• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

GRC Ensured Capable But Unpopular People Get Into Parliament?

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP and PA make good partners! PA focus on the grassroots, PAP focus on national policies that will help Singapore punch above its weight!

When the PAP IB Chief going to move you to edmw hor! I think you are more suitable to that site

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tell me which opposition MP is capable enough to run a town council let alone a nation.

Hello Uncle, the job of an MP can be split into 3 parts:

1) Make laws;

2) Scrutinise government and debate issues;

3) Reflect local issues at constituent level

Understanding constituent's problems is not the same as running town councils. That is the job of civil servants. MPs do not run a nation. The civil servants do under the direction of the Cabinet which is drawn from the leadership of the party with a majority in Parliament. Know what is Westminster model of democracy before you talk cock in a forum which you "act as if you own it" (in your own words in one of your posts).

Now watch and LEARN. Tell me where got mention running town councils much less a nation. We are talking backbenchers here!

[video=youtube;-9Qz3-Alvd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9Qz3-Alvd4[/video]

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Now watch and LEARN. Tell me where got mention running town councils much less a nation. We are talking backbenchers here!

The honorable Mr Lee Kuan Yew changed the system you twit.

This ensured that useless backbenchers who did not nothing but talk cock would be exposed for the charlatans they are when put the to test of actually having to manage the electorate that voted them into office.

The Westminster system cannot be imported wholesale. Each country has to adapt to a brand of democracy that best suits the needs of the nation.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The honorable Mr Lee Kuan Yew changed the system you twit.

Indeed, the former Kempetei "translator" and traitor made changes to the system to rig it to the ruling party's advantage and for no other purpose. However, I give it to him that he acted in accordance with what Machiavelli advised which is to pretend and proclaim that the changes were made for the good of the People and hide the true intent of those changes. That is in contrast to his stupid son, who uttered an "off the cuff" statement that if there are 20 Opposition MPs in Parliament he will have to as Prime MiniSTAR spend all of his time trying to fix them!

This ensured that useless backbenchers who did not nothing but talk cock would be exposed for the charlatans they are when put the to test of actually having to manage the electorate that voted them into office.

It is not the job of MPs to manage the electorate you twit. MPs are PART TIME and except for MiniSTARS, they are not on the Government payroll, instead they are paid an allowance. Uncle, I have not forgotten that you wrote many times that MPs should be part time. MiniSTARS on the other hand cannot be part time. Civil servants are paid to run the nation on a day to day basis and that includes running town councils which are basically municipal affairs. Bogging down Opposition MPs with town councils is a means to prevent them from performing their true functions one of which is to scrutinise the Gahbrament and hold it to account.

Charlatans will be easily exposed by televising Parliamentary debates. MiniSTARS who are charlatans are more dangerous to the nation than backbenchers who talk cock. If backbenchers are prevented from performing their true function of holding the Gahbrament to account than who is going to expose these CHARLATAN MINISTARS? The Shit Times?

The Westminster system cannot be imported wholesale. Each country has to adapt to a brand of democracy that best suits the needs of the nation.

There is nothing wrong with this aspect of the Westminster system - to wit that the main functions of the MP is to make laws and scrutinise and hold Gahbrament to account. In fact it is the crux of the system. If you don't have this, then it is not a Westminster system but an LKY dictatorship masquerading as a Parliamentary system. It's like char kway teow without kway teow it is no longer char kway teow understand?

I will hold back an educational video for another post. :p

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
It is not the job of MPs to manage the electorate you twit. MPs are PART TIME and except for MiniSTARS, they are not on the Government payroll, instead they are paid an allowance. Uncle, I have not forgotten that you wrote many times that MPs should be part time.

Of course they can run it on a part time basis. They don't have to do the job themselves. What they have to do is oversee the running of the constituency by the appointed agents in an impartial manner.

In order to do this effectively, they need the skills to manage efficiently and effectively. Loonies and dimwits will be found out in no time.

I would like to congratulate the Hon Mr Lee for coming up with this brilliant modification and wish him a speedy recovery and a long and productive life.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When the PAP IB Chief going to move you to edmw hor! I think you are more suitable to that site

The PAP 7th IB Army is permanently stationed at the sbf. We are ordered to keep the peace, exterminate all brigands and to fight to the very last man if surrounded.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The PAP 7th IB Army is permanently stationed at the sbf. We are ordered to keep the peace, exterminate all brigands and to fight to the very last man if surrounded.

I welcome the presence of this crack squad of highly trained professionals. You will be well taken care of here.

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Of course they can run it on a part time basis. They don't have to do the job themselves. What they have to do is oversee the running of the constituency by the appointed agents in an impartial manner.

Do your full time job as a doctor, lawyer, architect, whatever. Read all the materials that you need to in order to properly do your job of scrutinising the Gahbrament. Understand what stupid laws the Gahbrament are proposing so as to debate them in Parliament and propose alternatives. Mind you the ruling party can use the resources of the civil service (budget in the millions if not billions) to prepare for these debates while you don't even have a small budget to hire interns. Note that in the UK and other First World democracies Opposition MPs in addition to receiving allowances for their part time role are also allotted funds to hire research assistants, et cetera. Ruling parties do not have this privilege because they can use the civil service resources. Please use your brains for once you twit!

If the civil service in First World countries can be impartial and run town councils effectively regardless of whether the MP is from the ruling or other parties then why can't Sinkie civil serpents do the same? That is the point isn't it! Why add extra layers of administration?

In order to do this effectively, they need the skills to manage efficiently and effectively. Loonies and dimwits will be found out in no time.

Loonies and dimwits as backbenchers will be exposed by inter alia an educated citizenry and a free media. Loonies and dimwits as MiniSTARS are far more dangerous and it is the job of the backbenchers to expose these on behalf of the People. Now watch and be educated you FOOL!

[video=youtube;Mevh0aqQ4CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mevh0aqQ4CQ[/video]

I would like to congratulate the Hon Mr Lee for coming up with this brilliant modification and wish him a speedy recovery and a long and productive life.

I would like to wish the former Kempetei "translator" a long enough life uncomfortably attached to the breathing machine so that he will live to see the defeat of the PAP in 2016! In addition, like Achilles I would like to rub it in by recommending that Sinkies award him the Parliamentary Attendance Prize as the MP who attended each and every one of the Parliamentary sessions for 2014 and 2015 without fail. He sure as hell is doing it part time, the other times he is doing his main job of trying to breathe.

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do your full time job as a doctor, lawyer, architect, whatever. Read all the materials that you need to in order to properly do your job of scrutinising the Gahbrament. Understand what stupid laws the Gahbrament are proposing so as to debate them in Parliament and propose alternatives. Mind you the ruling party can use the resources of the civil service (budget in the millions if not billions) to prepare for these debates while you don't even have a small budget to hire interns. Note that in the UK and other First World democracies Opposition MPs in addition to receiving allowances for their part time role are also allotted funds to hire research assistants, et cetera. Ruling parties do not have this privilege because they can use the civil service resources. Please use your brains for once you twit!

If the civil service in First World countries can be impartial and run town councils effectively regardless of whether the MP is from the ruling or other parties then why can't Sinkie civil serpents do the same? That is the point isn't it! Why add extra layers of administration?

Loonies and dimwits as backbenchers will be exposed by inter alia an educated citizenry and a free media. Loonies and dimwits as MiniSTARS are far more dangerous and it is the job of the backbenchers to expose these on behalf of the People. Now watch and be educated you FOOL!

[video=youtube;Mevh0aqQ4CQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mevh0aqQ4CQ[/video]

I would like to wish the former Kempetei "translator" a long enough life uncomfortably attached to the breathing machine so that he will live to see the defeat of the PAP in 2016! In addition, like Achilles I would like to rub it in by recommending that Sinkies award him the Parliamentary Attendance Prize as the MP who attended each and every one of the Parliamentary sessions for 2014 and 2015 without fail. He sure as hell is doing it part time, the other times he is doing his main job of trying to breathe.

UK's parliamentary system is far more advanced and transparent and better than the PAP's.