they didn't have those million dollar salaries either.

Hopefully, Sig, you don't find PETIR the most creative piece of work. Ok I was kidding, don't take that seriously.

Have a great week ahead!
1 September 2009 1:52 AM
Anonymous said...

Such angry words. What has Kenneth J done to "smear" the Reform Party?

Is there only one way to "reform" the system? Only to those who subscribe to "my way or the highway". That kind of leaders, I do not fancy.

JBJ might have sacrificed much for his cause, but he is not always right.
1 September 2009 8:55 AM
Anonymous said...

Anon 8:55

No mortal is always right.
Not SDP, JBJ, Solo Bear ... and esp not PAP.

In truth, to paraphrase the Duke of Deer Mountain, the average Tan does not care who rules as long as there is peace and food on the table.

My only wish is for Mr Average Tan (for their own sakes) to vote in a few more opposition members even if they are Dumb and Dumber. The mere presence of opposition will force the incumbents to throw a few more scraps to the poor and show more humility. I mean the MPs (or ministers) dun actually run the country. They may influenece it but its the invisible civil servants that keep things going no matter who is king.
1 September 2009 10:26 AM
Anonymous said...

Prior to the Aware saga, I would vote Reform, SDP, WP and any opposition anytime. After the Aware saga, I vote PAP because they are the only one who can restrain the homos from shouting in my face.
1 September 2009 10:55 AM
Anonymous said...

Anon 10:55

Do u really think the pro-gay faction of AWARE could win if PAP said no?

Btw, there is really no conservative "Christian elite" in PAP. Just fyi.
1 September 2009 11:31 AM
Anonymous said...

To anon 11:31,

PAP already stated they do not care
who win AWARE, its none of thier concern.

Jacob
1 September 2009 11:46 AM
Anonymous said...

The PAP does not redraw PotongPasir because they will lose even more support if they do.

If they do so, yes, Chiam may lose, but since they have to do that(redraw) to make him lose, it MEANS the PAP lost, because it could not take him in a fair fight.

Already out of every 3 singkies that vote in an election, 1 votes for opposition, even if opposition is a chimpanzee. How many ways can they keep on redrawing the boundaries? Until even Holland road becomes Marine Parade???

With anger over the upgrading controversy, how many more people will be angered if the PAP redraws PP to kill off Chiam?

Thus this claim by solobear I disagree with. There is no conspiracy to keep Chiam in power by the PAP, the PAP simply can't get rid off him in the way they WANT.

If anybody wants to lookdown on Chiam, then let me ask you, what have you done compared to him?

Have you done even FIVE PERCENT of what Chiam has done for political opposition in singapore?????

Chiam is singapore's most successful opposition politician and that's final.

Contrast him to JBJ, whose own son did not want to represent him in court. So sad.
-----------------

In any case, I am quite sure there is a conspiracy by the PAP to decrease Chiam's support by planting rumors that the PAP wants Chiam to survive, and solobear has nicely fallen smack into this trap. LOL

sig
1 September 2009 3:02 PM
Anonymous said...

So following yr argument, is LowTK there also because the PAP allows him? Cannot lah, solobear.

These guys are there because the altho the PAP could technically kill them(redrawing boundaries,etc), they would lose even more by doing so in those underhand methods, rather than by beating them fairly in a straight election.

That's the way I see it.

And we also now see Bush was not an AWOLee, right? Cause the docu against him was a simple fake.

sig
1 September 2009 3:07 PM
Anonymous said...

We should also remember that Darth Danadous, boss of AWARE, was a strong supporter of JBJ, and she campaigned for him to receive various honors after his passing, like Uni chair etc.

Wonder if this shows anything.

sig
1 September 2009 3:14 PM
Anonymous said...

And I reiterate that KentRidgeCommon is a stock anti-PAP, pro-gay student newsletter that is boring, to put it kindly.

sig
1 September 2009 3:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Very boring.

sig
1 September 2009 3:24 PM
Anonymous said...

Yup so someone says JBJ was not always right and so on. So ya Kenneth can do whatever he likes but please do it under the name of another party because his current actions would put his father to shame.
1 September 2009 4:05 PM
Anonymous said...

So, we have self-appointed JBJ spokesmen who act like they love and know the father more than the son does and are entitled to his legacy and keep it they way they see it.

Hahaha! So predictable, the way these habitual hijackers fight for their cause - by bawling instead of persuading.

Yup, this is getting boring, although a little comical.
1 September 2009 4:18 PM
Anonymous said...

KentRidgeCommon, are you anti-homosexuality?

Just a simple yes or no with settle the quarrel.

You are not dealing with gullible students here.
1 September 2009 4:23 PM
solo bear said...

Sig:
>>
So following yr argument, is LowTK there also because the PAP allows him? Cannot lah, solobear.
>>

Me:
I would say it might be so too. However, that is something I cannot confirm because I left the political scene before I was able to get any ground feel on that. I only got it from the grapevine about Chiam.

>>
These guys are there because the altho the PAP could technically kill them(redrawing boundaries,etc), they would lose even more by doing so in those underhand methods, rather than by beating them fairly in a straight election.
>>

Me:
That's what I said, if you paid any attention. I said it would be better for PAP to handle a known dud (Chiam), than to handle an unknown wildcard (could be anybody whom the electorate puts up, in place of Chiam).

>>
We should also remember that Darth Danadous, boss of AWARE, was a strong supporter of JBJ, and she campaigned for him to receive various honors after his passing, like Uni chair etc.
>>

Well, for a lesbian, Dana sure was able to fall madly in love with a man. Sure puts to rest if gay is a choice or not! LOL.
1 September 2009 4:49 PM
Anonymous said...

Darth Danadous, boss of AWARE, was a strong supporter of JBJ ...

so what?

PAP has always been pragmatic as long as it serves their larger purpose.

unlike the opposition, PAP does not indulge in distracting disputes among factions .. not while the MM is still breathing.

As for LowTK, he has never really rocked the boat nor shown excessive ambition. plus he has excellent rapport with the teochew speaking heartland in the Hougang area. note also that PAP barely won the neighbouring aljunied grc helmed by a minister.
1 September 2009 6:19 PM

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anonymous said...

hi sig

AWOL or not, the point abt GW Bush was really that he *siamed* Vietnam War.
1 September 2009 6:23 PM
Anonymous said...

Hi Jacob

PAP also said they are helping the poor with gst raise and job credit to save jobs (and caused productivity to drop btw). oh and they also got some unknown pastor to represent all christians.

Sig & Solobear .. sorry for interrupting, your exchange of views is very interesting.
1 September 2009 6:29 PM
Anonymous said...

Ah, if someone is in the mood, we might just get treat - another Gay Wars episode.

Kenneth the new Jeydi?
1 September 2009 7:22 PM
Anonymous said...

"Well, for a lesbian, Dana sure was able to fall madly in love with a man."

Come to think of it, she may simply be riding on JBJ's star, to get exposure and win support from JBJ sympathizers, and possibly hijack his party.

They are skilled trojan horse riders.
1 September 2009 7:30 PM
Anonymous said...

"Well, for a lesbian, Dana sure was able to fall madly in love with a man. Sure puts to rest if gay is a choice or not! LOL."

this is the kind of argument you field. baseless observations and hearsay. and reputation smearing.

i should save this page and send it to the jeyaretnam family.

no wonder you have like two supporters. well done you.
1 September 2009 10:35 PM
Anonymous said...

Anon 10:35

I believe Solo Bear meant it as a joke. But u do have a point.

He is old, conservative, anti-gay and therefore uncool. And by extension all he says is rubbish (to u).

U reckon he should write poetry?
2 September 2009 1:58 PM
Sylvester Lim said...

Solo Bear, you said that Dr Chee oustered Chiam. That is the story that the ST has been pushing.

Why did Dr Chee kick Mr Chiam See Tong out of the SDP?

He didn't. It was Mr Chiam who resigned as secretary-general of the SDP.

Following the election in 1993, Dr Chee was sacked by the National University of Singapore where he was a Lecturer. Dr Chee went on a hunger strike as a mark of protest. Mr Chiam first supported Dr Chee's action but later changed his mind and called for the Party to censure his the assistant secretary-general (Dr Chee was elected to the post in February 1993).

None of the Central Executive Committee (CEC) members supported Mr Chiam's motion whereupon the Party leader tended his resignation, citing that he had lost the confidence of his colleagues.

A few of the CEC members, including Dr Chee, tried to persuade Mr Chiam to remain as secretary-general. However, Mr Chiam stated that he would do so only if he could be granted the power to appoint and dismiss the Party's cadre members. He also wanted the removal of Mr Wong Hong Toy as vice-chairman.

Under the Party's constitution a simple majority of the CEC was needed to appoint cadre members, not any one individual leader. The CEC did not have the constitutional power to accede to Mr Chiam's demands.

A few weeks later, Mr Chiam gave a speech at the Singapore Press Club attacking the Party's leadership in a vicious manner. Ironically, it was he who forbade leaders from criticising the party after they left it by making them sign oaths.

It was only after his speech at the Singapore Press Clubs, which is always looking for an opportunity to run down the opposition, that the CEC voted to expel Mr Chiam.

(The Press Club had extended a similar invitation to Dr Chee to counter Mr Chiam. Knowing that the PAP-controlled media had every intention to fan the flames Dr Chee declined the invitation. But when he subsequently informed the organizers that he would speak but on the Party's alternative policy ideas instead of the altercation with Mr Chiam, the Press Club withdrew the invitation.)

Despite all this Dr Chee approached Mr Chiam a few months later to invite him to join an SDP delegation that was going to visit the Australian Parliament in Canberra. Mr Chiam declined.

The PAP has seized on this matter and deliberately portrayed the falsehood that Dr Chee ousted Mr Chiam from the SDP.
2 September 2009 4:29 PM
fish 'n' chips said...

Hi Sig

You wrote
"And up to now, you didn't know Chiam was related to the Lees by marriage, right?"

Can you enlighten further?
2 September 2009 8:07 PM
Anonymous said...

Stumbled upon this by chance - anyone can verify the Edmund Ng SEO scam rumour? Is Edmund Ng still with Reform Party?

If so, Chiam is indeed committing political suicide by teaming up with RP and KJ killing his own party by keeping a rumoured scammer in his party.
2 September 2009 8:35 PM
Anonymous said...

Edmund Ng sounds like a classic salesman who guarantees many things.

http://www.internet-empire.com/seo-sample.htm

KJ, if you are reading this, please do not allow him to represent your party in the election.

Mr Chiam, please do not team up with Edmund Ng for a GRC.

It is guaranteed suicide. I will not vote for such a GRC.

Now it makes me wonder about the other characters in RP and their supporters.
2 September 2009 9:04 PM
Anonymous said...

The prob with opposition people is altho they are brave, you get a lotta mixed quality.

We know Chiam and LowTK are good quality, as well as Sylvia.

To me, their role is to be a check on PAP govt, that's all. We don't have an opposition capable of running singapore.

Ok, maybe blame PAP for this, but this is the case.

This Edmund guy I have no idea what he is like.

How amny people dare to stand against PAP? What businessman dares? Who will sacrifice the time and effort and take the risk?

I would get that NTUC guy, Tan Kin Lian to go, or that stockbroker(not the NMP guy taking maid photos, the other one) guy, if they want to put together a team to challenge GRC.
--------------------------

Someone else said GWBush "siamed" from vietnam war.

I think he did the right thing because the US should not have fought in vietnam. Unlike Iraq, and Afghanistan, the vietnam war had no moral justification and no benefit for the US. The US killed 2-3 MILLION viet civilians as well as 900K NVA soldiers and lost 60K US soldiers plus 100Ks miamed and injured US soldiers.

That's what happens when the democrat party in the US starts wars. The republicans under Nixon stopped the vietnam war and withdrew.

Stupid and wasteful as hell, vietnam shows the US at its most arrogant and dumb.

Anyway, americans have never had much success against orientals in battle. They had a tough time beating the japanese and had to use nuclear bombs. They couldn't take the Nkoreans(chinese) and lost to the Nviets(chinese).

Against arabs, euros and south americans, they win everytime, but against chinese, they lose everytime. In fact the chinese are the only culture and race to have beaten the americans twice in wars.

Guess we know now why the americans owe the chinese a TRILLION dollars in debt, huh????

sig
3 September 2009 12:26 PM
Anonymous said...

I also cannot see Chiam as a "dud", because he sees his role as not to form the next ruling govt, but merely to be check on the PAP.
That's what I want also.
To me, the "duds" are those presumptious enough to think they can be the next govt of singapore, and then invariably they fail.
-------------------
On Chee, I have some personal stories abt him from the working world whose veracity I trust fully, n I strongly have no confidence in him, this being my personal opinion, I am sorry to say.

I shall not speak further except say that I do not want him as my representative in parliament in any form whatsoever.

sig
3 September 2009 12:41 PM
Anonymous said...

Solo and Sig, if possible, please share what you know as much as possible without getting yourselves into trouble so that we can make informed decisions with verified facts.

Let us decide or verify for ourselves if it is plain gossip or hidden truths.

I too am wary about CSJ, and now a little about RP (not KJ, but some of their members and supporters) after witnessing their methods of getting what they want.

I do not approve of their methods because the are indicative of how they will behave and operate and they seem capable of turning into the 'rogue leaders' the MM alluded to, which I am initially, but no longer, skeptical about.
3 September 2009 4:54 PM
Anonymous said...

It appears that their next target is to remove legislation that gives the majority consensus a "tyrannical power" over the minority.

No prizes for guessing the right reason and motive.
3 September 2009 5:01 PM

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anonymous said...

What's so great about the Americans?!

Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is
this true?

A: Your heart is only good for so many beats, and that's it...don't waste them on exercise. Everything wears out eventually. Speeding up your heart will not make you live longer; that's like saying you can extend the life of your car by driving it faster. Want to live longer? Take a nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiencies. What does a cow eat?
Hay and corn. And what are these? Vegetables.
So a steak is nothing more than an efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system.
Need grain? Eat chicken.
Beef is also a good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable).
And a pork chop can give you 100% of your recommended daily allowance of vegetable products.

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?
A: No, not at all. Wine is made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that means they take the water out of the fruity bit so you get even more of the goodness that way. Beer is also made out of grain.
Bottoms up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have a body and you have fat, your ratio is one to one.
If you have two bodies, your ratio is two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of a single one, sorry. My philosophy is: No Pain...Good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: Foods are fried these days in vegetable oil. How could getting more vegetables be bad for you?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise a muscle, it gets bigger.
You should only be doing sit-ups if you want a bigger stomach.

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: HELLO Cocoa beans! Another vegetable. It's the best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming is good for your figure, explain whales to me.

Q: Is getting in-shape important for my lifestyle?

A: 'Round' is a shape!

It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat
and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beers and eat lots of sausages
and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

*CONCLUSION*

Aiyah....Sang now jin.

*Eat and drink what you like.*
*Speaking English is apparently what kills you.*
3 September 2009 8:19 PM
Anonymous said...

"Prior to the Aware saga, I would vote Reform, SDP, WP and any opposition anytime. After the Aware saga, I vote PAP because they are the only one who can restrain the homos from shouting in my face."

Exactly my sentiment.

But I would not count on the PAP to do that indefinitely. We may have to DIY sooner or later.
3 September 2009 8:23 PM
John Lee said...

{"Prior to the Aware saga, I would vote Reform, SDP, WP and any opposition anytime. After the Aware saga, I vote PAP because they are the only one who can restrain the homos from shouting in my face."

Exactly my sentiment.

But I would not count on the PAP to do that indefinitely. We may have to DIY sooner or later.}

Agree.

Sad to say, some of the opposition tend to oppose for the sake of opposing. Democracy? More like rebels without a cause.

A few do and can bring up good, constructive points. But the AWARE debacle has opened my eyes too.
4 September 2009 10:03 AM
Anonymous said...

How to support opposition when they are fighting among themselves? And over what? Money. How to trust them with our reserves?

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1002621/1/.html
4 September 2009 10:49 AM
John Lee said...

I hope that the opposition would come up with helpful, constructive and tangible suggestions and comments.

If the various websites that supported homosexuality during the AWARE incident are indicative of their kind of issues they want to bring up, I would prefer PAP anyday.
4 September 2009 11:27 AM
lee hsien tau said...

It seems that "Chiam's relationship to the Lees by marriage" is common knowledge!

And it should be clear to discerning Singaporeans what Lee Kuan Yew stands for!

Therefore to treat Chiam as opposition is to let a thief free run of your castle.

This Chiam fella cannot be trusted.

I set up a blog for him:

http://chiam-see-tong.blogspot.com

and you can download a pdf and view the evidence at your leisure (some legal knowledge needed).

Chiam See Tong cannot be trusted.pdf (16.06 MB)

If KJ were to team with Chiam, not only would he be doing a disservice to his father's legacy, he would be bedding with a tainted probable double-agent!
5 September 2009 4:28 AM

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who is this guy? Though clearly for the opposition, his articles is so full of factual errors and analysis is really bad.

Chiam did not repeat his O levels, neither did he go to the law faculty. He did his tertiary education in NZ after completing his A level at ACS. He was career teacher before taking up law. In Anson, the number of Indians remained the same and contrary to what he is suggesting it was the Chinese who carried JBJ to power.

More of where that came from:

http://wherebearsroamfree.blogspot.com/2009/08/chiam-and-kenneth-jeya-tie-up-is.html

Friday, 28 August 2009
Chiam and Kenneth Jeya tie up is political suicide
at 2:24:00 PM
(Some amendment of the dates were made to correct errors in this post, at 1725h on 28 Aug 2009)

There are those who rejoice the possible union of 2 opposition politicians to contest in a GRC next General Elections.
http://temasekreview.com/?p=12549

I am of the opinion that this is a bad move - in fact, suicidal for both Chiam and Jeya Jr.

Lee Hsien Tau

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dunno. I was more interested in the 'comments' made ..... and JBJ's videos.

:oIo::oIo::oIo::oIo::rolleyes:

Who is this guy? Though clearly for the opposition, his articles is so full of factual errors and analysis is really bad.

Chiam did not repeat his O levels, neither did he go to the law faculty. He did his tertiary education in NZ after completing his A level at ACS. He was career teacher before taking up law. In Anson, the number of Indians remained the same and contrary to what he is suggesting it was the Chinese who carried JBJ to power.